PDA

View Full Version : XA2 Shutter Problems

Harlee
06-26-2014, 13:54
I have a number of XAs, XA1s, XA2s and XA3s, all of which work very well after a slight repair job on several of them. My most recent one continues to have a shutter problem which has to do with the shutter release.

I removed the base, the sliding cover and the top containing the shutter release, which sometimes causes a problem as they get older. I removed the shutter release, the small printer circuit board, cleaned off the circuit board, and the four sliding contacts with contact cleaner on a Q-Tip, reassembled it, but it still doesn't work consistently.

Anyone out there have any more suggestions? I'm wondering if the sliding cover isn't completely activating the circuit when it's opened. I have to very gently depress the shutter release several times before the shutter works.

Would appreciate any suggestions.:bang:

Ranchu
06-26-2014, 16:43
Did you clean the other contacts that tell the camera the clamshell is open, on the other side from the shutter button on top? That's all I can think of.

Harlee
06-26-2014, 19:34
I did clean a number of contacts, but not sure about those contacts. I'll open up the camera again and clean them off as well. Thanks Ranchu!

Harlee
06-27-2014, 19:07
I dismantled the XA2 once again, cleaned the contacts where the front sliding cover opens and completes the shutter circuit,, put it back together and the shutter did open and close the shutter a couple of times, but then nothing.

I'm thinking about the possibility of changing the four contacts under the shutter release with another XA2 that I have just to see if that will make any difference. If I can find a junk XA2 for a very low price I may pick it up and change the shutter contacts with my present one.

Stay tuned for the further adventures of the XA2 Harley Man!