PDA

View Full Version : Rff Postcard Project 3!

Pages : [1] 2

rbiemer
11-11-2012, 10:55
Sorry I'm a bit late with this but let us start part THREE!...

As I have done in the past, what I am proposing is to organize a RFF postcard project.

Which means that I will collect peoples' snail mail addresses then distribute those addresses to all of us and we each then mail every one else a postcard. I will not use those addresses for anything other than this project and will not share them with anyone other than those of us who are in the project.

More specifically, that means that we each will make x number of postcards with the same photo on it to send out to all the other folks participating. Each of us will choose our own photo to make into a postcard and there are no restrictions about subject matter or gear used. Nudity may be an exception to that; I don't find it an issue but the various postal services may.

Some house keeping types of concerns that we need to figure out:

In the previous two projects we had an excellent turn out and I see no reason why that won't continue. The first one had, I think, 36 players and the second was 58 or so. Which does lead to this:
At some number this will become a chore rather than a fun thing to do.

And I know that the cost of this is a concern for some of us.
Both part one and part two cost me about the same $, even with the increase of participants. I printed my own cards for the first one and had Moo print may cards for the second one. I expect to use Moo again this time.

Last time, I limited the numbers only by the cut off date and that worked out fairly well. If this round proves to be more popular there may be many more folks who want to play.
I truly do not want to exclude any one but we do need to keep this fun. So,we need some options to deal with that, if necessary :

I see a couple of choices: One is to simply limit the number of people to some arbitrary number--this is NOT what I prefer but it might be necessary.

Another would be for me to organize two lists of people and then each of you could opt for one or both lists as your resources dictate. If that is what we do, I will do my best so that each list is as balanced between local and international (to the senders) addresses as I can.

Any ideas about how to deal with this are very appreciated, folks!

I have created an email address especially for this project so I can keep everyones' emails in one place and hopefully avoid the hiccups with missed addresses like I had last time. Once we get things sorted/settled that email address will be how I generate the mailing list.

I am figuring to collect addresses from once we settle the above concerns until 1 January 2013, then send the list out Friday or Saturday that week. Then we each should plan on mailing starting 2 February. This should give us all enough time to get through the holiday season and the associated obligations before we have to deal with the project.

Let the discussions begin!

Rob

EDIT: SEE POST #46 IN THIS THREAD TO GET THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE!

Don Parsons
11-11-2012, 11:03
I'm for whatever you chose. Count me in!

don

jcrutcher
11-11-2012, 11:03
I'm in for round 3. I'm good for as many as you and the group decide on. I also may want to send 2 to reach participant since I can't decide between 2 photo's. I've ordered both from Moo and will decide once they arrive. Thank you again Rob for organizing this.

Jim

kxl
11-11-2012, 11:06
Hi Rob - first of all, thank you for organizing the first two and now the third. For this third, I'd say take a 2-step approach.

1) Set a cut off date so you can see how many people sign up.

2) Depending on the the number of people who sign up by the cut-off date, then you can determine whether to just have one pool or split off into 2 groups.

Lastly, I'm in. ... and for those who plan to use Avery labels, I plan to use the MS Word template again, so let me know if you'd like me to email the completed template to you.

Thanks again.

zauhar
11-11-2012, 11:12
Rob, I am in again, will mail my address to you separately.

Each time we did this , I got more efficient at printing - I am not afraid!

Randy

raid
11-11-2012, 11:14
Maybe we can have Set 1 for participants 1-30 and Set 2 for 31-60 and so on. This way, the ost stays controlled for thirty post cards.

In the end, we can share all sixty images here.

hteasley
11-11-2012, 11:35
I'm up for however many participants there are. If you want to divide things into groups, I'll happily be in each group.

pggunn
11-11-2012, 12:11
I've been absent from the forum for several months now due to my wife's health, but things are looking better now. It seems I checked in right on time for RFF Postcard 3!

Hi Rob, thanks for organizing this - all three projects.

I'm in.

And btw, Keith and Raid's suggestions seem like good ideas to me.

jippiejee
11-11-2012, 12:33
I'll be happy to participate again. In the other thread there was this suggestion of a 'theme' to the photos, like 'My town'. It'd would be an interesting new twist to the project which I'd like. It's also in the spirit of "postcards" I'd think. But any way, sign me up for round three. I don't mind the numbers.

kennylovrin
11-11-2012, 12:42
Sounds like fun, I'm in. I think I'm fine with whatever number of participants, unless we're going to be hundreds. ;)

merciless49
11-11-2012, 12:44
Sign me up for round 3! I'm good with however many participants for this round.

marcr1230
11-11-2012, 12:57
I'm in again !

kdemas
11-11-2012, 12:58
I'm in, lived being a part of the last one.

Suggestion... If the count goes over 60 why don't we fix the number at that and send each person a random list of addresses. Just an idea :)

floyd
11-11-2012, 13:01
Hi Rob please sign me up for project 3. I'm happy to go along with either idea regarding numbers

Jamie Pillers
11-11-2012, 13:17
Hi Rob,
I'd love to join in again. I like someone above's suggestion for a theme, and Kent's idea for letting any number of people join in, with some sort of random list of say 50 names given to each participant.
Cheers,
Jamie

randolph45
11-11-2012, 13:30
Rob
I'm ready for part three.Count me in again:)
Thanks again for setting this up.
Sixty was a good number for me,but more is also OK:)

krötenblender
11-11-2012, 13:37
Hello Rob,

I'm in again. And my offer stands to create an Address-Mixer-Script (see this post (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1967480&postcount=842)), if the number goes too high. It would also be not a problem to mix the addresses under certain aspect, like max number of foreign addresses for everyone (so you don't get all postcards from your neighborhood...).

Whatever you choose to do: Thanks for organizing!

ncc1701
11-11-2012, 14:16
I'll join in this time. I do like the "My Town" idea.
60 sounds like a good number.

Joosep
11-11-2012, 14:25
Would love to be apart of this !
Where do I sign ?

lynnb
11-11-2012, 15:15
The last one was lots of fun, but postage from Australia was expensive. Does anyone know of any company that will print postcards in the US and mail direct, at US local postage rates?

rover
11-11-2012, 17:26
Me too. Count me in again.

v_roma
11-11-2012, 17:42
Never got a chance to participate before. Count me in, please!

EDIT: I like the idea of two lists if it ends up being 60+ participants.

EDIT 2: kdemas idea above is even better.

cjm
11-11-2012, 19:15
I'm in again!

raid
11-11-2012, 19:28
I'm in, lived being a part of the last one.

Suggestion... If the count goes over 60 why don't we fix the number at that and send each person a random list of addresses. Just an idea :)

We can fix it at 50-60 to reduce cost with a certain percentage of overseas cases. Good idea.

rhl-oregon
11-11-2012, 20:04
Happy to rejoin part 3.

astro8
11-11-2012, 20:24
The last one was lots of fun, but postage from Australia was expensive. Does anyone know of any company that will print postcards in the US and mail direct, at US local postage rates?

Yes, I'd like to know too...last postage bill had me living on beans for a month!

Just joking but I remember it being around the $100 mark.

It was an interesting, fun and sharing experience...so count me in! :)

kxl
11-11-2012, 20:51
Yes, I'd like to know too...last postage bill had me living on beans for a month!

I've never tried them so I cannot vouch for them, but they do have direct fulfillment services. Might be worth a look-see.

http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=mailing_services

pggunn
11-11-2012, 21:32
I've never tried them so I cannot vouch for them, but they do have direct fulfillment services. Might be worth a look-see.

http://www.overnightprints.com/main.php?A=mailing_services

I used Overnight Prints for the previous two postcard projects. They also do my business cards and brochures, etc. I think the quality and service are excellent, but you can judge the quality for yourself if you got my cards. :)

kxl
11-11-2012, 21:42
I used Overnight Prints for the previous two postcard projects. They also do my business cards and brochures, etc. I think the quality and service are excellent, but you can judge the quality for yourself if you got my cards. :)

Looking at one of them right now (Greensboro Christmas Parade). Nice matte print on good sturdy card stock. Based this this, Overnight Prints seems like a good option. :)

drewbarb
11-11-2012, 21:53
I sat out round two, but I'd like to get in again for the third.

RomanV
11-11-2012, 22:40
Hi gents,

This time i want to join :)

jesse1dog
11-12-2012, 02:53
Rob, thanks for organising this exchange again.
I'm in.
- although most of the cards I received in Round 2 were damaged in the post. Postage costs are always going to be an issue for some - internal US seem to be a bargain.
60 seems to be a reasonable maximum number.
Local views seem an appropriate subject for cards.

