PDA

View Full Version : Rff Postcard Project 3!

Pages : 1 [2]

seakayaker1
03-09-2013, 21:27
You are welcome..... I had mailed all my cards but a bunch were returned to me because I included a return address on the card. A no no for postcards I now know. The special batch are out again, this time in envelopes.

Ralph, I just looked at the postcard again and this time I noticed that the stamps had a cancellation mark on them. My keen eyes missed that fact when I first opened the envelope.

Thanks once again for the beautiful postcard!

and . . . . . on the bright side you certainly have bragging rights for receiving the most postcards in Rff Postcard Project 3! :D

;)

Don Parsons
03-14-2013, 10:28
My count is at 27, I know a few probably went around the corner to a similar address to mine.

Hoping the last few come trickling in!

raid
03-14-2013, 10:54
I am still at 30 cards.

Papercut
03-15-2013, 04:03
I'm at 34. It's been a great go-round this time!

seakayaker1
03-15-2013, 16:07
After a short dry spell another postcard arrived in the mailbox today!

Thanks Joe!

grianghraf álainn, Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona

1. Randy (randolph45) ~ Sacramento, CA
2. John (jesse1dog) ~ Tywyn, UK
3. Chris (cjm) ~ Los Angeles, CA
4. Eric (Nebulon) ~ West Fargo, ND
5. Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
6. Sam (nikon sam) Alta Loma, CA
7. Marc (marcr1230) Chicago, IL
8. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
9. Raid (raid) Pensacola, FL
10. Kevin (papercut) New Rochelle, NY
11. Jan (jpa66) Chicago, IL
12. Vasco (v roma) Detroit, MI
13. Ming (merciless49) San Diego, CA
14. Lawrence (ncc1701) Astoria, NY
15. Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
16. Keith (kxl) Chino Hills, CA
17. Russell (russelljtdyer) Milan, Italy
18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
19. Ken (KenD) Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada
20. Harry (hteasley) Walpole, MA
21. Kent (kdemas) San Fransico, CA
22. Helen (ricnak) Brookside, Queensland, Australia
23. Greg (astro8) Dulwich Hill, New South Wales, Australia
24. Gavin (Gavin R) Newport, Isle of Wright, UK
25. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
26. John (jweber3rd) Atlanta, GA
27. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
28. Martin (MartinP) Nijmegen, Nederland
29. Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany
30. Greg Gunn (pggunn) Greensboro, NC
31. Don (Don Parsons) St. Peters, MO
32. Ralph (Rover) Manchester, CT
33. Joe (eyesglassy) Euclid, OH

xx. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA

So with 34 cards, including my own, there are now 18 color and 16 black & white.

It would be great to still see three more postcards arrive at the house!

Hopefully, still to arrive Andrew (KY), Fred (UK) and Valentino Switzerland.

Jim has received a card from Valentino, so hopefully there is at least one more making its way here . . . . . .

Anyone who has not received a card from me let me know and I will send another along, I do have some extras.

A beautiful group of cards!

Thanks everyone!

eyesglassy
03-15-2013, 21:25
Thank you too Dan. My list is the same as yours.

eyesglassy
03-19-2013, 07:55
Just received a great card from Valentino in Switzerland. That puts my list at 35. It's a beautiful collection!

nikon_sam
03-19-2013, 10:34
I have the same list as Dan's plus one from Valentino...hopefully, two more to come...
Very nice group of photos...

randolph45
03-19-2013, 18:21
Eyesglassy's card arrived today:):):)

jcrutcher
03-19-2013, 18:35
I'm up to 32, 34 counting mine.

