PDA

View Full Version : RFF post card project instanz vier

rbiemer
07-14-2013, 12:18
RFF postcard project round 4!
For those just tuning in...:)
I am starting "RFF post card project instanz vier" as of now.
This is a project we have done several--well three--times before and it is, I think, quite fun. The idea is that we each make postcards of one photo and send that card to everyone else who is playing. The same image for everyone. After we have all mailed our cards, we will each get a small photo show from around the world. And we will all have the same exhibit.

I will collect real addresses from who ever wants to join in.

I will NOT use those addresses for anything other than this project.

I will accept addresses for a specific length of time--probably about a month--and then send a list of all the addresses to each of us who are playing.

We all then will have another month to shoot, make, and mail postcards.

We each mail the same card to all the other folks on the list. So, if there are 40 people again, we each would mail 39 cards. Of the same image.

This is an international exercise and y'all should keep that in mind. (last time we had just under forty people joining in and I think my cost for cards and postage were around $75 USD)

I set no subject or gear restrictions. But these are postcards which means the image will be seen by all the people who handle the mail as it goes from you to the rest of us.

How the cards are made is up to each person; I have printed my own and have also used an on-line company to print my cards.
Frankly, I liked the paper I used better when I printed my own but I liked the print quality better when I had the cards made. I'm in the US and for me the cost was effectively the same for either doing my own or having them made. This time I will use the same company I used last time.

For the first three rounds, I did not limit the number of players except by the cut off date; how ever many folks sent me their addresses was the final number. in the past I have thought of dividing the total number into smaller groups and letting y'all each tell me if you want some or all of the smaller lists of addresses.

To keep the mechanics of organizing this as simple as possible (in the hope that I don't miss any one who wants to join in), I have a specific email address that I will be using for this round.
And, as I mentioned above, I do not use your addresses for anything but this specific round.

THIS MEANS that if you want to participate, I need you to send to the new email address the following info:
Your name and address (including your country--this is directed at us USA folks, we sometimes forget that there is a big world out there) in the correct format for your country.
your RFF username.I will collect addresses from now until I wake up and check my email on 5 August(Monday).

I will take a day or two to make sure I have the list correct and will email the list to all of us.

Plan on mailing your cards out NO sooner than 26 August.

And please have 'em all in the mail by 1 September.

A few last things:

Please do NOT pm me nor use any previous email address to send me your info.

If the numbers of us who want to do this get very large, I will let us all know in this thread and we can then decide what to do.

And, finally, the email address I need y'all to use if you want to play:

[email protected]

Thanks for joining in everyone!

Rob

robert blu
07-14-2013, 12:43
i took part in round 1, 2 and 3. For sure I'll like to take part in round 4. The girl delivering post in my surrounding already ask me if I'll receive again so many nice postcards! And when! Please keep in mind that since when I know how many cards I need till when they will be delivered it takes about 4 weeks, (express delivery is more expensive than printing itself). For me it's ok up to 40/50 cards, just my idea. Thanks for organizing it.
robert

Don Parsons
07-14-2013, 14:01
Yea!!!!

I'm in :-) email sent.

This is a bunch of fun guys, you ought to participate!

marcr1230
07-14-2013, 14:08
I'm in (again) !

email sent

zauhar
07-14-2013, 14:29
I'm in Rob, this time I used the special email address

Randy

kxl
07-14-2013, 15:25
I was in the first 3 times as well, and in again for #4. Email on the way.

kdemas
07-14-2013, 16:32
In in again, fun. I'll send my info along later.

Kent

randolph45
07-14-2013, 20:13
Rob
E-MAIL SENT:):):):)

krötenblender
07-14-2013, 21:41
And in again! Looking forward to all the new postcards. :)

seakayaker1
07-14-2013, 22:56
Rob, just sent and email for Round Four!

Looking forward to seeing everyones postcard already.

rbiemer
07-15-2013, 04:45
Right around 10 of us as I post this. Excellent!
Randolph45, I sent you an email.
Thanks, everyone!
Rob

rollinade
07-15-2013, 06:04
I love this idea, count me in! I've sold stuff in the classifieds, but this is my first post here.

-Adam

dct
07-15-2013, 13:42
Kicked in once again. Thank you for organizing.

rover
07-15-2013, 14:05
I am in again. I will send my email, with my NEW!!! address. So everyone get ready to update your address lists.

randolph45
07-15-2013, 14:17
I sent this email to Rob and he suggested I post to the forum for all to decide on their own.

" I would like to add a person who sends thank you post cards to us every time my wife sends a card or letter his way.
In the age of instant everything this man loves the hand written note.
His last note was five store bought postcards with a single word on each put together to form a thank you sentence.
If the group is OK with this I will send you his address:)"

zauhar
07-15-2013, 14:52
I sent this email to Rob and he suggested I post to the forum for all to decide on their own.

" I would like to add a person who sends thank you post cards to us every time my wife sends a card or letter his way.
His last note was five store bought postcards with a single word on each put together to form a thank you sentence.

That is fine with me.

Randy

crawdiddy
07-15-2013, 17:02
I'm in! I just emailed rbiemer.

I love postcards.

ricnak
07-15-2013, 17:11
I am in again and happy to include your friend Randy.

seakayaker1
07-15-2013, 21:24
I love this idea, count me in! I've sold stuff in the classifieds, but this is my first post here.

-Adam

Welcome Andy, the postcard exchange is a lot of fun and will look forward to receiving your card in the near future!

raid
07-15-2013, 21:28
i took part in round 1, 2 and 3. For sure I'll like to take part in round 4. The girl delivering post in my surrounding already ask me if I'll receive again so many nice postcards! And when! Please keep in mind that since when I know how many cards I need till when they will be delivered it takes about 4 weeks, (express delivery is more expensive than printing itself). For me it's ok up to 40/50 cards, just my idea. Thanks for organizing it.
robert

I took part in II and III so far.
Sounds like fun to join IV.

seakayaker1
07-15-2013, 21:28

Randy, include his address on the mailing list and I will be happy to send along a card.

. . . . . perhaps a second card since I have some extra's from the other postcard projects as well!

dct
07-15-2013, 22:52
Randy, include his address on the mailing list and I will be happy to send along a card.

. . . . . perhaps a second card since I have some extra's from the other postcard projects as well!

That's exactly what I thought.

Nebulon
07-15-2013, 22:55
Humbled and impressed by the great photos in the last round, I'm in again. Fun!

rbiemer
07-17-2013, 07:57
I just sent out a quick reply/acknowledgment to the first folks who have emailed me to join in.
Nice turn out so far, people!
As I type this we are at 22 (including me).
And, I've just had an idea that I will be emailing y'all about...:D
Now I just need to shoot the photo for my card. I may go berserk and shoot something color for this round...haven't quite made up my mind yet.

And, I did forget to mention this in my original post:

Please wait to post your postcard photo until well after we have all mailed. This is because I want us to see the real card before we see a version on our screens--that bit of surprise is one of the things I especially like about the project. Thanks!

Rob

raid
07-17-2013, 07:59
I am looking forward to receiving so many beautiful postcards.

rbiemer
07-26-2013, 03:18
We are at two dozen people as of this morning.
And since I started the new email address (which is only for this project) we have been offered a total of about 87 million dollars! The latest is 27.2 million USD from a bank manager in Burkina Faso.:rolleyes:
Once all the money comes in, I will divide it between us all :D
Who knew this hobby of mine would pay off so well...