I thought this Round might be running now so have my cards ready to be addressed! Nothing like being ahead of myself - very unusual!

jesse

robert blu
11-12-2012, 03:05
Thanks Rob for organizing it again, I would like to be in. Up to around 50 is ok for me.
ciao, robert

MartinP
11-12-2012, 04:37
I'd like to take part this time !
:)

sojournerphoto
11-12-2012, 04:55
Hi Rob

Thanks for tackling this again. I'd like to sign up for this one too.

I think two lists is a good plan if numbers go over 50 or 60. Everyone sends to the people on their own list and can choose to send to the other list if they wish. I think quite a few of us would send to both lists in practice.

I like John's idea of local views,although perhaps just local. On the other hand, I'm always happy to see other peoples work.

Mike

eyesglassy
11-12-2012, 05:33
Round 2 was great! I'd like to do it again.

brainwood
11-12-2012, 23:28
Round 2 was fun but at 60 cards it turned out a bit pricey. Including the cards from Moo and postage I spend around Ł100 which is too much for me to spend again in the run up to Christmas. I think two groups limited to 30 would be more realistic

Chris

jpa66
11-13-2012, 16:45
I'm in! After seeing ( and discussing ) the cards with a participant from the last one, I'm jazzed!

Jan

raid
11-13-2012, 16:50
If sixty cards was too costly for some people, then I have no problems to have 1-40 plus 41-80 as two groups. If you want to, take one group or take two groups. It will be fun either way

seakayaker1
11-13-2012, 19:35
Rob, please add me to the list for round 3! The first two rounds were a lot of fun and still enjoy picking up and going through the postcards I received.

We ended up with about sixty last time and that worked out OK for me.

Would not want any one to be excluded so breaking up into two smaller groups would work. Perhaps there could be an option for some who would like to participate in more then one group. I would not mind creating a second set of cards for any members who would be listed in both groups so there would be no doubles.

Just a thought, I do enjoy receiving the cards from as many of the members who would like to participate.

Thanks once again for stepping into the breach and starting up round three!

Life is Grand!

Dan

ricnak
11-14-2012, 03:28
I'm in for round 3!

Have been bogged down in family dilemma for the last months. Looking forward to getting lost in postcard land again.

Cheers

h.

ps. Aussies unite to save on postage. Sending pm to lynnb and astro8 to go over the options. Any other aussies wanting to join in for round 3 and reduced postage rates - pm me.

Papercut
11-15-2012, 03:21
I'm in -- no matter how many participants we get. (if it goes over 60 and we split, I'm happy to be in both groups.)

It'll be a nice distraction from grading poorly written papers! :D

rbiemer
11-16-2012, 07:07
Lots of good response both in this thread and in PM and emails, thanks folks!

So. What I am going to do is this:
The email address we will be using for this round is below and I really need anyone who wants to play to use that address, please!
I want to have every ones' info in one spot. Those of you who have already sent me your info, please resend it to the email address below.

I am not going to limit the total number except by the cut off date.
Which is 1 January 2013. I will send you all the addresses by Friday or Saturday that week. We should all plan on mailing starting on Feb 2.

As to the numbers, what I think makes sense and seems to be the consensus is that if we go over 50 or 60 people, then I will divide the total into smaller lists. I will make those as evenly split between local and international addresses as I can.
I will aim to have each of those smaller lists around 30 to 40 people, I think, but the actual number may be different depending on the total turn out. I will update the total in this thread as we go.

And, I remain unconvinced we need a theme for subject matter.

If you want to participate in RFF Postcard Project Part 3 please send:
Your mailing address.
your RFF user name.
IF you have a max number of cards you can send and what that number is.(this is for my use in organizing the lists and won't be shared with anyone else)Send this info to:

rffpostcard3<at>gmail<dot>com

Thank you all for playing!

Rob

jtm6
11-16-2012, 20:53
It'll be a nice distraction from grading poorly written papers! :D

wot r u tlkng abt?

kxl
11-16-2012, 21:22
Thanks Rob - I'm also unconvinced that a theme is necessary. The first two projects were huge successes without themes, and if it ain't broke...

My info is on its way...

rbiemer
11-19-2012, 13:40
As of this afternoon (19 November) we are at 15 people, including me.

I have got a few more folks that sent their info to my own email and PM-ed me. If you folks would please resend your info to:

I would very much appreciate it as that will simplify send you the mailing list(s)!

Thanks, all!
Rob

Don Parsons
11-19-2012, 18:21
Rob,
Could you post a message with those who've signed up. I Just want to make sure I"m in. :-)

don

nikon_sam
11-21-2012, 08:23
Decided that I need to participate in an RFF event somehow...sooooo this is it...
I'm In...
Will send info ASAP...
Plus I bought a box of Ilford Postcard paper yesterday just for this...Thanks

Don Parsons
11-24-2012, 06:12
A bump for this extremely fun project involving RFF members all around the world. Be a part of something special!

dct
11-24-2012, 13:00
[...]
Would not want any one to be excluded so breaking up into two smaller groups would work. Perhaps there could be an option for some who would like to participate in more then one group. I would not mind creating a second set of cards for any members who would be listed in both groups so there would be no doubles.

Just a thought, I do enjoy receiving the cards from as many of the members who would like to participate.
[...]

I concur registering for different lists, if required, just to get as many cards we will have participants. Count me in again. Just sent you an address confirmation email.

kdemas
11-24-2012, 13:03
Moo is currently offering a 30% off deal (if memory serves me right).

rbiemer
11-28-2012, 18:11
A quick update: we are around 30 people as of today 28 November.
Excellent, folks.
Just a bit more than a month to go before I stop gathering names and addresses and I'm staring to consider what I'm going to shoot for this one...Have used two BW photos of the lake where I live and work most of the year and am not sure if I want to continue that theme or if I want to do something different.
Well, I have time to shoot some with the postcard in mind as the end result and time to shoot as I generally do and see if any of those work well as a postcard.

Thanks again y'all for embracing this project and participating!
Rob

rbiemer
12-13-2012, 03:27
Not much to update; the last email I got to join in was a while ago and our number is holding steady at around 30.

Folks,
if you have sent me an email and have NOT got a reply from me, please re-send your info to:

Thanks!
Rob

randolph45
12-13-2012, 09:38
I ordered 60 stamps.20 international and 40 domestic.The stamps won't be wasted but would like to see more photogs belly up to the bar:)

jcrutcher
12-13-2012, 09:47
I'm ready to go also. Have 2 sets of Moo cards so everyone might get 2 cards from me.

This will be fun like the previous events.

Jim

kdemas
12-13-2012, 11:59
Looking forward to it! Need to place my Moo order soon.

For those that are on the fence about participating... this is really a blast. Give it a try!

rbiemer
12-24-2012, 06:19
A quick "update"...Update is in quotes because there have been no new additions to our list as of this morning.:eek:

I know that for a lot of us today and tomorrow will be hectic but after Tuesday, please join in, folks!

Send your info to me here:

Merry Xmas, y'all!
Rob

krötenblender
12-24-2012, 07:53
Maybe we have scared them all away with speculations about too many participants, splitting lists and so on...

Rob, what is the current number of people?

robert blu
12-24-2012, 09:57
My card just arrived, Moo did again a good job! Hope more people will join. Anyone from China? Anyone from Africa? Anyone from....
robert
PS: I take opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas !

brainwood
12-24-2012, 10:02
Sorry but I will ducking out of this one. Its just a cost/timing/spare time thing as I've really enjoyed the last two...have fun

russelljtdyer
12-24-2012, 10:30
I participated the first time, but not the second time since I was moving during the mailing period and didn't know what would be my new address. Now that I'm settled into a new place, I'd like to participate again.

As for deciding on grouping of people, let me tell you about the cost of postage to mail a postcard from Italy (a European Union country) last time: it was € 0.75 (~ $1.00) to mail one to an address in Europe; it was € 1.60 (~ $2.10) to send one to the United States; and it was € 2.00 (~ $2.64) to Australia. I think the rates will be the same for all E.U. countries. The rates may have gone up in the past year, though.

I don't remember how many postcards there were for the U.S., but it was most of them, maybe three-fourths of them. So at about $2.10 a card for postage, that's adds up to a hefty fee for postage. For people in the U.S., though, to mail postcards to each other, it's only $ 0.32 a card. So the burden is much heavier on those of us not located in the U.S.