1. Ralph.. beautiful photo of pastries!
2. Don... Antique airplane...Don are you flying?
3. Nikon Sam..B&W medium format hip shot of a pretty girl, love the OOF
4. Frank... Perfect Pivilion in Barcelona..I like the lines.
5 Stephen.... Dancing in the streets.. Very nice descreet street shot. (what film Stephen?)
6. Dan.. I like the roses and feel of the scene
7. Marc...Beautiful Arches, I need to go, not far from Phoenix
8. Raid... I'm not sure what I like the most, the outstanding photo or the story how you go it! Stamps are fun too.
9. Chris... Like the different Cactus, the wall and red curb make it interesting
10.....Eric busy scene with the men's faces drawing you into the photo. Very nice!
11. Kevin... I've been to that fair, crazy fun! I'm sure you took a lot of photo's.
12. Ming... Love the color! very rich and person makes it perfect.
13. Jan... Wonderful lines and structures
14. Rob... Stalks in the water. took me awhile to orientate it properly. Nice capture!
15. Vasco...Perfect timing with man walking by the Bogota sign
16. Keith....Great shot of buzzards sitting watch over canyon. Excellent tones also.
17. Landrew...Double wide and double the fun! Love the clouds!
18. Harry...I like the color and different lines. My eyes went right to the rust on the roof.
19. Ken... Young lady is so sexy even the mural is staring.
20. Russell.... Peaceful Italian beach, is that film?
21. Kent... Rain doesn't stop Santa's Helper! Perfect timing-moment!
22. Randy... Lovely family shot at the fair. Love the blur and colors. I do think you should enter this in competition, excellent!
23. Helen....Strong eyes!
24. Greg... Time lapse road way.
25. Gavin....Very mysterious, basement maybe?
26. Who is did this? Surfing in a rushing river, what a rush that would be.
27. John... beautiful overcast buildings and river. I like the low saturation also.
28. Robert....wonderful crosswalk photo. I can't make out the camera? X7? Is that a cell phone? or is it X1 Leica?
29. Greg.... Love the Grey Lady Ale
30. Valentino... Art and the City. I like the man walking through on his cell. Modern life mixed with art
31. Martin...beautiful B&W of restaurant in Istanbul
32. Joe.... St Patty's day lady on the street

dct
03-20-2013, 03:05
I have the same list as Dan's plus one from Valentino...hopefully, two more to come...
Very nice group of photos...

Glad to see my cards are making it also over the pond. Even at slow speed...

robert blu
03-20-2013, 05:58
Received yesterday one from eyeglassy, beautiful, thanks Joe!
robert

ricnak
03-21-2013, 02:16
my apologies for being a total slack cow when it comes to saying thank you!

each week i trudge down to the post office to find RFF postcard treasure. I have recently gone back to study and find myself unconsciously chanting "all work and no play makes jack (insert "helen") a dull boy (insert "helen").

The postcards are a wonderful reminder that life does exist! I am up to #32, great participation. Today's postcard was from Greg - the nice full pint of beer. So here I sit, escaping study and re enacting his postcard. Cheers to you all!

h.

astro8
03-21-2013, 02:43
We must both be slackers, Helen. I haven't even got around to counting mine yet!
I do know that I have a nice pile of some wonderful postcards.

Thanks go to all who participated.

randolph45
03-21-2013, 11:55
I'm up to 32, 34 counting mine.