Anyway, about a week and a half to go, folks, before I finalize our mailing list!

Rob

ricnak
07-26-2013, 03:52
Sounds great Rob.

I could use 3.625million dollars right now!

The number - two dozen sounds wonderful. Something I can do at home. I still have over 400 postcards of my own photos from the last two projects due to order problems - i now use the blank sides as shopping lists when i do the family groceries.

crawdiddy
08-01-2013, 12:05
I assume we're still at about 2 dozen participants? Probably a stupid question. If there were more, they would probably be in this thread. I'm ready to do some postin'.

rbiemer
08-01-2013, 12:51
Dan (and everybody),
As of 345 pm today, we are still at 24.
Only a few more days, folks!
Warm regards,
Rob

raid
08-01-2013, 12:53
Thanks for the update, Rob. I was getting worried that the project had already started!

sojournerphoto
08-01-2013, 15:15
I've emailed Rob. Only just seen the thread

Looking forward to it

MIke

rbiemer
08-05-2013, 02:55
Mike,
I haven't yet responded to your email but you are on the list.
And it is Monday morning as I type this and we are at 26 people.
I will be emailing every one later today with our address list, folks!
Time to start picking our postcard photo and get 'em printed!
Thank you all for joining in,
Rob

wallace
08-05-2013, 03:16
I really would like to take part in the project! Please count me in...

Thomas

rbiemer
08-05-2013, 03:29
Thomas,
See my first post and send me your info, please.
Thanks!
Rob
I really would like to take part in the project! Please count me in...

Thomas

rbiemer
08-06-2013, 06:26
OK, clearly I did not send the address list yesterday. My work has taken up a bit (:rolleyes:) more of my "free" time these last few days so I'm a little behind....or a big a$$ depending on who you ask:D.
ANYWAY, I will be sending the addresses out today.
Our final count is 26 including me and we should all plan on 28 cards (details in the email y'all get later).
Thank you all again for making this project happen!
As in the past projects, please do not post your postcard photos until we have all had enough time to make and send our cards.
Please mail your cards between 26 August and 1 September.
Time to make some cards!
Rob

rbiemer
08-08-2013, 06:43
I just sent out the address list, people.
If you didn't get the email, please let me know.
We are at a total of 27 addresses including me for this round.
Let the fun continue!

I have two photos I'm considering for this round, one BW and somewhat in the same vein as the last three I've sent and one (gasp! :) ) color shot.
Not sure about which one or neither; I'm finishing rolls in two cameras and I may wait until I get those processed before sending the scans off to be printed...
Rob

kdemas
08-08-2013, 06:54
I just sent out the address list, people.
If didn't get the email, please let me know.
We are at a total of 27 addresses including me for this round.
Let the fun continue!

I have two photos I'm considering for this round, one BW and somewhat in the same vein as the last three I've sent and one (gasp! :) ) color shot.
Not sure about which one or neither; I'm finishing rolls in two cameras and I may wait until I get those processed before sending the scans off to be printed...
Rob

Got it! Thanks Rob.

rollinade
08-20-2013, 09:31
Got my postcards from a local printer today---for once I'm ahead of schedule! Can't wait to start sharing.

-Adam

krötenblender
08-20-2013, 21:49
I have ordered at moo.com, but still waiting.

This time, I did not choose my postcard, but instead I gave a preselection to my friends. Most of them know about the previous projects and loved the idea and the postcards from all over the world (me doing "show&tell" every time…). So this time, my friends could choose the postcard. I had a clear winner, and that is what you get.

If you are interested, you can find the preselection here (but with the winner removed, so you will not get spoiled!): http://mempool.net/Instanz4/

randolph45
08-21-2013, 09:43
I have ordered at moo.com, but still waiting.

This time, I did not choose my postcard, but instead I gave a preselection to my friends. Most of them know about the previous projects and loved the idea and the postcards from all over the world (me doing "show&tell" every time…). So this time, my friends could choose the postcard. I had a clear winner, and that is what you get.

If you are interested, you can find the preselection here
(but with the winner removed, so you will not get spoiled!): http://mempool.net/Instanz4/

I let my wife pick the one she likes from the group I have preselected:)

dct
08-21-2013, 10:07
This time I made it very simple: I had already for the postcard III project two "winner" images. Eventually I placed the order at moo.com for the 2nd image of this winter.

ricnak
08-22-2013, 03:53
i just finished writing on my cards. They will be in the post tomorrow. I will apologize in advance for my chook scratch writing. I have hand problems, I was inspired by the detail of some of the postcards that I have received in the past and was determined to make more of an effort. It has taken me 4 days. I thought, if I spread it out, I might be neater. Sadly, no. It has just taken longer. Life goes on...

dct
08-22-2013, 10:47
Looking forward to your hieroglyphics... That's why I changed to printed text: I've much bother writing longhand.

randolph45
08-22-2013, 13:15
Looking forward to your hieroglyphics... That's why I changed to printed text: I've much bother writing longhand.

Me too!
I sometimes can't read my own notes:o

krötenblender
08-26-2013, 21:42
Yesterday the first postcard arrived from Frank. Germany to Germany is a little bit quicker. It's a nice shot, but I will not spoil you with what it is. You have to wait… ;)

I hope, my postcards from moo will arrive today, so I can start adding addresses.

kxl
08-26-2013, 21:48
I should receive my cards by Wednesday, and send them out before the end of the week.

merciless49
08-26-2013, 23:30
I apologize to you all! My cards won't arrive until by Sept 10, due to my busy schedule I just got a chance to place my order at Moo. Will address and send these out as soon as I get them. Looking forward to seeing the cards from everyone!

randolph45
08-27-2013, 12:42
I will be late mailing cards this time.:(
Guessing two weeks from today.

robert blu
08-28-2013, 04:17
Because of holidays/travellingd in august and beginning septembet I m a little late, ok let's face it: I'm late. My cards should arrive in the second part of september, than it will take me a couple of days to write and send.
robert

randolph45
08-29-2013, 07:19
I got my first card yesterday from Adam in Ohio.Now I am really behind the eight ball.

sojournerphoto
08-29-2013, 16:36
Received my first card from Frank, and ordered mine tonight. Will be posted as soon as I receive and write them.

Mike

raid
08-29-2013, 16:37
I am behind schedule. Need to order cards!

krötenblender
08-29-2013, 21:23
I'm finished with the cards and will bring them to the postoffice today.

wallace
08-30-2013, 00:27
Received my postcards yesterday from posterxxl. They came out fine!
Already received the first card from Frank.
Will send my cards on Monday.

raid
08-30-2013, 18:06
I just placed my order at MOO for 30 cards. I hope that the number is sufficient.

raid
08-30-2013, 19:34
I was in the first 3 times as well, and in again for #4. Email on the way.

Keith,
Was it you who prepared a list of all adresses in a file that could be printed out for mailing labels?

dct
09-01-2013, 10:27
I just placed my order at MOO for 30 cards. I hope that the number is sufficient.
Mee too. Should be ready to write and send around September 13th.
Received two cards so far. How I like these postcard projects! :)

wallace
09-02-2013, 05:20
done! my cards are on the way to you.....

crawdiddy
09-02-2013, 12:18
Hello fellow postcard geeks!