I liked getting cards from everyone, but if you're going to have two groups this time, it might be worth while to have one batch for the U.S. and another batch for Europe and the rest of the world. Then, as others have said, we could pick which batch we want. And maybe you can give each person a few from the other batch, making sure each person will receive a few from the other group. So I might choose all non-U.S. and be assigned five people from the U.S.

-Russell

Don Parsons
12-24-2012, 10:53
Could you post who's signed up so far? I'm in.

randolph45
12-24-2012, 13:12
Sorry but I will ducking out of this one. Its just a cost/timing/spare time thing as I've really enjoyed the last two...have fun

Sorry to hear your not in this time:( Your cards are great:)

randolph45
12-24-2012, 13:19
I participated the first time, but not the second time since I was moving during the mailing period and didn't know what would be my new address. Now that I'm settled into a new place, I'd like to participate again.

As for deciding on grouping of people, let me tell you about the cost of postage to mail a postcard from Italy (a European Union country) last time: it was € 0.75 (~ $1.00) to mail one to an address in Europe; it was € 1.60 (~ $2.10) to send one to the United States; and it was € 2.00 (~ $2.64) to Australia. I think the rates will be the same for all E.U. countries. The rates may have gone up in the past year, though.

I don't remember how many postcards there were for the U.S., but it was most of them, maybe three-fourths of them. So at about $2.10 a card for postage, that's adds up to a hefty fee for postage. For people in the U.S., though, to mail postcards to each other, it's only $ 0.32 a card. So the burden is much heavier on those of us not located in the U.S.

I liked getting cards from everyone, but if you're going to have two groups this time, it might be worth while to have one batch for the U.S. and another batch for Europe and the rest of the world. Then, as others have said, we could pick which batch we want. And maybe you can give each person a few from the other batch, making sure each person will receive a few from the other group. So I might choose all non-U.S. and be assigned five people from the U.S.

-Russell

Lets hope we can work it out so we can all not have to sell our first born to pay postage.Your suggestion sounds good.

brainwood
12-24-2012, 13:20
Thanks randolf but hopefully there will be Postcard IV ?

Gavin R
12-25-2012, 14:26
I'd like to take part please.

KenD
12-25-2012, 15:52
Count me in for Postcards 3! Postcards 2 was great fun.

email on the way.

KenD

nikon_sam
12-27-2012, 18:06
Just a bump for this thread and also to say that I'm getting a bit excited with printing postcards for other RFF members...I have a roll of 120 with what could be interesting images and I also still have a few rolls hanging that I have not really looked at but I know have some good shots also...

drewbarb
01-02-2013, 12:38
So- what's the status of this project, Rob? I seem to recall that you were going to send out a list around now for us to get started sending out cards, and I thought I signed up, but so far nothing. Am I early, or not signed up correctly, or have you not sorted it out yet? Sorry to bug you, I just don't want to miss the boat. Hope you- and everyone else reading this- had a wonderful holiday season, and I wish you all a happy New Year. Cheers!

EDIT- nevermind- I just re-read your first post more carefully and this time saw the remark that you would be trying to get a list out this Friday or Saturday. Sorry to jump the gun. Waiting patiently, but looking forward to this project. Again, HNY!

randolph45
01-02-2013, 12:46
OH MY
What picture to print now that we are almost there:eek:

rbiemer
01-07-2013, 06:31
Folks,
I have not forgotten this project.
I have had very annoying internet problems for the last week or so(very brief connection and then long stretches of no connection.:bang:).
I will send out the list of addresses later today. Likely 9pm my time (EST) or so.

As of now I believe our total is just under 40 people and so I am sending one list to every one.
I will post here as soon as I've sent the list. At that point, if any one has not got the list please let me know.

Again, if you sent me your info through PMs here or to my personal email, I will ask one final time that you please send your info to:

[email protected]

If you think you have sent your info to that address already and have not got a reply, please re-send it!

Thanks for you patience, everyone!
Rob

rbiemer
01-08-2013, 11:08
Mailing list has been emailed, folks!
Let the fun begin!
Warm regards,
Rob Biemer

nikon_sam
01-08-2013, 11:29
I just got the list and must say I'm very excited...
I printed a few negs last Friday in hope of finding an image for this project and I'm pretty sure I've found what I want...
Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with...

Thank you Rob for putting this together...

krötenblender
01-13-2013, 05:18
Yay! This weekend I managed to select a photograph and order the postcards at moo.com. I should be able to send the cards on time.

I really look forward to see all you postcards.

marcr1230
01-17-2013, 16:41
Ordered my cards yesterday from MOO - chances are I'll be on schedule this time around...

nikon_sam
01-21-2013, 16:09
Just finished printing my cards...set up my darkroom this morning and printed for most of the afternoon...they're done, dried and awaiting to be labeled and sent out at the assigned time...
And I must say I'm not sick of the image even after developing 3 dozen of them...

victoriapio
01-21-2013, 16:49
Rob,
Due to work and family commitments, I have been away from the forum almost since PP#2 was done. Sorry I missed #3. I will keep my eyes peeled for #4 later.
My accolades to you for this ongoing project, sorry I could not participate this time.
OC Garza
Victoria, Texas

randolph45
01-23-2013, 21:40
Order sent to Moo.
Comming first week in Febuary.
Hope to mail soon after.
Postage goes up 27of January by 1 penny:eek:

krötenblender
01-23-2013, 21:53
Postage goes up 27of January by 1 penny:eek:

Lucky you... It's 0,75 € from Germany. :eek:

randolph45
01-23-2013, 22:11
Lucky you... It's 0,75 € from Germany. :eek:
.75 Euro=1$US to send to you will cost 1.06 US:D with the penny increase.

avikrc
01-23-2013, 22:20
Oh Wow! I missed it this year as well!

raid
01-25-2013, 19:07
I am totally out of the loop.
How many cards must I get printed? It seems that ordering forty cards at Moo will do.
Thanks.

merciless49
01-26-2013, 23:02
Just ordered the cards from Moo, will arrive by the first week of Feb. I'm very excited to participate in this round, as last round was lots of fun! Thanks so much to Rob again for organizing this.

raid
01-27-2013, 07:30
Same here!

You have 2 hours, 59 minutes, 40 seconds to make any changes to your designs
You can also change your delivery address before it's dispatched
We've saved your designs in your account so you can re-order them
We estimate your order will be delivered by Thursday 7 February 2013

MartinP
01-27-2013, 07:33
Haha, I will be using Moo as well! I'll be sending the order tomorrow evening with any luck.

raid
01-27-2013, 08:13
There was a useful link last time for creating address labels for the cards.
Anyone recalls it?

Don Parsons
01-27-2013, 08:16
I ordered mine from overnightprints.com. Should be here the first few days of feb, then I'll pop 'em right into the mail.

Thanks to all for playing!

MartinP
01-27-2013, 08:16
Anyone recalls it?

I didn't think one was allowed to fix anything to the card without paying letter-rate? Or maybe that is only a rule in UK.

Most word-processor programs have templates for the sticky printer labels, so that would work or just use paper and a gluestick?

krötenblender
01-27-2013, 08:22
Haha, I will be using Moo as well! I'll be sending the order tomorrow evening with any luck.

I also ordered from Moo and already have my cards since a week or so. Just waiting for Rob to give the signal.

I wonder, if it would be more easy to just give Moo the pictures, the addresses and let them do the rest... :D

(Not really, I love getting the postcards one by one and with traces of the post transportation process. See this gallery from the last time, the back sides are just as interesting as the front sides: http://mempool.net/galleries/rff_postcards_2/ )

krötenblender
01-27-2013, 08:24
Anyone recalls it?

I'm using a LaTeX-Template and could provide pdf for printout, if you can give me the dimensions of your labels, or simply the LaTex file itself, if you know how to use it. Very easy.

rbiemer
01-28-2013, 09:35
What I tried the first time around for addresses was to print labels. That didn't work well for me since the format is not quite the same for all countries. So, I found it just as easy to print a brief message on the left side and then hand write the addresses.
This time around, we have 36 people so I will only need to address 35 cards--that will be a bit quicker than the 57 or so from the last time!

I am hoping to get some negs and scan back in the mail this week so I can choose the photo to use. Then upload to Moo and wait again for the postman to deliver the cards to me so I can then send 'em off to y'all!
I might be a bit late this time...:(

Rob

raid
01-28-2013, 10:17
I'm using a LaTeX-Template and could provide pdf for printout, if you can give me the dimensions of your labels, or simply the LaTex file itself, if you know how to use it. Very easy.