1. Ralph.. beautiful photo of pastries!
2. Don... Antique airplane...Don are you flying?
3. Nikon Sam..B&W medium format hip shot of a pretty girl, love the OOF
4. Frank... Perfect Pivilion in Barcelona..I like the lines.
5 Stephen.... Dancing in the streets.. Very nice descreet street shot. (what film Stephen?)
6. Dan.. I like the roses and feel of the scene
7. Marc...Beautiful Arches, I need to go, not far from Phoenix
8. Raid... I'm not sure what I like the most, the outstanding photo or the story how you go it! Stamps are fun too.
9. Chris... Like the different Cactus, the wall and red curb make it interesting
10.....Eric busy scene with the men's faces drawing you into the photo. Very nice!
11. Kevin... I've been to that fair, crazy fun! I'm sure you took a lot of photo's.
12. Ming... Love the color! very rich and person makes it perfect.
13. Jan... Wonderful lines and structures
14. Rob... Stalks in the water. took me awhile to orientate it properly. Nice capture!
15. Vasco...Perfect timing with man walking by the Bogota sign
16. Keith....Great shot of buzzards sitting watch over canyon. Excellent tones also.
17. Landrew...Double wide and double the fun! Love the clouds!
18. Harry...I like the color and different lines. My eyes went right to the rust on the roof.
19. Ken... Young lady is so sexy even the mural is staring.
20. Russell.... Peaceful Italian beach, is that film?
21. Kent... Rain doesn't stop Santa's Helper! Perfect timing-moment!
22. Randy... Lovely family shot at the fair. Love the blur and colors. I do think you should enter this in competition, excellent!
23. Helen....Strong eyes!
24. Greg... Time lapse road way.
25. Gavin....Very mysterious, basement maybe?
26. Who is did this? Surfing in a rushing river, what a rush that would be.
27. John... beautiful overcast buildings and river. I like the low saturation also.
28. Robert....wonderful crosswalk photo. I can't make out the camera? X7? Is that a cell phone? or is it X1 Leica?
29. Greg.... Love the Grey Lady Ale
30. Valentino... Art and the City. I like the man walking through on his cell. Modern life mixed with art
31. Martin...beautiful B&W of restaurant in Istanbul
32. Joe.... St Patty's day lady on the street

Jim
What country or state is #26 from?
I don't see a card like that here in my pile.
My total is 35 which includes yours and mine.

jcrutcher
03-21-2013, 19:45
Jim
What country or state is #26 from?
I don't see a card like that here in my pile.
My total is 35 which includes yours and mine.

The river is in Munich and the stamp is Nederland. It says nothing about RFF Postcard Project 3. Signed Cor of Gok

Help!

randolph45
03-21-2013, 20:04
The river is in Munich and the stamp is Nederland. It says nothing about RFF Postcard Project 3. Signed Cor of Gok

Help!

Must have sent more than one image under Cor or Cok.
Mine is Devils mt in Berlin American Spy post with geodesic dome installation.Mailed from Amsterdam with Nederland stamp.I am guessing It is Cork

jcrutcher
03-21-2013, 20:13
Must have sent more than one image under Cor or Cok.
Mine is Devils mt in Berlin American Spy post with geodesic dome installation.Mailed from Amsterdam with Nederland stamp.I am guessing It is Cork

Sounds like the same sender. Who is he/she???

Jim

randolph45
03-21-2013, 20:25
Sounds like the same sender. Who is he/she???f

Jim

I am guessing TEASELYS girlfriend. Did you send her a supprise card like he asked?

kxl
03-21-2013, 20:28
Sounds like the same sender. Who is he/she???

Jim

I just checked the address list. There are only two on the list from the Netherlands, and I believe they are boyfriend/girlfriend: Martin Price and Alice Schaper.

I do remember a request (Martin's???) to send a postcard to his girlfriend even though she wasn't an RFF member. I think there was consensus agreement to comply with the request.

I have 35 cards, counting mine.

Thanks to everyone.

eyesglassy
03-22-2013, 02:48
My card from CorK is a thru the window roofscape from "the city of love". It's very cool.

MartinP
03-22-2013, 03:19
I just checked the address list. There are only two on the list from the Netherlands, and I believe they are boyfriend/girlfriend: Martin Price and Alice Schaper.

This is news to me, though if Alice is really keen I suppose she could stay on my apartment balcony (a bit cold at the moment).

The "other" participant in the Netherlands was CorK, as seen on the project address list. He asked that we send the cards to his girlfriend (Alice S.) and I deduce the mystery cards are the ones sent by him to the rest of the list.