I have received 3 so far:
Adam
Frank
Helen

I'll try to observe the rules. But the images are lovely, all very different, and this is a great medium for individual expression.

Mine are in the mail as of yesterday. This is my first postcard project, and I decided to print my own B&W on Ilford postcard stock. I like the paper, but I had a hard time finding a pen which would write clearly, and not bleed when wet with water, and not leave impressions.. And when I found it (black super-fine Sharpie), the print can be seen slightly from the photo side. Also, I practically went blind from writing all the text and addressing. OK, that's an exaggeration. Eye-strain is probably more like it. Anyway, I think I should look into moo.com. Apparently lots of folks here like it.

bojanfurst
09-03-2013, 12:04
Another vote for Moo. Nice quality, decent price, but it took a while for them to get here, although that's probably Canada Post problem rather than a Moo one :)

I've sent a bunch of postcards today and the rest will be on their way tomorrow.

I got my postcard from Frank, already.

Don Parsons
09-04-2013, 07:22
Hey guys,

Mailing mine today. Sorry about the quick and dirty burn job. I didn't catch it til I saw the cards. I have to mail these because I'm in the process of changing jobs/moving and if I don't, you probably wouldn't get one from me.

I'll make it up next time.

don

rbiemer
09-06-2013, 07:06
I've got 4 beautiful cards in the last few days.
And my cards just got here from Moo yesterday. I'm pretty pleased at how they look. I hope to get them addressed today and likely won't get them mailed until Monday:bang:,
our tiny post office has very limited Saturday hours and I'm working.

Warm regards, all!
Rob

motion_runner
09-06-2013, 07:07
Folks,

my count is 4 cards; from the two Germans (Stephan and Thomas) plus Adam and John. Quality is excellent, the best start so far since I participate (round 2).

rollinade
09-06-2013, 07:47
I've received four thus far (actually five---I mailed one to myself!) and each one looks wonderful. Sharing photos via internet is such a compromise.

seakayaker1
09-06-2013, 09:40
Out of town for a few weeks and picked up mail from Postoffice.

I did find 5 beautiful postcards while sorting through the pile of mail. Loved each one of the images and thank everyone who participates in the PostCard exchanges!

01. Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany
02. Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
03. Helen (ricnak) Brookside, Queensland, Australia
04. John (jweber3rd) Atlanta, GA
05. Adam (rollinade) Cincinatti, OH

My postcards from MOO will be received on September 10, and I will do my best to get them out within a few days after they are in my hands.

Life is Grand!

Dan

raid
09-06-2013, 09:52
My cards are expected on September 12. We'll see.

kxl
09-06-2013, 13:21
Keith,
Was it you who prepared a list of all adresses in a file that could be printed out for mailing labels?

Hi raid - yes, that was me. I'm lagging behind this round - been busy at work. I have just received my cards. I am preparing the labels this weekend. Send me your email address, and I'll forward the template with the recipients' addresses for Round 4.

-Keith

raid
09-06-2013, 13:29
Thank you Keith. I sent you a pm.

Matus
09-06-2013, 13:51
I have missed this one! I have take part int he 3rd one - it was fun (I still remember that sleepless night making 40 of 4x5" contact prints.

I hope you will share the digital versions afterwards.

Enjoy!

crawdiddy
09-07-2013, 12:00
I have received 7 so far:
Don
Stephan
Adam
Helen
Eric
Frank
John
They are beautiful, diverse and inspiring. I really like this project.

raid
09-07-2013, 15:33
I have received 7 so far.
They are beautiful, diverse and inspiring. I really like this project.

Same here. Thanks to all.

rover
09-07-2013, 16:42
I have had such a busy end to the summer. I have my photo picked out and will order my cards tomorrow most likely. Sorry for the delay, but when you get my card you will understand. Very busy wonderful end of the summer.

randolph45
09-07-2013, 21:30
It has been a tough time trying to pick my image. This one will be BW film shot with a rangefinder.The last 3 all digital.
My stamps have arrived and the cards are comming Tuesday or Wednesday. My cards should be in the mail by weeks end:)

raid
09-09-2013, 10:41
Do you take the cards to the post office to get from them the correct stamps, or do you already know how much to use for (say) postage within the USA?

bojanfurst
09-09-2013, 10:54
Hi Raid,

In Canada, it's actually quite simple. You can buy stamp packages in a pharmacy or a grocery store for Canadian, USA and international destinations. They come in packages of six stamps and each stamp is good for a regular letter or a postcard. Not sure if similarly convenient system exists in USA.

bojanfurst
09-09-2013, 13:16
And Canada Post delivers! Sometimes that does feel like a minor miracle. I got Stephan's, Adam's and Helen's card and Frank's before that. All very lovely!

crawdiddy
09-09-2013, 13:18
Do you take the cards to the post office to get from them the correct stamps, or do you already know how much to use for (say) postage within the USA?

Hello raid,

I mailed my postcards about a week ago, and they told me at the Post Office that all international postcards cost $1.10. There are restrictions, of course (length/width/weight), but for approximately 4x6 inch cards, that's the price. They gave me round stamps that say "Global Forever".

Anyway, it's the same price whether Canada, Australia, Korea or Europe.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, U.S. postcard postage is $.33.

raid
09-09-2013, 13:25
Thanks, Dan. I placed my cards inside envelopes last year.

rbiemer
09-10-2013, 09:35
Raid,
For you and I (and the rest of us folks from the USA), we will need, if I'm remembering correctly, 9 international stamps and 17 domestic. 26 total; there are 27 of us in this round so, unless you want to send one to yourself, one less than the total should suffice.
Got several more beautiful cards on Saturday.

Rover, don't sweat being a bit late, you have more important things to deal with I imagine! :D

Warm regards,
Rob

raid
09-10-2013, 09:37
Raid,
For you and I (and the rest of us folks from the USA), we will need, if I'm remembering correctly, 9 international stamps and 17 domestic. 26 total; there are 27 of us in this round so, unless you want to send one to yourself, one less than the total should suffice.
Got several more beautiful cards on Saturday.

Rover, don't sweat being a bit late, you have more important things to deal with I imagine! :D

Warm regards,
Rob

Hi Rob,
Is there a difference in the stamp amount when placing the cards inside an envelope?

rbiemer
09-10-2013, 09:48
If you put the cards into an envelope, it then becomes regular first class mail and is, I think, 46 cents for domestic and rather more for international.
I think the international rates will vary more for an envelope than for a postcard but I'm not sure about that.
Rob

zauhar
09-10-2013, 09:53
Friends, my postcards are almost finished, I will send out tomorrow. Also, thanks to you whose cards I have already received, I will summarize here soon.

My card involved some darkroom burning, so each one is unique! That will be my excuse for being so late...

Randy

crawdiddy
09-10-2013, 17:57
Friends, my postcards are almost finished, I will send out tomorrow. Also, thanks to you whose cards I have already received, I will summarize here soon.

My card involved some darkroom burning, so each one is unique! That will be my excuse for being so late...