Thank you for the willingness to help.
I may just do what Rob will do, and that is to use a pen to write the addresses.

jcrutcher
01-28-2013, 10:54
Can we start mailing? If not what's the date?

Thanks, Jim

kxl
01-28-2013, 11:11
Anyone recalls it?

I actually created it using an MS Word template for Avery Label (I don't have the exact Avery Label # right now, but will post it later when I get home).

I plan to do that again this time and will gladly e-mail the MS Word doc with the addresses to anyone who plans to use Avery Labels.

To ensure only participating RFF'er get the list of addresses, I ask that you provide your RFF name, real name and address (that you had forwarded to Rob for this project). Send you request via PM or email.

-Keith

nikon_sam
01-28-2013, 11:33
I used Avery Label #8160 for the addresses and am looking for another label to stick on with info of the picture...
I got mine labeled with the address so far...if I were to hand write the address none of you would get them...I should have been a doctor...

seakayaker1
01-28-2013, 11:42
Ordered from MOO about 2 weeks ago and received them 7 days later. A very fast turnaround.

As far as mailing the postcards, this is a quote from Rob's opening in this thread, "Then we each should plan on mailing starting 2 February. This should give us all enough time to get through the holiday season and the associated obligations before we have to deal with the project."

I will plan on addressing the postcards and dropping them off at the post office on Saturday, February 2nd or the following Monday, February 4th.

Looking forward to receiving everyone's postcard once again!

seakayaker1
01-28-2013, 11:45
I also ordered from Moo and already have my cards since a week or so. Just waiting for Rob to give the signal.

I wonder, if it would be more easy to just give Moo the pictures, the addresses and let them do the rest... :D

(Not really, I love getting the postcards one by one and with traces of the post transportation process. See this gallery from the last time, the back sides are just as interesting as the front sides: http://mempool.net/galleries/rff_postcards_2/ )

Thanks for the link, it was fun to review the postcards on line. I also want to pull out my package of postcards that I received and compare them to this list. If I find one that you do not have I will see if I can scan it and sent you a copy.

zauhar
01-28-2013, 12:14
Rob, sorry I sent email to your personal email, not the special address you set up. I never got the list of mailing addresses, and so this fell off my radar.

I will participate next time.

Randy

krötenblender
01-28-2013, 21:43
Thanks for the link, it was fun to review the postcards on line. I also want to pull out my package of postcards that I received and compare them to this list. If I find one that you do not have I will see if I can scan it and sent you a copy.

That would be very nice of you. Thank you!

randolph45
01-31-2013, 13:50
MOO cards came today ahead of time:)

beyond
02-01-2013, 20:15
Hi guys. I m back. I would like to apologise that I didnt manage to send out the cards from Part 2. Caring for a premature baby has taken a lot of my time. Baby is finally doing fine. Looks like I missed the Part 3 as well. Looking forward to Part 4 in future. To all. Have fun with part 3.

raid
02-01-2013, 20:18
My cards are on their way to me from MOO.

robert blu
02-02-2013, 02:46
Cards printed, I'll be traveling next week, when back start to writye and ship.
robert

rbiemer
02-02-2013, 05:15
OK, gentlefolk, MAIL WHEN READY!

I am going to be a bit late with my cards; it took me too long to decide which photo to use. :bang:

But, I have my stamps and the address list ready and waiting on my desk.

While I'm waiting for Moo to send my cards, I can decide about which ink and pen to use for the addresses...I am such a geek!:D

Randy, I am very sorry I missed including you:(. I thought I had dug through my email and found everyone who emailed me instead of the project address and asked them to re-send their info.
I will do better next time!

I noticed that at least some of the cards I mailed last time were not postmarked from where I am but from the first sorting stop. That did not make me pleased. The person working at my local post office then was not especially motivated and he just whacked all the cards into the outgoing mail bag rather than cancelling the stamps here in town and then sending them on. The current postmistress is better in two ways:
She is from here and proud of this village.
And, she is interested in the postcards almost as much as I am.

I am thinking that #4 will be in the summer, late June or early July.

Let the fun continue!

Thank you all again for your enthusiastic participation!

Warm regards,
Rob

randolph45
02-02-2013, 09:15
I just looked up new postal rate for international postcard.Up a nickel to 1.10 U.S. and .33˘ for domestic. Gotta buy some nickel stamps to add on.

Don Parsons
02-03-2013, 06:59
Does anyone have a breakdown on the stamps yet? How many US and foreign? I'm going to start addressing mine today and sending out tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting some cool postcards in the mail :-)

Thanks everyone for playing!

don

jcrutcher
02-03-2013, 07:26
Does anyone have a breakdown on the stamps yet? How many US and foreign? I'm going to start addressing mine today and sending out tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting some cool postcards in the mail :-)

Thanks everyone for playing!

don

USA is 33 cents each, International is 1.10 USD. International is the same as a letter so if you need to put them in a letter to protect them its the same rate. The 33 cents are for normal sized postcards any bigger get charged the same as a letter which I believe is 46 cents.

looking forward to receiving yours Don

Jim

Don Parsons
02-03-2013, 07:37
Hi Jim,
I meant how many .33 and 1.10 stamps do we need :-)
don

raid
02-03-2013, 08:01
First-Class Mail® International Postcard

Maximum size 6" length x 4-1/4" height $1.10

I would use envelopes then. Cards mailed to Canada or Mexico have same rate. It was much less last year.

randolph45
02-03-2013, 08:11
First-Class Mail® International Postcard

Maximum size 6" length x 4-1/4" height $1.10

I would use envelopes then. Cards mailed to Canada or Mexico have same rate. It was much less last year.

Raid
Just a nickel more then last year on international and a penny on domestic.:)

jcrutcher
02-03-2013, 09:21
Hi Jim,
I meant how many .33 and 1.10 stamps do we need :-)
don

The list I have which I believe is the most current is 23 domestic and 13 International NOT mailing to yourself.

Jim

raid
02-03-2013, 09:40
Raid
Just a nickel more then last year on international and a penny on domestic.:)

The postage to Canada and to Mexico was much less than it is now. I am fine with it.

krötenblender
02-03-2013, 13:11
The list I have which I believe is the most current is 23 domestic and 13 International NOT mailing to yourself.

Jim

Damn, I have only two domestic and the rest is international. What's wrong with my list? :bang: :D

eyesglassy
02-04-2013, 07:49
Of course it's day one and there's cards in my box! Jim from AZ and Ralph from CT. Awesome work!

raid
02-04-2013, 08:12
I now have the address labels ready, so all that is left is to receive the postcards from MOO in the mail.

hteasley
02-04-2013, 08:30
My cards from Moo aren't yet here, but I've already received my first card in the mail. Looking forward to more!

rover
02-04-2013, 08:32
Oh crap. My international cards were delivered to me. I will have to figure out a plan b.

krötenblender
02-04-2013, 08:44
My cards are on their way. I guess, it will take some time, until they arrive in the USA.

Don Parsons
02-04-2013, 08:50
Just finishing addressing mine, heading to the Post Office in a minute!

marcr1230
02-04-2013, 13:33
I got 2 in the mail today! Mailed mine out this morning, as they say "laissez les bon temps rouler"

Gavin R
02-04-2013, 13:38
Mine are due for delivery any day and will be going out in envelopes.

Thank you to 'Rover' for today's surprise delivery. I've never engaged with exchanges before now and found it exciting to have received my first card. Even the stamps were amazing!

Not having engaged in exchanges previously I would appreciate feedback on my offering.

Good luck everyone and thank you for putting in your time Rob.

raid
02-04-2013, 14:23
Ralph (CT) and Jim (SF)...... Thanks for your cards!
I got them today.

nikon_sam
02-04-2013, 17:02
Since it will cost the same to place the international cards in an envelop I think I will go that way...
Mine are all ready to mail (minus the stamps) and the relabeling of the international ones...
I should get them out tomorrow...
I got the same two as Raid...I was very surprised to find them in the mailbox today...

rover
02-04-2013, 17:03
We may have mailed our's before we got the official go ahead. ;)

nikon_sam
02-04-2013, 17:06

Yeah...I was still waiting for the flares signaling the big "Go"...:D

kdemas
02-04-2013, 17:13
I got my first two cards today, so much fun! Mine will be going out a little late as I just got out of the hospital but they'll be on their way soon.

Kent

jcrutcher
02-04-2013, 17:37

Thank you I got yours today also. When do the cookies arrive?