The card I received from CorK ("Cor" is a first-name in Dutch and one might guess that his family-name begins with a "K") was an interestingly chilling shot of a derelict Cold War listening post on the Teufelberg, near Berlin.

I have now received thirty-four cards. There were two cards from one address and so the mailing list of thirty-six addresses (including my own of course) seems to suggest that the world postal system has eaten two postcards which were heading in this direction.

If anyone has not received my card of Istanbul please let me know and I will send another copy.

kxl
03-22-2013, 10:32
This is news to me, though if Alice is really keen I suppose she could stay on my apartment balcony (a bit cold at the moment).

The "other" participant in the Netherlands was CorK, as seen on the project address list. He asked that we send the cards to his girlfriend (Alice S.) and I deduce the mystery cards are the ones sent by him to the rest of the list.

The card I received from CorK ("Cor" is a first-name in Dutch and one might guess that his family-name begins with a "K") was an interestingly chilling shot of a derelict Cold War listening post on the Teufelberg, near Berlin.

I have now received thirty-four cards. There were two cards from one address and so the mailing list of thirty-six addresses (including my own of course) seems to suggest that the world postal system has eaten two postcards which were heading in this direction.

If anyone has not received my card of Istanbul please let me know and I will send another copy.

Sorry... a case of mistaken identity :o

seakayaker1
03-22-2013, 16:45
My count stays the same as Jim's.

Difference is that I have a cord from John (jesse1dog) which is of beach with the title 'When the Far in Near' while Jim has received a card from Valentino which I have not received up to this point.

I also have a picture from CorK which is a view of the city of love.

My take on the discrepancy is that CorK sent out different postcards to different folks, Jim receiving a picture, # 26, of 'Surfing in a rushing river' while some received a picture of a 'Cold war listening post.'

..... anyway there is still the chance that I could receive up to three more cards from Andrew (KY), Fred (UK) and Valentino Switzerland.

Hope spring with the warmth and and light with the longer days is arriving for everyone and we can get out and about taking photographs more often!

randolph45
03-22-2013, 17:51
My count stays the same as Jim's.

Difference is that I have a cord from John (jesse1dog) which is of beach with the title 'When the Far in Near' while Jim has received a card from Valentino which I have not received up to this point.

I also have a picture from CorK which is a view of the city of love.

My take on the discrepancy is that CorK sent out different postcards to different folks, Jim receiving a picture, # 26, of 'Surfing in a rushing river' while some received a picture of a 'Cold war listening post.'

..... anyway there is still the chance that I could receive up to three more cards from Andrew (KY), Fred (UK) and Valentino Switzerland.

Hope spring with the warmth and and light with the longer days is arriving for everyone and we can get out and about taking photographs more often!

Dan
I did receive Valentino's card here on the west coast so I'm guessing it's lost in the mail for you.

seakayaker1
03-23-2013, 12:17
I nice surprise when I arrived home early this afternoon, another postcard arrived in the mailbox today!

Thank you Valentino!

1. Randy (randolph45) ~ Sacramento, CA
2. John (jesse1dog) ~ Tywyn, UK
3. Chris (cjm) ~ Los Angeles, CA
4. Eric (Nebulon) ~ West Fargo, ND
5. Stephan (krotenblender) Bremen, Germany
6. Sam (nikon sam) Alta Loma, CA
7. Marc (marcr1230) Chicago, IL
8. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
9. Raid (raid) Pensacola, FL
10. Kevin (papercut) New Rochelle, NY
11. Jan (jpa66) Chicago, IL
12. Vasco (v roma) Detroit, MI
13. Ming (merciless49) San Diego, CA
14. Lawrence (ncc1701) Astoria, NY
15. Rob (rbiemer) Raquette Lake, NY
16. Keith (kxl) Chino Hills, CA
17. Russell (russelljtdyer) Milan, Italy
18. Cor (CorK) Amsterdam
19. Ken (KenD) Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada
20. Harry (hteasley) Walpole, MA
21. Kent (kdemas) San Fransico, CA
22. Helen (ricnak) Brookside, Queensland, Australia
23. Greg (astro8) Dulwich Hill, New South Wales, Australia
24. Gavin (Gavin R) Newport, Isle of Wright, UK
25. Robert (robert blu) Busto Arsizio VA, Italy
26. John (jweber3rd) Atlanta, GA
27. Jim (jcrutcher) Phoenix, AZ
28. Martin (MartinP) Nijmegen, Nederland
29. Frank (motion_runner) Krefeld, Germany
30. Greg Gunn (pggunn) Greensboro, NC
31. Don (Don Parsons) St. Peters, MO
32. Ralph (Rover) Manchester, CT
33. Joe (eyesglassy) Euclid, OH
34. Valentino (dct) Duernten, Switzerland

