PDA

View Full Version : The Decisive Challenge Is ON! Shoot today and/or tomorrow.

kdemas
12-15-2012, 07:35
Go forth and take pictures everyone! You may take images for submission today and/or tomorrow, Dec 15th and 16th.

Have a great time out and about your local town or city.

For details on the Challenge see the main thread here:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=126033http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=126033

gb hill
12-15-2012, 07:41
I'll be heading out soon with my bessa R in hand.:)

varchs
12-15-2012, 09:21
DayOne just ended for me, my EOS 3 and a Rollei Retro @800... as it is already night here in Greece.
Good luck to all competitors from overseas!!! and night shooters!!! ;-)

kxl
12-15-2012, 09:46
Thanks for the reminder...

back alley
12-15-2012, 10:11
just got back...no great art was produced...

kdemas
12-16-2012, 07:06
One more day to create an image for submission. Even if it's not "great art" do your best and share your part of the world with everyone!

Personally I need day #2 as I'm not sure I captured that one special shot yesterday. Heading out in about an hour.

Happy Snapping everyone, have fun!

Godfrey
12-16-2012, 07:10
Thanks for the extension ...

Of course, if I use a film camera, it'll be a few days or more until I have negatives to scan and show.

kdemas
12-16-2012, 07:19
Thanks for the extension ...

Of course, if I use a film camera, it'll be a few days or more until I have negatives to scan and show.

You actually have until January 10th to process and upload your image.

Once you make your choice do not post it anywhere, this contest is meant to be anonymous as it mentions in the rules. Instead simply post it via the small form located at:
http://www.decisivechallenge.com/p/enter-decisive-challenge.htmlhttp://www.decisivechallenge.com/p/enter-decisive-challenge.html

So glad you could take part!

Kent

kennylovrin
12-16-2012, 07:30
Just to share a little story regarding this..

Yesterday I forgot about the challenge so I missed one day, then today I had some other things to do, but I quickly took a trip and shot a single roll of film. I actually came back quite happy, thinking there was probably something I could submit to the challenge.

I had to shoot the ISO100 at 200 because it's so short days here up north at the moment, and when I got home it was already pitch black outside.

So I just set up to develop the film, mixing my liquids and what not. I tried to be extra caerful with the temperatures etc because the whole point was to get something I could submit.

So I take my tank loaded with my film, the measuring glass with the developer in the other hand, and then I get a brain freeze and pull the inner top of the tank off, exposing the whole roll to light.

So yeah, I guess I won't be participating. ;)

kdemas
12-16-2012, 08:29
Ouch! Any of us who shoot film or develop it ourselves have pulled a similar trick, you're not alone.

Thanks for giving it a shot though and I look forward to seeing your entry in the next Challenge!

Kent

Yesterday I forgot about the challenge so I missed one day, then today I had some other things to do, but I quickly took a trip and shot a single roll of film. I actually came back quite happy, thinking there was probably something I could submit to the challenge.

I had to shoot the ISO100 at 200 because it's so short days here up north at the moment, and when I got home it was already pitch black outside.

So I just set up to develop the film, mixing my liquids and what not. I tried to be extra caerful with the temperatures etc because the whole point was to get something I could submit.

So I take my tank loaded with my film, the measuring glass with the developer in the other hand, and then I get a brain freeze and pull the inner top of the tank off, exposing the whole roll to light.

icebear
12-16-2012, 08:50
Go forth and take pictures everyone! You may take images for submission today and/or tomorrow, Dec 15th and 16th.

Have a great time out and about your local town or city.

Hi Kent,

I had a challenging day shooting yesterday. It's raining today and I have to pick someone up form the airport, so no time to shoot anyway.
I hope that there are a couple of nice shots amoung the stuff I caprtured yesterday
- not great art that's for sure ;) but hopefully there is a single shot for submission in our Decisive Challenge.

varchs
12-16-2012, 09:08
I am done shooting my 2nd challenge day... with a second Retro400 @800
Good luck to everyone! Thank you Kent for shaking us and giving us a stimuli to go out and shoot!!!

p.s. tomorrow development day... ;-) lets see what's in there...

jcrutcher
12-16-2012, 09:09
Yesterday was a big flop, it has been raining for 2 days here in Phoenix. I tried at the salvation army bucket outside a wall mart (I was the Rotarian volunteer ringing the bell) with my M8 but couldn't get any good shots of kids putting money in the bucket. Today will be better, sunny and cold and I'll have a M7 loaded with Tri-x 35mm Lux. Hope to make it happen today!

Jim

brainwood
12-16-2012, 09:17
Got something but also got a stinking cold

Chris

gb hill
12-16-2012, 09:38
No great art for me yesterday either. I thought I had a good shot of a couple holding hands & sure enough as soon as I focused & tripped the shutter they had let go. I hope today might produce something worthy to upload.

ferider
12-16-2012, 10:57
Film is in the tank as we speak ....

Kent, can I submit that shot of you ice-skating in the rain yesterday ?

kdemas
12-16-2012, 12:02
Film is in the tank as we speak ....

Kent, can I submit that shot of you ice-skating in the rain yesterday ?

I'm not sure the world is ready for that image of grace and power ;)

Nescio
12-16-2012, 13:03

Well, I didn't see the challenge before yesterday either and as we in Europe are ahead on the clock, saturday was lost already. But today, while having lunch, there was a lot of noise in my very street in the old town of Barcelona. Firecrackers, singing, speeches and all. It turned out to be that the peruvian community was taking out their - very small - Virgin of the Entrance for their annual procession.

So I said, what the heck, this year I'm gonna win this challenge! Left my lunch unfinished and after a quick thought (will I take my DSLR, no, it's RFF...) I took my loaded M7 with the counter on 4 or something. As the sun is low and the streets are narrow, the light was not all that good, so I walked around a bit to take some snaps and see what could be of interest. Then I took position on the left side of their way, as most of the time they were walking backwards, in a place where the light was good and waited till the women dancers, the singers, the women with smoking incense pots, the virgin carriers, the musicians with their score pinched on the tuxedos of the ones before them with cloth pegs would pass by... I made lots of potentially good shots, the ones that make you think that at least five will come out really nice, although the streets were very crowded. Strong jawbones, strong eyes full of passion and everyone very cooperative, looking into the camera.

Then, when the procession was about to go back into the church, I found that there were only a few shots left. Let's finish that roll... So I snapped away till 35, 36, 37... something cold ran through my spine... the return knob didn't turn round either... 38, 39, 40... I bloody missed the whole procession!

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in perhaps 13 years of Leica M ownership. Not much perhaps, but waaaaaaayyyyyy too often. And never with the M2 that supposedly is more difficult to load...

What's even worse, I promised to one of the musicians to send him the photo's... So I'll have to confess I'm just a lousy photographer....

So Kenny, no, you're not alone. Perhaps next year a new cathegory should be included for the most stupid aficionado. Hopefully we won't win that one, but for this year we'd be both high on the list!

Nescio

MikeDimit
12-20-2012, 02:45
I spent wonderful day out. It was cold, rainy for an hour, foggy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Here comes the time to choose ...and that would be difficult :-))