Jim

motion_runner
02-05-2013, 10:06
My first two cards arrived today. Jim's from Phoenix (stamp says Feb 1st: wow, really fast) and Stephan's from Bremen. Thanks.

I sent off my first batch yesterday.

krötenblender
02-05-2013, 10:37
My first two cards arrived today. Jim's from Phoenix (stamp says Feb 1st: wow, really fast) and Stephan's from Bremen. Thanks.

I sent off my first batch yesterday.

Also got my first two today, yours and Jims. A good start, and looking forward to find new cards, when I'm coming home.

seakayaker1
02-05-2013, 11:14
. . . . . postcards are now in hand.

Will have an opportunity over the next few days to address the cards and will place in the mail no later than Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing the postcards from the RFF Postcard Project 3 group!

Thanks for the heads up on the postcard price changes. I had bought extra stamps for the domestic postcards last time and would have used them without checking I'm sure.

raid
02-05-2013, 11:25
I start by having a dedicated Ziploc bag in which I place all incoming postcards. I inform my children to do the same if the cards come in and I am not home.

jesse1dog
02-05-2013, 13:59
Amazing - Jim's card arrived in windy Wales this morning - thanks: the first one!

My cards are addressed and stamped and could be in tomorrow's post depending on the weather. For the collectors most cards have 4 stamps, a few three, and the GB ones only one! No 'special' stamps but the cards are at least colourfull.

jesse

nikon_sam
02-05-2013, 16:07
Three Post Offices later, I can now say that the cards for U.S. residents are in the mail...
The first two Post Offices didn't have any Postcard stamps nor did they have the one cent stamp to add to it...funny it would be the smallest of the three that had them..
I need to label envelopes for the international ones so I'll be doing that right now and get them out tomorrow...

raid
02-05-2013, 16:25
The cards arrived today from MOO. I like their work. The cards look very nice (to my eyes).

dct
02-06-2013, 00:02
USA is 33 cents each, International is 1.10 USD. International is the same as a letter so if you need to put them in a letter to protect them its the same rate. The 33 cents are for normal sized postcards any bigger get charged the same as a letter which I believe is 46 cents.

looking forward to receiving yours Don

Jim

Jim,
Thank you. Your card was the first in my post box!
Still waiting for MOO delivery to send mine.
Valentino

nikon_sam
02-06-2013, 14:48
I got my international postcards out this afternoon...thought it would be a big hassle at the PO but she just doled out the stamps and it was no big deal...it was even easier than the local postcards...
I got another one today (3 for now) from Marc (marc1230)...very nice...

raid
02-06-2013, 16:40
I am planning to send out the cards within 3 days.

randolph45
02-07-2013, 12:34
Hello all
My cards going out today.
Stamps are image of card sent from part two and no longer there as DISNEY has replaced it and the rest of the main entrance to California Adventure theme park with 1930's era Los Angeles streets.

kdemas
02-07-2013, 13:00
Very cool Randy. I ordered some custom US stamps as well, used a picture from a classic car race in Monterey.

I sure enjoy these exchanges, great fun.

Hello all
My cards going out today.
Stamps are image of card sent from part two and no longer there as DISNEY has replaced it and the rest of the main entrance to California Adventure theme park with 1930's era Los Angeles streets.

randolph45
02-07-2013, 13:16
Very cool Randy. I ordered some custom US stamps as well, used a picture from a classic car race in Monterey.

I sure enjoy these exchanges, great fun.

Cool
Loved Laguna Seca.
Do you shoot the Wine country classic at Sears Point?

randolph45
02-07-2013, 14:13
The post office let me hand cancel all my postcards today:)
My wife is known as the cardlady here:)
We are in the postoffice two or three times a week.

kdemas
02-07-2013, 14:42
It's one of the few motorsports events I usually don't go to. I'm kind of a Pebble Beach car weekend snob and I've never felt that motivated to go. I will be there this year as I'm looking to go to additional events, looking forward to it. Should be fun!!

Do you go Randy?

Cool
Loved Laguna Seca.
Do you shoot the Wine country classic at Sears Point?

randolph45
02-07-2013, 16:31
It's one of the few motorsports events I usually don't go to. I'm kind of a Pebble Beach car weekend snob and I've never felt that motivated to go. I will be there this year as I'm looking to go to additional events, looking forward to it. Should be fun!!

Do you go Randy?

Been wanting to but never made it:o
Did manage to make the GTP races years ago and practice for Nascar when Earnhardt was still around.

raid
02-08-2013, 20:22
I mailed out the cards today. They did not have any postcard stamps left, so I asked "what now?".
The solution was using four stamps per US address card, and three stamps for cards sent to other countries.

cjm
02-08-2013, 21:02
My cards also went out today.

marcr1230
02-09-2013, 04:26
I got a beautiful card from nikon_sam yesterday.

raid
02-09-2013, 05:14
Me too! Thanks.
It was a photo taken with a Mamiya 645 by him.

motion_runner
02-09-2013, 05:32

Marc, I got your card today. Thank you!

A beautiful beachscape from Wales came in yesterday. Thank you, John!

nikon_sam
02-09-2013, 11:05

Me too! Thanks.
It was a photo taken with a Mamiya 645 by him.

Thank you...
And you're welcome...

seakayaker1
02-09-2013, 23:44
All cards dropped off at the post office early Saturday afternoon.

Certainly a lot easier addressing 35 cards this time around.

Next week should be a lot of fun, 3 cards received and hopefully the flow continues for the next few weeks!

Nebulon
02-10-2013, 13:29
Hey - this is fun! Four cards so far, and I'm really enjoying the images. Thanks to all!

Papercut
02-10-2013, 15:11
First cards have started to trickle in -- liking this feeling again!

Mine are all printed (this time here at home: Epson inkjet on Canson Rag Photographique 320 gsm), addressed and ready to send out as soon as I get stamps. They should be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

kxl
02-10-2013, 15:19
I'm up to 7 cards. In the meantime, I'll be sending out my own postcards in the next day or two.

ncc1701
02-10-2013, 15:32
4 so far, Good fun!
My cards go out tomw!

Hope they are enjoyed.

randolph45
02-10-2013, 16:50
Five so far:
Don P,marc R,Nikon Sam,Jim C,Ralph M and I mail one of mine to me for fun:)

jcrutcher
02-10-2013, 16:58
1. Ralph.. beautiful photo of pastries!
2. Don... Antique airplane...Don are you flying?
3. Nikon Sam..B&W medium format hip shot of a pretty girl, love the OOF
4. Frank... Perfect Pivilion in Barcelona..I like the lines.
5 Stephen.... Dancing in the streets.. Very nice descreet street shot. (what film Stephen?)

Thank you all, I'm enjoying round 3! Many talented photographers from around the world to learn from.

Jim

Don Parsons
02-10-2013, 17:46
Jim,

I've flown that airplane but I had photo-duty that morning.

Cheers

don

jcrutcher
02-10-2013, 19:53
Jim,

Cheers

don

Awesome!!!

nikon_sam
02-10-2013, 20:38
Jim,

Cheers

don

Wow...it is beautiful...

krötenblender
02-10-2013, 22:28
5 Stephen.... Dancing in the streets.. Very nice descreet street shot. (what film Stephen?)

The built-in type from Kodak in the M9... :D

merciless49
02-11-2013, 14:29
Mine just went out earlier today. I apologize for not being able to write much more on each card other than the hand-addressing, since I've been swamped at work.

But am enjoying this project very much! It certainly is a fun diversion from the daily stresses.

Papercut
02-11-2013, 16:32
I'm sitting at 9 received -- all good!

Mine went out today too. Like Ming I didn't write much on the cards -- the semester is in full swing here and I'm swamped with committee meetings, teaching, grading, and trying to get in my own research and writing too. But, getting home and checking the mail is now a highlight of my days!

kdemas
02-11-2013, 17:46
Moo is delivering mine to me on Valentines Day and they'll be going out shortly thereafter. Really enjoying the cards that are arriving daily.

jpa66
02-11-2013, 18:45
Got some more postcards today - that makes ten so far, I believe. Just mailed all of mine out today.

randolph45
02-11-2013, 23:27
Raid
They must love you at the post office.:angel:
Your card arrived with 4 stamps totaling 30 cents. None with post office cancellation stamp. ;)
I did this last year sending one to myself with no stamp on purpose
Knowing they would return to sender stamped insufficient postage.
Very nice image by the way.
Randy T

MartinP
02-12-2013, 05:14
I now have five very nice cards in total and am waiting on the delivery of my own batch to send out. Good work everybody :)

nikon_sam
02-12-2013, 12:36
3 more came today I now have a total of 11...
9 local and 2 international...
Not sure why I was thinking that they would all be B&W (maybe because mine was) but I love the colors...
Lots of nice photos so far...now I have to wait until tomorrow...

v_roma
02-12-2013, 13:01
I had received 8 as of yesterday and sent mine out this morning. Thanks everyone for the great cards so far!

raid
02-12-2013, 17:58
Raid
They must love you at the post office.:angel:
Your card arrived with 4 stamps totaling 30 cents. None with post office cancellation stamp. ;)
I did this last year sending one to myself with no stamp on purpose
Knowing they would return to sender stamped insufficient postage.
Very nice image by the way.
Randy T

I put the stamps on the cards that they gave me there. How much is the correct amount? Maybe I switched stamps around.

randolph45
02-12-2013, 18:57
I put the stamps on the cards that they gave me there. How much is the correct amount? Ybe Zi sitched stamps around.