xx. Dan (seakayaker1) Seattle, WA

So with 35 cards, including my own, there are now 19 color and 16 black & white.

It would be great to still see the last two postcards arrive at the house from Andrew (KY) and Fred (UK).

This has been another great experience and many thanks to Rob for pulling together the RFF postcard project 3.

If anyone has not received a card from me let me know and I will send one another along, I do have some extras.

A beautiful group of cards!

Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

dct
03-27-2013, 22:56
Hi all
Thank you for all your beautiful cards so far.
I did a triple check against the lists by Dan and Jim (you sent two cards, jcrutcher, right?)

Apart from the two missing participants Andrew (KY) and Fred (UK) I have two differences:
- My count is 34, missing Greg Gunn (pggunn) Greensboro, NCfrom both lists.

- It seems that Jim still didn't got the Cardigan Bay card (When the Far in Near) from John (jesse1dog).

@rbiemer: Thanks again for organizing this beautiful image exchange. When do you plan starting with image posting and comments? Should we wait until April 10th?

And a big thank to all participants. I learnt again from all your images.
Valentino

jcrutcher
03-27-2013, 23:23
Hi all
Thank you for all your beautiful cards so far.
I did a triple check against the lists by Dan and Jim (you sent two cards, jcrutcher, right?)

Apart from the two missing participants Andrew (KY) and Fred (UK) I have two differences:
- My count is 34, missing from both lists.

- It seems that Jim still didn't got the Cardigan Bay card (When the Far in Near) from John (jesse1dog).

@rbiemer: Thanks again for organizing this beautiful image exchange. When do you plan starting with image posting and comments? Should we wait until April 10th?

And a big thank to all participants. I learnt again from all your images.
Valentino
This has been fun! Yes I sent 2 cards. John has re-sent his card, it has not arrived yet. Cheers!!!!

rbiemer
03-28-2013, 04:03
I am not at Raquette Lake right now--am home for a few more weeks--but I am hoping that there will be a few more postcards in my mail slot when I get back up to work.
Today is 28 March, and I think we ought to wait two weeks before we start posting/discussing our photos so let's start that on 11 April.
This will give a chance for the last few to arrive.
And, also, give us a couple of months before Cyclo Quatre.
Warm regards,
Rob

ricnak
04-04-2013, 20:11
i just did the check of my cards against yours Dan and I have one extra that you did not mention. I wonder if the card from andrew that you are waiting on is the wonderful folded panorama card that I got from Landrew?

I am down 4 on your list. Looking forward to seeing them posted here at a later date.

There was an error with my postcard order. I ordered 100 (minimum number) and got like 500-600. It was a sizable box. So if anyone did not get my card I am happy to send along 10 more!

dct
04-08-2013, 01:11
I'm in.
And btw, Keith and Raid's suggestions seem like good ideas to me.