Randy

That's a good excuse, Randy. Because I know you do good darkroom work, having received a print from you in a recent print swap.

crawdiddy
09-10-2013, 17:59
If you put the cards into an envelope, it then becomes regular first class mail and is, I think, 46 cents for domestic and rather more for international.
I think the international rates will vary more for an envelope than for a postcard but I'm not sure about that.
Rob

Hi Rob,

When I was buying postage, I think the USPS person told me international postcards and letters are the same price, assuming no excessive weight or oversized.

raid
09-10-2013, 18:34
Dan is right about it.
In the US, it depends whether they see the cards as prints or as letters.
If you claim you have a photo, it is cheaper than a first class letter.

seakayaker1
09-10-2013, 22:51
I am now up to eight postcards!

06. Dan (crawdiddy), Irving, TX
07. Eric (Nebulon), West Fargo, ND
08. Don (Don Parsons), St. Peters, MO

I have received my postcards from MOO and addressed and stamped them all this evening and will go out in tomorrows mail.

Life is Grand!

Dan[/QUOTE]

dct
09-11-2013, 01:23
I can pick up my cards on Friday 13th: Weekend for writing and Monday 16th they should be on the way to you!
8 received so far.

ricnak
09-11-2013, 02:50
From the other side of the world - I am up to 3! Frank, Stephan and Adam. All great shots and a peek into each others lives. I love it!

h.

raid
09-11-2013, 10:53
I will my cards out any day.

seakayaker1
09-12-2013, 17:02
Another card in the mail today! Thanks Keith!

I am now up to nine postcards!

09. Keith (KXL), Chino Hills, CA

I did mail all my postcards yesterday afternoon.

Life is Grand!

Dan

raid
09-12-2013, 17:26
I mailed out the USA cards today. Tomorrow morning I will send out the international cards.

randolph45
09-13-2013, 01:10
Will mail all my cards tomorrow:):):):)

dct
09-13-2013, 06:46
I can pick up my cards on Friday 13th: Weekend for writing and Monday 16th they should be on the way to you!
8 received so far.

They are in my bag!
Now the writing job.

merciless49
09-13-2013, 09:19
My apologies for delays on my part, but the cards had been addressed and I will send them out today. Been enjoying the steady stream of cards in the mail, many thanks to all that are participating in this wonderful project!

randolph45
09-13-2013, 17:56
AND there off:)

Also one came today total now 11:)

raid
09-13-2013, 17:56
I mailed off my international cards today.

raid
09-14-2013, 05:15
My card shows a recent (vertical) image of a rainbow during sunset at Pensacola Beach.

crawdiddy
09-14-2013, 12:12
I just received postcard number 10. It's from Bojan in Newfoundland. And it is starkly beautiful, I might add.

Thanks, Bojan, and everyone else who's participating!

raid
09-14-2013, 13:14
Same here; I have ten cards now.

seakayaker1
09-14-2013, 23:29
A Saturday arrival! Thank you Randy!

I am now up to Ten postcards!

10. Randy (Zauhar) Philadelphia, PA

6 Color & 4 B&W

Life is Grand!

Dan

dct
09-16-2013, 04:33
8 received so far.

A few hours ago I gave all the cards to a friendly smiling post office clerk. They look very nice, she said. :o Of course, should I have said.
Definitely, not all postal employees are disgruntled old farts!

Nebulon
09-16-2013, 18:20
Many very nice cards have arrived. Beautiful and interesting images all. Thanks for the ones so far, and to those on the way!

seakayaker1
09-16-2013, 19:18
Monday's mail along with three more Post Cards! Thank you Bojan, Raid & Randy!

Three beautiful photographs . . . . .

. . . . . and the number is now Thirteen postcards!

11. Bojan (bojanfurst) St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
12. Raid (raid) Pensacola, FL
13. Randy (randolph45) Sacramento, CA

7 Color & 6 B&W

Life is Grand!

Dan

marcr1230
09-16-2013, 19:22
I'd like to apologize to all participants.
My postcards will be delayed
I've been sidetracked by life

raid
09-16-2013, 19:34
I have received twelve beautiful cards so far. Thank you.

seakayaker1
09-16-2013, 21:43
I'd like to apologize to all participants.
My postcards will be delayed
I've been sidetracked by life

No worries . . . . . life happens . . . . .

. . . . . it just means that the project gets extended and we get to wait, with some anticipation, for the next postcard to arrive!

Hope all is well.

Dan

eyesglassy
09-17-2013, 12:16
I've received fifteen cards so far. This round is very good. They're in small frames on the mantle. Family and friends really enjoy the project. Mine will begin to trickle out soon. I can't seem to rush the "inexpensive handmade look". Lame yet true.

seakayaker1
09-18-2013, 17:18
Wednesday afternoon and a joy to come home and find another postcard in the mail box!

Thank you Robert for the beautiful photograph!

. . . . . and the number is now fourteen postcards!

14. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio, Italy

8 Color & 6 B&W

Life is Grand!

Dan

rover
09-18-2013, 18:08
My wife is very impressed by the cards we have received. 16 so far....including mine which were mailed to you today.

seakayaker1
09-20-2013, 18:06
It is Friday evening and after a long day at work is was very nice to arrive home and find another postcard in the mail box!

Thank you Valentino for the beautiful photograph! ( . . . . . and happy new year!)

. . . . . and the number is now fifteen postcards!

15. Valentino (dct) Duernten, Switzerland

9 Color & 6 B&W

Life is Grand!

Dan

dct
09-21-2013, 04:36
Thank you, Dan. Your ships are my entry #15 too :cool:
I should add I received a nice b/w from Thomas [wallace] in Germany (#5 in my list), which you don't mention in your list. This lifts my total to 16 without my own.

Valentino

wallace
09-21-2013, 10:39
I sent off all my cards 2 weeks ago, so I wonder why Dan hasn't received
it yet..., I had printed 30, so I can send another one.....

Thomas

pggunn
09-21-2013, 12:01
I'm sorry I missed round four. A new grandson, surgery for me, and my wife's illness have made this a difficult year, but things are starting to get better, and I hope to participate in round five. I'm also looking forward to seeing your cards when they are posted here on RFF.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply the grandson has made it difficult. He's been the silver lining in the cloud!

I hope all of you are doing well.

rollinade
09-21-2013, 16:39
Received my 17th today, a warm and personal one from rover (congratulations!). Thanks all, this is fun!

sojournerphoto
09-21-2013, 16:41
Mine are finally written and stamped. Will be in the post tomorrow morning. A lovely regular arrival now - I look forward to getting home from work.

rover
09-21-2013, 16:49
Received my 17th today, a warm and personal one from rover (congratulations!). Thanks all, this is fun!

Thank you!!!

I knew what my card was going to be early on. I just needed to wait to let it be real.

seakayaker1
09-21-2013, 16:57
Late Saturday afternoon and returned home from grocery shopping to find postcard number 16 in the mail box!

Thank you Ralph for the lovely photograph! ( . . . . . and congratulations to you & Barbara!)

. . . . . and the number is now seventeen postcards since I added my name to the list!