Raid
33cents domestic and 1.10 for international.
But hey anytime you can follow the post office lead and come out ahead you win:)

raid
02-12-2013, 19:14
I paid for the correct postage, and I may have placed too much on one card and too little on another.

randolph45
02-12-2013, 19:25
I paid for the correct postage, and I may have placed too much on one card and too little on another.

Raid
Honest mistake:)
Done a few of those myself.
Sorry I mentioned it:o
Randy T

raid
02-12-2013, 20:38
The lady gave me a set of stamps for USA and for international, and I just placed the stamps on the cards at the post office. If she made a mistake, then I risked getting my own cards sent back to me. That would be lousy.

dct
02-13-2013, 12:55
Last weekend three and today four: Total count is 8!
You all give me a reason clearing the path to our post box from the snow every day. Thank you.

randolph45
02-13-2013, 13:15
The lady gave me a set of stamps for USA and for international, and I just placed the stamps on the cards at the post office. If she made a mistake, then I risked getting my own cards sent back to me. That would be lousy.
R

Raid
If they were comming back you would have gotten them already .My card came back the next day.

Don Parsons
02-13-2013, 15:42
I received mine from Raid. Thanks buddy!

raid
02-13-2013, 15:53
R

Raid
If they were comming back you would have gotten them already .My card came back the next day.

It may have been an error of under stamping in one card and over stamping in another card.

jcrutcher
02-13-2013, 17:34
6. Dan.. I like the roses and feel of the scene
7. Marc...Beautiful Arches, I need to go, not far from Phoenix
8. Raid... I'm not sure what I like the most, the outstanding photo or the story how you go it! Stamps are fun too.
9. Chris... Like the different Cactus, the wall and red curb make it interesting
10.....Eric busy scene with the men's faces drawing you into the photo. Very nice!
11. Kevin... I've been to that fair, crazy fun! I'm sure you took a lot of photo's.
12. Ming... Love the color! very rich and person makes it perfect.
13. Jan... Wonderful lines and structures
14. Rob... Stalks in the water. took me awhile to orientate it properly. Nice capture!

Thank you all, I'm enjoying round 3! Many talented photographers from around the world to learn from.

jesse1dog
02-14-2013, 03:46
A bit of a concern where posted cards are!
Sent mine out what seems ages ago and would have expected them to have arrived by now - I know that some to the States arrived several days ago!
On the other hand my pc count is only 7!
jesse

krötenblender
02-14-2013, 03:55
Sent mine out what seems ages ago and would have expected them to have arrived by now - I know that some to the States arrived several days ago!
jesse

Your postcard was number 3 of 9 until now. So far I enjoyed them all!

randolph45
02-14-2013, 09:14
jesse

Jesse
Your card came Monday of this week with three others.

nikon_sam
02-14-2013, 09:22
Jesse
Got your card on Tuesday...

Total count as of yesterday's mail 15...

seakayaker1
02-14-2013, 10:37
jesse

. . . . . as of last night when I got home, I had received a total of 11 post cards here in Seattle.

Jessie, yours was the fourth one I received, I believe it was delivered this past Monday.

kdemas
02-14-2013, 11:01
Cards addressed, waiting on custom stamps from Zazzle to get here and they'll be in the mail!

marcr1230
02-14-2013, 14:07
Jackpot today! I received 5 more in the mail. My total is now 14 + 1 for my own.
all are very nice - thanks everyone for the effort and thought you've put into this project

hteasley
02-14-2013, 16:11
I have twelve so far... beautiful stuff.

I finally got mine in the mail today. Since the last postcard project, the post office changed its rates on international...

rbiemer
02-15-2013, 05:38
13 for me as of yesterday. Looking forward to see what comes in today!
My local post mistress is also appreciating the cards as they come in.

Rob

raid
02-15-2013, 06:38
I have received eleven cards so far. Beautiful stuff overall. My family is also enjoying the cards with me each time some arrive to our home.

nikon_sam
02-15-2013, 09:24
I haven't shown them to my wife yet...I think I'll wait until I get all of them...

kdemas
02-15-2013, 09:32
Drove to the airport post office last night and all mine are on the way. Some "lucky international recipient will get a card with my domestic "custom" stamp on it as well as the international stamp. I wasn't paying attention to the addresses at first when I started plopping the stamps on.

I've received 19 cards thus far, great work everyone!

Kent

jesse1dog
02-15-2013, 09:44
Whenever the post comes these days, my wife is always asking, 'Have we got another card today?'
Notice it isn't -'have you' but 'have we' !!
9 cards have arrived so far and are laid out in the kitchen in their arrival order!Thanks guys.

jesse

seakayaker1
02-15-2013, 22:54
. . . . . added three more to the pile today, including a double wide, some beautiful photographs!

Keep 'em coming!

dct
02-16-2013, 05:07
Including Saturday delivery it sums up to 15 cards. Very different ideas are great!

Don Parsons
02-16-2013, 06:01
5 diamonds in the mail friday! I can't wait for the mailman today!
:-)

ricnak
02-18-2013, 12:53
The Aussie postcards are in the post today. Sorry about the delay.
h.

MartinP
02-18-2013, 13:00
The Aussie postcards are in the post today. Sorry about the delay.

Thanks to a delay on my part in confirming the details, my own postcards order 'should' arrive at the end of the week. Barring delivery disasters, I hope to post them all on Saturday. It is possible that they will turn up in your letterboxes early in March if the address is on another continent!

And fifteen received here so far :)

jcrutcher
02-19-2013, 17:27
8. Raid... I'm not sure what I like the most, the outstanding photo or the story how you go it! Stamps are fun too.
9. Chris... Like the different Cactus, the wall and red curb make it interesting
10.....Eric busy scene with the men's faces drawing you into the photo. Very nice!
11. Kevin... I've been to that fair, crazy fun! I'm sure you took a lot of photo's.
14. Rob... Stalks in the water. took me awhile to orientate it properly. Nice capture!
15. Vasco...Perfect timing with man walking by the Bogota sign
16. Keith....Great shot of buzzards sitting watch over canyon. Excellent tones also.
17. Landrew...Double wide and double the fun! Love the clouds!
18. Harry...I like the color and different lines. My eyes went right to the rust on the roof.
19. Ken... Young lady is so sexy even the mural is staring.
20. Russell.... Peaceful Italian beach, is that film?
21. Kent... Rain doesn't stop Santa's Helper! Perfect timing-moment!

Gavin R
02-22-2013, 10:47
I posted every single one Wednesday just gone.

Nineteen receivedhere in the UK so far :

Landrew. Perfect use of shadows using IR.
Ralph. So 60's. If the walls could talk I imagine they'd tell of some parties there.
Russell. Now I have another destination to visit. Cefalu!
Marc. Two strong images going on there. Seen plenty of the one but the two together like this I've never seen before. Excellent.
Sam. Fantastic. Love the girl but the guy running to the right really makes it for me. Almost as though there's a connection going on there.
Jim. The movement in the Mesquite tree gives it a kind of double depth of field. Very intriguing to the point it becomes a 'pick me up again' image.
Stephan. After looking at your image a third time it raised a comical smile on my face. I hadn't appreciated the comic value of this image previously but its a cracker. Still smiling.
Don. Great plane shot. Something I'd always wanted to do until filling my pants during a microlight test flight.
Jesse. Beach breakers. Some social history captured that is fast disappearing.
Jan. Love the aspect of this image and one I'd definitely have on my wall. My kind of thing but not available in this country!
Vasco. Love the reflections on the glass. Another 'pick me up again' image.
Ralph. Don't we get a taster? Maybe a scratch and sniff PP#4?
Dan. Is this part of a canal system or waterway works?
Ming. When turned upside down it looks like a guy walking with his hands in his pockets, winter day type of feel and the opposite of the other way up. Mind you, I could be mad. Love to see it upturned and in B&W.
Chris M. The front wall makes it for me.
Rob. Love the reflections on the smaller stalks. I like the cluster too but the two smaller ones are magical.
Eric. One I'd wished I'd taken myself. Love the DOF being set so far over so much.
Harry. The boarded up window intrigues me.
Keith. Straight away I thought of classic westerns. A small cast B&W lone travelling bad ass cowboy. See, I am mad!

robert blu
02-22-2013, 11:24
i had some (minor) problem which caused a delay from my side, sorry to say this, I'll write all my postcards during the week end and post on monday!
robert
PS: a little late but it will be a beautiful photo, of course my opinion :D

randolph45
02-22-2013, 12:14
Hello all
Just checking to see if anyone has gotten my cards.
Mine were mailed on the 7th of this month and some members have posted a list of those cards that don't include mine:(

dct
02-22-2013, 14:06
Hello all
Mine were mailed on the 7th of this month and some members have posted a list of those cards that don't include mine:(
I don't think I saw one from Sacramento. What was the photographic topic?
So far I received 23 and mine are now on the way too.

nikon_sam
02-22-2013, 14:38
Hello all

Yup...got it..it was one of the earlier ones to arrive...

One more arrived today from...The Netherlands...

kdemas
02-22-2013, 14:45
I got it some time ago Randy.

Hello all

Papercut
02-22-2013, 14:54
Randy, yours made it to NY quickly -- one of the first I received.

kxl
02-22-2013, 15:15
Hello all

I got yours - probably got quicker tio me than to others since I'm only ~400 miles south of Sacto.

jcrutcher
02-22-2013, 17:34
Randy,
so sorry I do have your card, my wife set it aside because she liked it and didn't give it to me. I'll update my list this weekend.

Jim

randolph45
02-22-2013, 21:02
Randy,
so sorry I do have your card, my wife set it aside because she liked it and didn't give it to me. I'll update my list this weekend.

Jim

Jim
Thanks for the good news:)
May I say your wife has good tastes in photography:D
My wife also picked that image out of the half dozen finalists.
I gave out two extras and only have two to spare so breathing a sigh of relief.

I have been toying with the idea of entering it in the State
Fair since I took it there. I had better stick a pin in my head because it is getting to big:) Anyway I think I will enlarge it 11×14 to get a better sense of it.
Randy T

seakayaker1
02-22-2013, 22:17
I posted every single one Wednesday just gone.

Nineteen receivedhere in the UK so far :

[/I]Dan. Is this part of a canal system or waterway works?

Galvin, they are formally called the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, and infromally know as the Ballard locks. A beautiful spot in Seattle, gardens, people, ships passing between the Puget Sound salt water and the fresh water ship and canal and lake system.

Link: http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/LocksandDams/ChittendenLocks.aspx

I walk the around the locks quite often and always bring a camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672[email protected]/sets/72157630888792356/show/

seakayaker1
02-22-2013, 23:58
To date I have received 20 cards . . . . . not in the order received, the postcards have been viewed by a few folks who have been by the house.

1. Randy (randolph45) ~ Sacramento, CA
2. John (jesse1dog) ~ Tywyn, UK
3. Chris (cjm) ~ Los Angeles, CA
4. Eric (Nebulon) ~ West Fargo, ND
5. Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
6. Sam (nikon sam) Alta Loma, CA
7. Marc (marcr1230) Chicago, IL
8. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
9. Raid (raid) Pensacola, FL
10. Kevin (papercut) New Rochelle, NY
11. Jan (jpa66) Chicago, IL
12. Vasco (v roma) Detroit, MI
13. Ming (merciless49) San Diego, CA
14. Lawrence (ncc1701) Astoria, NY
15. Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
16. Keith (kxl) Chino Hills, CA
17. Russell (russelljtdyer) Milan, Italy
18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
19. Ken (KenD) Hampton, NB, Canada
20. Harry (hteasley) Walpole, MA

xx. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA

krötenblender
02-23-2013, 04:27
I'm at 25 now, today Helens letter from Australia arrived. All nice ones, but only 10 to come! :eek: *sigh*

nikon_sam
02-23-2013, 08:23
I'm at 24 right now, still waiting on today's mail...that means only 11 more to go...
Thanks for all the great images so far...it's neat to see how others see...

raid
02-23-2013, 08:35
Without having checked the mail today, I have twenty one beautiful cards.

MartinP
02-23-2013, 08:40
After delays and a mistake mine went in to the post today. I wasn't expecting to send any to Antarctica, but none going to Africa, Asia or South America actually surprised me a little. Most are for the USA of course, but that was expected due to the larger number of active RFF'rs over there.

jcrutcher
02-23-2013, 14:51
It's been good days. Up to 27 total.

16. Keith....Great shot of buzzards sitting watch over canyon. Excellent tones also.
18. Harry...I like the color and different lines. My eyes went right to the rust on the roof.
22. Randy... Lovely family shot at the fair. Love the blur and colors. I do think you should enter this in competition, excellent!
23. Helen....Strong eyes!
24. Greg... Time lapse road way.
25. Gavin....Very mysterious, basement maybe?
26. I believe it's Martin from Nederland. Surfing in a rushing river, what a rush that would be.
27. John... beautiful overcast buildings and river. I like the low saturation also.

randolph45
02-23-2013, 15:23
Total so far 24:)

aliceinwonderland
02-23-2013, 15:31
I love all the cards i'm receiving from you guys! Every card i'm receiving is another surprise, thanks!

Hugs,
Alice

seakayaker1
02-23-2013, 18:09
To date I have received 21 cards . . . . . (cleaning up a bit today and found one!)

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
19. Ken (KenD) Hampton, NB, Canada
21. Kent (kdemas) San Fransico, CA

xx. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA[/QUOTE]

seakayaker1
02-23-2013, 18:18
I love all the cards i'm receiving from you guys! Every card i'm receiving is another surprise, thanks!

Hugs,
Alice

Alice,

I thought it was a very sweet gesture having you receive the postcards and was happy to hear you are enjoying them!

seakayaker1
02-25-2013, 22:27
Three postcards arrived today, two from Australia and one from the Isle of Wright in the UK! . . . . .

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
19. Ken (KenD) Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada
22. Helen (ricnak) Brookside, Queensland, Australia
23. Greg (astro8) Dulwich Hill, New South Wales, Australia
24. Gavin (Gavin R) Newport, Isle of Wright, UK

With a total of 36 participants it is great to know that I may yet see 11 more postcards arrive over the next few weeks!

Yahoo!

dct
02-26-2013, 00:23
Three postcards arrived today, two from Australia and one from the Isle of Wright in the UK! . . . . .

Like the previous projects, your list is very helpful Dan.

My count is the same, adding only these two additional cards:
Frank (motion-runner)
Don (Don Parsons)

motion_runner
02-26-2013, 03:53
Like the previous projects, your list is very helpful Dan.

My count is the same, adding only these two additional cards:
Frank (motion-runner)
Don (Don Parsons)

Dan, I noticed that you did not mention my card. All my cards went out between the 4th and 9th of this month. If you did not receive it let me know, I have some spares left.

raid
02-26-2013, 05:07
I am still at twenty one cards, with an empty mailbox for the past three days.

seakayaker1
02-26-2013, 08:14
Dan, I noticed that you did not mention my card. All my cards went out between the 4th and 9th of this month. If you did not receive it let me know, I have some spares left.

Frank, I would appreciate it if you could send another postcard.

It is a very kind offer!

marcr1230
02-26-2013, 08:52
I'm at 27 cards as of yesterday - I stand in awe of everyone's talents

nikon_sam
02-26-2013, 09:57
I'm at 27 cards as of yesterday - I stand in awe of everyone's talents

Me too...no...28...I got a two-fer from Aussie Land...Helen & Greg sent theirs together...smart way to go...:D
Yesterday's came from Jim & Cheryl Crutcher...beautiful colors...

Don Parsons
02-26-2013, 16:21
Hi Dan,
If mine doesn't show up, I'll just post another Dan.

I mailed mine pretty early so you should have gotten it by now.

don

raid
02-26-2013, 16:24
I am at card 24 today.

eyesglassy
02-26-2013, 18:18
Two of the best cards I've received so far were from jcrutcher.

jweber3rd
02-26-2013, 18:23
I just mailed my postcards today. Sorry for the delay. I have received 21 beautiful postcards to date.

jcrutcher
02-27-2013, 21:00
Two of the best cards I've received so far were from jcrutcher.