16. Ralph (rover) Shelton, CT
17. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA

10 Color & 7 B&W

With 17 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 8 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

Thomas, it is not unusual for the postal service to miss-place a postcard. At least that has been my experience here in Seattle. On occasion I will receive a letter for someone else who lives at the same house number and street name but a different section of the city. Seattle has NE, N, NW, E, W, SE, S, SW, and "no" location designation for some of the streets downtown. When I receive someone else's mail I circle the address and leave it with a note for the mailman and hopefully they redirect it to the correct address.

I can only hope that someone else in the city or the world has received your card and found a moment of joy.

If you have an extra and can send it along, I would appreciate it and thank you for the kind offer.

Life is Grand!

Dan

kdemas
09-21-2013, 17:43
Mine are going out Monday. Some great cards thus far.

raid
09-21-2013, 18:12
I have so far fifteen cards, plus mine. Thanks. They all look great.

zauhar
09-21-2013, 18:24
I'm sorry I missed round four. A new grandson, surgery for me, and my wife's illness have made this a difficult year, but things are starting to get better, and I hope to participate in round five. I'm also looking forward to seeing your cards when they are posted here on RFF.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply the grandson has made it difficult. He's been the silver lining in the cloud!

I hope all of you are doing well.

Gregor, sorry for the difficulties your family has been through. Hope the coming year is much better.

Congratulations on your grandson!

Randy

raid
09-21-2013, 19:03
I also wish you, Gregory, a quick recovery from any hardship or challenges.

kxl
09-21-2013, 19:07
Thank you!!!

I knew what my card was going to be early on. I just needed to wait to let it be real.

Yeah, congrats and welcome to the club!!!

kxl
09-21-2013, 19:08
I also wish you, Gregory, a quick recovery from any hardship or challenges.

Gregory - I wish you the very best as well...

ricnak
09-22-2013, 14:59
Greg -I had a stamp left over. There is a card coming your way.

seakayaker1
09-23-2013, 11:45
Greg -I had a stamp left over. There is a card coming your way.

+1

Greg, congratulations on the arrival of your grandson and do hope that you and your wife have a successful recovery from the surgery & illness.

robert blu
09-23-2013, 12:53
Greg, congrats and wishes for quick improving of things from Italy, ciao
robert

seakayaker1
09-24-2013, 18:03
Tuesday evening and returned home from work to find a postcard in the mail box!

Thank you Ming for helping us all in the project to reach a high altitude with you!

. . . . . and the number is now eighteen postcards!

18. Ming (merciless49) San Diego, CA

11 Color & 7 B&W

With 18 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 7 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

Life is Grand!

Dan

sojournerphoto
09-25-2013, 15:53
Mine were posted on Sunday night. Hopefully will arrive soon. Ming's arrived here today.

dct
09-28-2013, 16:43
20 reached (without counting my own), the latest two were together in the mailbox today.

seakayaker1
09-30-2013, 18:07
I did receive two more cards over the weekend.

Thank you Rob and Mike!

. . . . . and the number is now twenty postcards.

19. Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
20. Mike (sojournerphoto), Harrogate, UK

13 Color & 7 B&W ~ Color postcards moving out to almost a 2 to one preference.

With 20 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 5 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

. . . . . keep 'em coming!

Life is Grand!

Dan

raid
09-30-2013, 18:22
I have seventeen cards.
I hope that I will get all in the end.

wallace
10-01-2013, 09:01
Dan, I see that you still have not received my card. So, today I sent another one!

Thomas

seakayaker1
10-01-2013, 13:55
Dan, I see that you still have not received my card. So, today I sent another one!

Thomas

Thanks, it is really appreciated!

sojournerphoto
10-01-2013, 15:53
Dan, you are doing a great job as our collective conscience, as well as keeping track.

I've really enjoyed the round

Thanks (Dan and rob)

Mike

raid
10-01-2013, 17:55
Using Dan's list, I miss my card from Ming and from Keith, both from California. (when compared with Dan).

I have cards from:

Mike (sojournerphoto), Harrogate, UK
Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
Ralph (rover) Shelton, CT
Valentino (dct) Duernten, Switzerland
Don (Don Parsons), St. Peters, MO
Randy (Zauhar) Philadelphia, PA
Randy (randolph45) Sacramento, CA
Dan (crawdiddy), Irving, TX
Adam (rollinade) Cincinatti, OH
Bojan (bojanfurst) St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany
Helen (ricnak) Brookside, Queensland, Australia
Eric (Nebulon), West Fargo, ND
Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
John (jweber3rd) Atlanta, GA
Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio, Italy
Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA

wallace
10-01-2013, 23:14
Raid, I do not see my name on your list. Sent all my cards 4 weeks ago.
Shall I send another one? Is US post so unreliable?

kxl
10-02-2013, 14:06
Using Dan's list, I miss my card from Ming and from Keith, both from California. (when compared with Dan).

I have some extras, so I'll send another one.

robert blu
10-02-2013, 14:11
With today's rbiemer beautiful (as all the other) card I'm up to 20. Great round, I like it!
robert

raid
10-02-2013, 15:48
Raid, I do not see my name on your list. Sent all my cards 4 weeks ago.
Shall I send another one? Is US post so unreliable?

Hi Wallace,
I don't have your card yet.

Raid

raid
10-02-2013, 15:49
I have some extras, so I'll send another one.

Thank you Keith.

bojanfurst
10-03-2013, 13:53
I just want to say that this postcard exchange has been one of the most fun things I've done in a while. Now, you may say that I need to get a life, and you would very likely be right. It wasn't just the pleasure of finding a postcard with a lovely photograph in my mailbox everyday, but it was also about reminding me just how diverse and imaginative photography can be. We all photograph for different reasons and approach photography differently and it was all beautiful. Thank you!

merciless49
10-03-2013, 23:41
Raid, I've addressed another card and will send it out tomorrow. Hopefully you'll receive it!

wallace
10-04-2013, 00:25
Raid, I have sent another card today.
----------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

pggunn
10-05-2013, 08:23
I just wanted to thank you all for your kind words.

Randy, Zauhar
Dan, Seakayaker
Raid
Robert Blu
Helen, Ricnak
KXL

And thank you Dan and Helen again for the cards. They are very much appreciated. It's almost as if the two of you planned this, both being nautical in nature. Dan's photograph of boats and Helen's of a dock.

I can't thank you all enough. I'm getting better every day and hope to get back to photography and RFF soon.

pggunn
10-05-2013, 08:30
Oh, and in lieu of a postcard this round, here's the grandson, mother and grandma:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8422926844_fcc34cd484_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8422926844/)
P1274350 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8422926844/) by pggunn1 (http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Father and grandson:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8421835959_8cae0360a6_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8421835959/)
P1274420 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8421835959/) by pggunn1 (http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/), on Flickr

ricnak
10-05-2013, 13:21
Lovely portraits Greg. Thanks for the update.

raid
10-05-2013, 13:26
Raid, I've addressed another card and will send it out tomorrow. Hopefully you'll receive it!

Thanks a lot. Each card is precious.

raid
10-05-2013, 13:27
Raid, I have sent another card today.
----------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Thanks a lot. It will complete my card collection.

seakayaker1
10-05-2013, 21:38
Arrived home this evening to find two more cards!

Thank you Kent and Thomas!

A special thanks to you Thomas for going above and beyond with sending a second card, it is truly appreciated.

. . . . . and the number is now twenty-two postcards.