Thats awful nice of you to say, thank you!

Jim

seakayaker1
02-27-2013, 21:58
Hi Dan,
If mine doesn't show up, I'll just post another Dan.

I mailed mine pretty early so you should have gotten it by now.

don

Thank you Don!

Every once in a while a piece of mail goes missing. I don't believe it is anyone stealing, just the occasional piece or two or . . . . . ends up at someone else's house. I know on occasion I receive a piece of mail for somebody that lives at my address on 4th Ave, just not my section of town. The city has a NE, N, NW, E, SE, SW, ect. I usually circle the address and put it back in the mailbox with a yellow sticker saying wrong house address.

..... who really knows where the lost mail goes, it's like socks in the laundry. ;)

I look forward to receiving your card Don!

BTW, I did send them out a couple of weeks ago as well and they should have reached their destinations by now. If anyone is missing one of mine let me know and I'll be happy to send another as I do have extras.

Also, no postcards again today . . . . .

jcrutcher
02-28-2013, 19:08
It's been good days. Up to 27 total.

22. Randy... Lovely family shot at the fair. Love the blur and colors. I do think you should enter this in competition, excellent!
26. I believe it's Martin from Nederland. Surfing in a rushing river, what a rush that would be.
27. John... beautiful overcast buildings and river. I like the low saturation also.

Many different photo's to study.
Jim

seakayaker1
03-02-2013, 14:59
A great start to the day when I left the house early this morning there were two postcards in the mail box. They were not there last evening when I got home with the rest of the mail, so someone who received them took the time to drop them off at my house. A random act of kindness, a great way to start the day!

Then when I got home this afternoon there were three more, including one from Frank (motion_runner) who sent a second card after the first one did not arrive! Thank you Frank!

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
25. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
26. John (jweber3rd) Atlanta, GA
27. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
28. Martin (MartinP) Nijmegen, Nederland
29. Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany

So with 30 cards, including my own, there are 14 color and 16 black & white.

With a total of 36 participants it would be great to still see six more postcards arrive at the house!

Thanks everyone for the great work.

Yahoo!

MartinP
03-02-2013, 15:12
Many different photo's to study.
Jim

I'm glad my postcards eventually seem to be arriving in places (at Seakayaker1 for example), but the surfing one you mentioned isn't from me!

I have received twenty-nine, with the last one of those being delivered today. Thank to everyone for all their effort! :)

jcrutcher
03-02-2013, 15:26
Up to 28 from today!

28. Robert....wonderful crosswalk photo. I can't make out the camera? X7? Is that a cell phone? or is it X1 Leica?

Thank you all, I'm enjoying round 3! Many talented photographers from around the world to learn from.[/QUOTE]

Gavin R
03-02-2013, 19:27
Gavin....Very mysterious, basement maybe?

I was renting a locals house in Gaza with a rooftop terrace and noticed what I thought was fire smoke from a residential compound area, apx midnight. When I got there it turned out to be 7 or so locals with angle grinders who were shaping marble tables for a new hotel, shaping them with electric angle grinders. In total there were probably 25-30 people involved or watching. Of them there were two people who came forward and unwittingly gave me the ticket to use a flash, all be it with a snood.
I knew the result I wanted but I was experimenting with masking snoods for effects and I only had the last snood I had used with me. I had enough reusable tape for the top but the bottom.....

Tonal Contrast.

I love film.

randolph45
03-02-2013, 20:31
Four more cards in last two days:)
Two from Europe Martin P/Robert Blu.
J Weber/G Gunn East coast USA:)
Total =31 + Mine and one extra card sent

robert blu
03-03-2013, 02:56
Up to 28 from today!

28. Robert.... is it X1 Leica?

Yes, it is a Leica x1, the only digital camera I own. Now not sure in a few weeks ;)

Nice to know you like the photo, thanks.

robert

Don Parsons
03-03-2013, 09:59
If anyone didn't receive a card from me, send me a pm and I'll send another.
Dan, I'm addressing yours now.

don parsons

seakayaker1
03-04-2013, 22:06
I got home this afternoon and there was one postcard in the box!

Thanks Greg!

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
30. Greg Gunn (pggunn) Greensboro, NC

So with 31 cards, including my own, there are 15 color and 16 black & white.

It would be great to still see five more postcards arrive at the house!

If anyone didn't receive a card from me, send me a pm and I'll send another.

Dan, I'm addressing yours now.

don parsons

Thank You Don!

. . . . . and thanks everyone for the great work.

Yahoo!

krötenblender
03-05-2013, 03:00
Today I got a free beer from pggunn. I received 31 cards as of today, and it is again a really nice collection of totally different photographs. Looking forward to the last few.

rbiemer
03-05-2013, 05:35
As of yesterday, I have 30 excellent cards.
My job this winter has been a bit more of a pita than usual so having these come in to brighten up my days has been important to me. SO:

Thank all of you for the lovely photos and the time you have spent on this!

Very appreciatively,
Rob

jcrutcher
03-05-2013, 17:34
Just hit 30, 32 including my two.

26. Who is did this? Surfing in a rushing river, what a rush that would be.
28. Robert....wonderful crosswalk photo. I can't make out the camera? X7? Is that a cell phone? or is it X1 Leica?
29. Greg.... Love the Grey Lady Ale
30. Valentino... Art and the City. I like the man walking through on his cell. Modern life mixed with art

Thank you all, I'm enjoying round 3! Many talented photographers from around the world to learn from.[/QUOTE]

seakayaker1
03-08-2013, 17:59
I got home this afternoon and there was one postcard in the box!

Thanks Don!

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
31. Don (Don Parsons) St. Peters, MO

So with 32 cards, including my own, there are 16 color and 16 black & white.

It would be great to still see five more postcards arrive at the house!

Hopefully, still to arrive Ralph (CT), Joe (OH), Andrew (KY), Fred (UK) and Valentino Switzerland.

Jim has received cards from Ralph & Valentino, so hopefully there are more making their way . . . . . .

Anyone who has not received a card from me let me know and I will send another along, I do have some extras.

Pretty impressive group of cards!

Thanks everyone!

MartinP
03-09-2013, 08:20
This morning I found a card in my letterbox which had apparently been posted twice?! Franked stamps on both the card and on the envelope it was enclosed in. Maybe the post service sent the card to the return address instead of the intended one?! Thank you Rover :)

krötenblender
03-09-2013, 15:01
This morning I found a card in my letterbox which had apparently been posted twice?! Franked stamps on both the card and on the envelope it was enclosed in. Maybe the post service sent the card to the return address instead of the intended one?! Thank you Rover :)

Same here, rovers "sweet" card :cool: had stamps on it and came in an envelope also stamped.

Anyway, my 2 year old son loved the image...;)

kdemas
03-09-2013, 15:31
If anyone didn't get my "Santa's Helper" card let me know and I'll send another. I have a few extras.

Kent

seakayaker1
03-09-2013, 16:47
Another day and another postcard!

Thanks Ralph!

. . . . . like some others had mentioned Ralph's postcard arrived in a stamped envelope with identical stamps on the card as well.

18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
31. Don (Don Parsons) St. Peters, MO
32. Ralph (Rover) Manchester, CT

So with 33 cards, including my own, there are now 17 color and 16 black & white.

It would be great to still see four more postcards arrive at the house!

Hopefully, still to arrive Joe (OH), Andrew (KY), Fred (UK) and Valentino Switzerland.

Jim has received a card from Valentino, so hopefully there is at least one more making its way here . . . . . .

Anyone who has not received a card from me let me know and I will send another along, I do have some extras.

A beautiful group of cards!

Thanks everyone!

rover
03-09-2013, 17:02
. . . . . like some others had mentioned Ralph's postcard arrived in a stamped envelope with identical stamps on the card as well.

You are welcome..... I had mailed all my cards but a bunch were returned to me because I included a return address on the card. A no no for postcards I now know. The special batch are out again, this time in envelopes.

randolph45
03-09-2013, 21:21
You are welcome..... I had mailed all my cards but a bunch were returned to me because I included a return address on the card. A no no for postcards I now know. The special batch are out again, this time in envelopes.

My cards have a return address upper left hand corner and none came back to me except the one I mailed to myself. Puzzled by your returns.

Just looked at your card and see what I think happened.
Since your return address is on the same plane as the receipient the auto scanner must have picked up your address first and sorted it back to you.