21. Kent (kdemas) Hillsborough, CA
22. Thomas (wallace) Meldolf, Germany

14 Color & 8 B&W ~ Color postcards moving out to almost a 2 to one preference.

With 22 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 3 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

Life is Grand!

Dan

kdemas
10-06-2013, 15:54
Mine are all out for delivery. US went out on Wednesday, International today. Sorry about the delay, my Mom has been sick and it's been a "Work/Home" thing for about a month.

Thoroughly enjoying all of the cards, great work everyone.

Kent

raid
10-06-2013, 19:03
I received today a card from Kent.

kdemas
10-07-2013, 12:07
I received today a card from Kent.

Glad it made it to you Raid!

robert blu
10-07-2013, 14:54
Arrived today a beautiful one fromRandy Zauhar !
robert

raid
10-07-2013, 16:57
Glad it made it to you Raid!

Thank you Kent. It looks great.

raid
10-07-2013, 16:57
I received a card from Ming! Thanks.

merciless49
10-07-2013, 17:49
I received a card from Ming! Thanks.

Glad my card made it to you, Raid. I think the first class postage helped :D as I was too lazy to stop by the post office to pick up the proper postage for it.

perzpective
10-08-2013, 01:00
Hey guys,

Due to some unfortunate unseen circumstances, I'm quite late on my postcards. I will be mailing them out at the end of this week, but just want everyone to know I haven't forgot and am still excited to participate. I've loved everyone's cards up to this point and, although extremely late, am looking forward to contributing my card to the collection for everyone.

Thanks for this great project and I hope everyone is patient with my late send-off,
Zack

seakayaker1
10-08-2013, 06:22
Zack, looking forward to receiving your post card.

. . . . . as they say, better late then never!

seakayaker1
10-17-2013, 17:21
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived home this evening to find one more card in the mailbox!

Thank you Joe for that slice of life!

. . . . . and the number is now twenty-three postcards.

23. Joe (eyesglassy) Euclid, OH

14 Color & 9 B&W ~ Color postcards moving out to almost a 2 to one preference.

With 23 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 2 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

Is Zack up next?

Life is Grand!

Dan

raid
10-17-2013, 17:28
I got two more cards.
This exchange is great.

perzpective
10-17-2013, 22:42
Is Zack up next?

Life is Grand!

Dan

Why yes I am! Put my in the mail on Thursday, ideally be there within 1-2 weeks! Hope you guys like it :)

PS Love my collection of cards at the moment. This has been good fun.

Zack

randolph45
10-22-2013, 21:46
Went over Dan's list of 23 cards today and it looks like Joe(Eyessglassy) has gone missing:eek: Must be a Black n White as I only have eight of that persuasion.

rollinade
10-25-2013, 19:49
I got Joe's card yesterday. It's funny, all these postcards came from all over the world with only minimal scratches and scuffs. Joe's card travelled all of 250 miles, from Cleveland to Cincinnati, and it is bent in half, punctured in the middle, and seems to have been partially submerged in water! It's a resilient photo though---its spirit has survived intact. I love this photo.

randolph45
10-25-2013, 20:22
I got Joe's card yesterday. It's funny, all these postcards came from all over the world with only minimal scratches and scuffs. Joe's card travelled all of 250 miles, from Cleveland to Cincinnati, and it is bent in half, punctured in the middle, and seems to have been partially submerged in water! It's a resilient photo though---its spirit has survived intact. I love this photo.

Joe's card arrived today with only small scuff 3/8" in lower right hand corner.
A few cards have damage,but most are vary minor so far.

seakayaker1
10-29-2013, 18:51
The latest postcard has arrived in the mailbox!

Thank you Zack for the coastal view!

. . . . . and the number is now twenty-four postcards.

23. Joe (eyesglassy) Euclid, OH
24. Zack (perzpective) Seoul, South Korea

14 Color & 10 B&W ~ Color postcards to be the preference this round.

With 24 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 1 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

The only card that I could not accounted for was Mark's from Chicago, did anyone else receive a complete set?

Receiving 24 out of 25 is awesome, this round has been a great success!

Thank you Rob for organizing once again!

Life is Grand!

Dan

raid
10-29-2013, 18:53
I also received a card from Zack.

perzpective
10-29-2013, 22:21
I'm curious the condition my card made it in. Can some of you guys please share? I didn't mean to have them printed on such flimsy paper, but unfortunately when you live in a foreign country where you don't fully speak their language, it's not always easy for things to turn out exactly how you want lol.

Thanks again everybody, love my collection of cards.

eyesglassy
10-29-2013, 23:10
Zack, Your card arrived in Ohio in perfect condition. Very interesting shot and info. Thanks.

seakayaker1
10-30-2013, 09:01
I'm curious the condition my card made it in. Can some of you guys please share? I didn't mean to have them printed on such flimsy paper, but unfortunately when you live in a foreign country where you don't fully speak their language, it's not always easy for things to turn out exactly how you want lol.

Thanks again everybody, love my collection of cards.

Zack, your card arrived and the postal system employees must of loved it since it appeared it was handled by a lot of people or a couple of sorting machines had there way with the image.

The important thing is that it arrived and enjoyed the landscape!

eyesglassy
10-30-2013, 09:43
I've received 23 out of 25. This round has been fun!

dct
10-30-2013, 11:34
The latest postcard has arrived in the mailbox!

Thank you Zack for the coastal view!

. . . . . and the number is now twenty-four postcards.
[...]
14 Color & 10 B&W ~ Color postcards to be the preference this round.

With 24 postcards accounted for there is the chance for 1 more to still arrive! This has been a great round, love the Photographs.

The only card that I could not accounted for was Mark's from Chicago, did anyone else receive a complete set?

Receiving 24 out of 25 is awesome, this round has been a great success!

Thank you Rob for organizing once again!

Life is Grand!

Dan

+1 Dan.
I got all the mentioned cards too, just Mark's one missing. And I couldn't believe how well Zack's card made the long travel from Korea to Europe: In perfect shape!

It was again a very exciting project. I'm looking forward to the beginning of the photo posts and related stories.

rbiemer
11-01-2013, 07:11
I apologize for being a bit absent lately.
Between the end of the season at my job and some family stuff, I've not had much free time.
The family stuff is sorted and, until January anyway, work is much easier.
So,
I have received a bunch of beautiful postcards, thank you all!
I suspect that Zack's card is waiting in my mail box in Raquette Lake. While I am home for the next two months.:bang:
So, how about this: today is 1 November and I propose that we all wait another week before starting to post our photos and what ever thoughts we have to share about them.
I think this round has been the best--so far!--in terms of the turn out, thanks to your enthusiasm, folks.
Well done!

I think Stephen was happily surprised to get postcards and I hope that randolph45's person was happy to get the random postcards as well.

Round 5 after the new year, hope we can do as well!

Warm regards,
Rob

seakayaker1
11-01-2013, 08:23
Thanks Rob for the update. Look forward to next week for everyone to post a copy of their postcard and tell their story.

. . . . . also looking forward to RFF Post Card project # 5!

sojournerphoto
11-01-2013, 15:50
Thanks Rob for the update. Look forward to next week for everyone to post a copy of their postcard and tell their story.

. . . . . also looking forward to RFF Post Card project # 5!

I agree. Looking forward and thanks Rob

Mike

bojanfurst
11-01-2013, 16:19
22 Altogether here on the Rock. Given Canada Post record in Newfoundland, that's not so bad at all. I got:

11. Raid (raid) Pensacola, FL
12. Randy (randolph45) Sacramento, CA
13. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio, Italy
14. Valentino (dct) Duernten, Switzerland
15. Ralph (rover) Shelton, CT
16. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA
17. Ming (merciless49) San Diego, CA
18. Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
19. Mike (sojournerphoto), Harrogate, UK
20. Kent (kdemas) Hillsborough, CA
21. Thomas (wallace) Meldolf, Germany
22. Joe (eyesglassy) Euclid, OH

Zack is missing, but there is still time for that one to arrive!

Wonderful experience and great fun.

Thank you all.

randolph45
11-01-2013, 20:55
I was hoping Zacks card would have shown up by now .It seems to be A.W.O.L. :(

krötenblender
11-02-2013, 05:50
I'm now at 23 postcards, so if I'm lucky, I get a few more. After coming back home (three weeks in Japan, taking the pictures for the next round…), I had a bunch of postcards on my desk. That was a nice welcome back. Thanks to all for sending these nice postcards.

kxl
11-02-2013, 06:00
I also received a card from Zack.

Raid - did you ever receive my postcard? I mailed a second one 3 weeks ago before I left for my trip (flying home tonight). If you haven't, let me know. I think I have an extra one.

Keith

bojanfurst
11-07-2013, 05:01
Got a card from Zack in a pristine condition! Well done postal workers everywhere.

raid
11-07-2013, 05:07
Raid - did you ever receive my postcard? I mailed a second one 3 weeks ago before I left for my trip (flying home tonight). If you haven't, let me know. I think I have an extra one.

Keith

Thanks for sending m the card, Keith. I thought that I had posted about it, but I must have forgotten. :bang:

bojanfurst
11-11-2013, 09:54
This is my first round ever and it has been fantastic. I am not sure about the rules. Are we now supposed t post the photographs we sent?

Cheers

Bojan

rover
11-11-2013, 10:07
Sure, I will start.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/9527802676_ea77acfc1a_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roversworld/9527802676/)
Untitled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roversworld/9527802676/) by rmeliso (http://www.flickr.com/people/roversworld/), on Flickr

sent with the note, Guess what I did this Summer...

raid
11-11-2013, 10:14
I am next:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3565/med_U3565I1377353573.SEQ.0.jpg

Sunset and rainbow at the beach, after a rainy day.

robert blu
11-11-2013, 10:48
This is my one, taken with a Leica x1. iso=100 - f=8 - 1/160 sec - 24mm on aps-c lens (36 equivalent)

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3692/U3692I1384195206.SEQ.0.jpg

It's part of a project where I compare the landscape of the "old and slow" farmer world against the fast (and furious?) modern industrial world. All photos are taken by a car in movement and (should) include part of the road or motorway. Still on going. When I drive my wife take the photo, or viceversa.

It was nice to take part in the project, I received many nice cards. I enjoyed it!
robert

dct
11-11-2013, 11:14
Mine was taken during my latest trip to Italy. I found the empty streets somewhat boring. It was around 1130 pm just before new year 2013.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/41720/med_U41720I1384196796.SEQ.0.jpg (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/showphoto.php?photoid=219051&showall)

(Half an hour later the streets were full of people congratulating each other)

bojanfurst
11-11-2013, 11:16
I loved the cards as well. This was my contribution. I am just about to finish my MA thesis in geography on small islands and this photograph was made on one of the research trips on Fogo island off the northeast coast of the main island of Newfoundland in Notre Dame Bay. Fogo Island has a population of around 2700 people and fishing remains the dominant industry, although the islanders are making some interesting inroads in the world of high-end tourism - one of the fascinating still unfolding stories there. As a researcher, I did not have an ethics clearance that would allow me to photograph people and I felt it was a bit disingenuous to ask folks to accept that I can change from a researcher into a photographer at a drop of a hat, so I turned myself into a landscape photographer which is quite a departure from my previous photojournalism life. Anyways, the photograph was made on a blustery February day in 2012 with a Nikon FM2 and a 20mm lens on Tri-X and I believe developed in D76.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7136/7644083854_103532bf82_o.jpg

kxl
11-11-2013, 11:34
Mine... I was reading about the unrest in Cairo when I selected this photo, and I was feeling a little nostalgic. Captured this on our trip to Egypt a few years ago. We had hired this boy's father to take us on a cruise of the Nile on his fellukah.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/23043/med_U23043I1384198257.SEQ.0.jpg

rbiemer
11-12-2013, 06:06
As in the previous rounds, I have an excellent collection of postcards from every one. Thank you all!
It did seem to be more color work than the earlier rounds.
I had a few BW candidates for the card I sent but wasn't really happy with any of them and ended up choosing the color photo you all got in the mail:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3763/10819046075_f2eb27d03f_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_biemer/10819046075/)
eyeemfiltered1373577188715 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_biemer/10819046075/) by rbiemer (http://www.flickr.com/people/rob_biemer/), on Flickr

I cropped this to fit a 4 x 6 card.
I have to admit, I used the camera in my cell phone for this. These are (I think) dandelions growing between the boards of my porch and the day I noticed them, I was in a bit of a hurry and intended to come back with a better camera and some Ektar and shoot them again. Over the course of the day something ate them--probably one of the many Deer that wander through my yard--so I have only this.

Again, I appreciate all of the time, effort, and enthusiasm you have each given to this project!

So, let's see some more, folks!

Warm regards,
Rob
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob_biemer/10819046075/

rwintle
11-12-2013, 06:20
I am enjoying seeing these and "vicariously" participating. Perhaps if you are kind enough to organize a round 5 one day I will join in. :)

This might be the most fun topic I've encountered on RFF so far. :D

rbiemer
11-12-2013, 06:38
Happy you're enjoying these!
I will be doing part 5 shortly after the New Year so please do join in.
Rob
I am enjoying seeing these and "vicariously" participating. Perhaps if you are kind enough to organize a round 5 one day I will join in. :)

This might be the most fun topic I've encountered on RFF so far. :D

motion_runner
11-12-2013, 08:14
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/motion_runner/130717_13_web_zps9ffbb0df.jpg

We visited Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, this summer. Olympus OM1, Zuiko 85/2, on Provia 100.

I hope everybody got my card. I received 23 altogether. Thank you all for participating.

merciless49
11-12-2013, 13:40
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/9528607664_1abf8c782e_z.jpg

This was taken at approximately 11,000 ft on the Mt. Whitney trail when my co-workers, friends, SO, and I hiked the Whitney trail. We started from Whitney portal and hiked up to base camp, just in time for the sunrise. This was taken at the 99-switchbacks portion. I rather liked how this picture (and others from this hike) turned out. Taken using the Panasonic GF1 with kit zoom at 28mm equiv. along with an ND-4 filter attached.

For more info on Mt. Whitney, which is a hike I highly suggest, see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Whitney). For the rest of my Flickr set on these, check here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ming_y_lee/sets/72157635106321002/). I'm looking forward to round 5!

rollinade
11-12-2013, 14:34
http://i41.tinypic.com/25tulhy.jpg

This was taken at a machine gun demonstration near Portsmouth, Ohio this summer. It was quite a spectacle, a bunch of serious gun enthusiasts going all "Rambo" on explosive-laced junked cars and appliances. Even with the mandatory earplugs, it was LOUD.

randolph45
11-12-2013, 15:17
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5321/10014904926_9d13271878_z.jpghttp://farm6.staticflickr.com/5321/10014904926_9d13271878_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7424/10014969413_62afacee59_z.jpg (http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5321/10014904926_9d13271878_z.jpg)

randolph45
11-12-2013, 15:34
OK This was my first roll with a Canon 7s.
The top photo was what I sent out.
The bottom shot is full frame so you can see the shutter problem.
Canon 7s , Canon 28mm 2.8 shot on Kodak BW400CN F11 @250
The shot is old K st in downtown Sacramento ,Ca on a slow Saturday Morning stroll with other RFF'ers.

ricnak
11-12-2013, 15:46
Here is mine...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/10827237016_26d977dafa_c.jpg

Taken with an M9 and 21mm at Lord Howe Island in January this year. I chose colour just because I never choose colour but I liked the b/w version better.

I received 23 postcards all up. The last one was yesterday from Zack. Interesting images and nice stories all around. Thanks to all that got involved and big thanks to Rob for keeping the postcard project going.
Cheers
Helen

eyesglassy
11-14-2013, 00:24
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/41771/med_U41771I1384363094.SEQ.0.jpgHere's mine. It's from a eating contest at a Cleveland bar. These guys were putting the pizza away, to say the least. There were about twenty contestants. The guy on the left was the winner. I used a VC 25/4 color skopar. Probably my favorite lens. The film was BW400CN just because I had a bunch of it from my local Walgreens. They processed it too. I love the Postcard Projects and thanks to everyone involved. Big thanks to Rob of course. I made more if anyone didn't receive mine. Thanks again, Joe

marcr1230
02-11-2014, 19:40
I am the caboose - bringing up the rear, the postcards have been ordered.
Sorry for the delay - I had writer's block - photographer's edition

marcr1230
02-22-2014, 09:35
OK - postcards in the mail

: begin rant against the physical world :
1. print out the first set, receive in the mail, it's what you asked for, but the cropping in not ideal. let's do this again, not that anyone will notice or care, but I will. let's try to get the original cropped image (3:2) fully on the postcard
1. You can find services to print 6x4 inch postcards, as long as you need 500+,
Moo lists postcard size as 148x105mm (3:2.12 ) or 1795x1287 pixels (3:2.15).
So if you've worked your photo to a more common size like, OMG, 3:2 you have to
re-crop. Then - you have to wonder what the "safe-area" really means, if the edges of your photo are important to the image - will they be inside or outside the cut ? can't control that though, other than warnings from the moo-bot... So I crop and add an upper and lower border so I can fit a 3:2 image...
2. So you get your cards, and then address them, take them to the post office to buy international stamps. you wait in the post office, and wait, while only one window is open, and 5 people are in line and 5 people are slowly working in back, never thinking "Our customers are waiting while we ignore them...". Then , you get to the counter , ask for the stamps, and the only ones they have are round stamps, twice the size of normal, and will cover the address on the pre-addressed cards. Well, you could go with 4 "normal" sized stamps per card, but that won't fit either. so I make do.
: end rant :

Enjoy the cards - I enjoyed all of yours.

seakayaker1
02-22-2014, 09:41
Look forward to receiving your postcard!

Thanks!

ampguy
02-22-2014, 12:53
First time I ever had an aspect ratio with costco online, and local pickup with photos, they've even printed half frame correctly on their Noritsus.

Last holiday season though, I made our own holiday cards with text and lettering, with the whole image 3:2. When we picked them up, daughters head was cut off, and most of the text on bottom of image.

Somehow their printers seemed to have gotten faked out by the lettering and enabled cropping inwards.

Or they just really didn't like DIY'ers making their own photo cards ;)

OK - postcards in the mail

: begin rant against the physical world :
1. print out the first set, receive in the mail, it's what you asked for, but the cropping in not ideal. let's do this again, not that anyone will notice or care, but I will. let's try to get the original cropped image (3:2) fully on the postcard
1. You can find services to print 6x4 inch postcards, as long as you need 500+,
Moo lists postcard size as 148x105mm (3:2.12 ) or 1795x1287 pixels (3:2.15).
So if you've worked your photo to a more common size like, OMG, 3:2 you have to
re-crop. Then - you have to wonder what the "safe-area" really means, if the edges of your photo are important to the image - will they be inside or outside the cut ? can't control that though, other than warnings from the moo-bot... So I crop and add an upper and lower border so I can fit a 3:2 image...
2. So you get your cards, and then address them, take them to the post office to buy international stamps. you wait in the post office, and wait, while only one window is open, and 5 people are in line and 5 people are slowly working in back, never thinking "Our customers are waiting while we ignore them...". Then , you get to the counter , ask for the stamps, and the only ones they have are round stamps, twice the size of normal, and will cover the address on the pre-addressed cards. Well, you could go with 4 "normal" sized stamps per card, but that won't fit either. so I make do.
: end rant :

Enjoy the cards - I enjoyed all of yours.

eyesglassy
02-24-2014, 07:30
Marc's card just hit my mailbox. Wow. I don't want to spoil anything, but I can say it's great! Thanks.

marcr1230
03-01-2014, 09:25
Ok - time to put a bookend on this project.
The postcards have been in the mail for a week
Here's mine - it is a photo of the Cloudgate (The Bean) sculpture in Millennium Park - Chicago.
It was take Feb 1, 2014. It had just stopped snowing, the snowplow was doing circles around the base of the scuplture, tourists were out, it's kind of a fascinating place, like the distorted carnival mirrors - everyone likes to look at the reflections and distortions.
A guy came by with a "Fat Bike" and leaned it up against the Bean. The people (including me) in the reflections are just outside/behind the camera view, to me it makes the Bean look like a Snow Globe with figures inside.

I was experimenting with HDR - this is actually my first HDR image. It was created by merging 3 RAW versions of the same image at 0, +/- 2EV and then tweaking a bit to taste.

I has this printed up as a 16x24, on aluminum. It came out nicely.

Thanks for playing RFF Postcard Swap - apologies for the delay in sending out mine

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5538/12254792555_95fd6a9197_b.jpg

rbiemer
03-01-2014, 09:56
A very good photo to finish this round with! Well worth the wait.
Right now I am closing the camp I cook at for the season--just about 20 meals to go 'til we're done until Mat.
Which means that I am a bit busier than usual.
So, part 5 will be starting in a couple of weeks!
Watch this thread and I will start a new thread once I am ready to go for #5.
As ever, thank you all very much for making this such a fun project!
Warm regards,
Rob

rbiemer
06-17-2014, 08:23
OK, all, I forgot that I said I would post in this thread about starting round 5.
Which I have done.
SO, if you haven't seen that thread, here it is:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142345

I will be collecting addresses for a few more days--until 21 June--so if you want to play, please join us! We are at 24 or 25 as of now and I'm hoping for a few more folks to join in.

Warm regards,
Rob