I'm still at count 34, including my own card. Thus missing yours, Gregor. Are there any other participants missing exactly this one?

rbiemer
04-16-2013, 07:17
SO, I have got 34 cards as of Saturday 13 April. An outstanding turn out, everyone!
Again, thank you all for the enthusiasm and effort you all showed for this project.
I will be doing another round, probably end of June or early July.
As usual, I've gotten a nice pile of excellent photos from all of you. Using the dedicated email address seemed to work prety well for this round and I will be using that address again. Don't think I'll change the mechanics of how I organize these.

One other thing:
Let's see what we all sent!

Here's the photo I sent:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HMmhTrZNxn8/UW1l483VKPI/AAAAAAAAFBA/5xi_CQtK814/s541/water+and+grass_edited4+-+Copy.jpg

Another BW view of the lake I work and live at. I did consider a color photo but ended up going with this one, I thought it was a stronger composition and more suited to the small 4 x 6 size.
A few folks mentioned that it took a minute to figure out the orientation for this...a failing on my part I suppose.
In part because of Paulfish's "Minimal" thread here at RFF, I have been shooting a lot of stuff like this; simple, spare compositions.
Thank you all for playing!
Rob

kdemas
04-16-2013, 13:48
Here was mine.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8323/8406838907_7be0c5f2d3_z_d.jpg

Don Parsons
04-16-2013, 14:15
My picture is of one of my good friends, Al Stix, doing what he loves. Al is the owner of the airport where I keep my little airplane and as a local businessman, he collects airplanes like some of us collect cameras :-)

The picture is of him flying his freshly restored Curtiss Canuck (Canadian Jenny) for the first time on a beautiful sunday morning.

What was really cool was that after he flew it, he offered it to me and I got to solo the Canuck!

eyesglassy
04-16-2013, 16:21
St. Patrick's Day 2012 in Cleveland was a perfect storm. It was Saturday and very hot. I think there were a million toasted people downtown. I took this with an XA2 while walking. The film was long expired Gold 200 exposed at 100. I liked this one because the girl was at an intersection with traffic lights on her head. It's a good representation of my bad technique.

I want to thank everyone who shared their amazing work with me. Especially the members overseas because it costs them a lot more. And big thanks to Rob for organizing.

I'd do it again,

Cheers!

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95523&stc=1&d=1366158005

kxl
04-16-2013, 16:42
This was mine. My wife and I decided to join one of those day-tour buses from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, opting to see the West Rim (our first time to the West Rim) rather than the more famous and more popular South Rim. I was setting up for another shot when this one just presented itself - right time, right place, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for your postcards.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/23043/med_U23043I1358647215.SEQ.0.jpg

eyesglassy
04-16-2013, 17:01
"Right place, right time". Keith's card was a jaw dropper. I forgot to mention how much family, friend's and postal workers enjoy this project too.

raid
04-16-2013, 17:11
This was my card:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3565/med_U3565I1154828419.SEQ.0.jpg

It was published in an article of mine in Shutterbug magazine many years ago. I wanted to listen to the traditional jazz played inside the Preservation Hall in New Orleans, but there were hundreds of people before me in line, so I took some shots from outside the Hall.

kxl
04-16-2013, 17:13
"Right place, right time". Keith's card was a jaw dropper. I forgot to mention how much family, friend's and postal workers enjoy this project too.

Thanks for your kind words.

Papercut
04-17-2013, 03:17
Mine was a self portrait ... I jest. A cooperative Minnie Mouse, with droopy ears, at SF's infamous leather and fetish shinding: The Folsom Street Fair (2010 iirc).

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4092/5175984866_93281b1e1c_o.jpg

randolph45
04-17-2013, 10:07
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8655434091_1ec1cc8266_c.jpg

jcrutcher
04-17-2013, 13:48
Rob, Thank you again for doing this! It made going to the mail box fun again.

Here is the first one I sent.

This wash is about 1/2 from my home in Phoenix. Normally the undergrowth and broken branches wraps around the trunk. We had a heavy rain the night before and all the stuff washed away. I was on a 2 hour hike with a Rolleiflex GX and a M8. I shot 4 rolls of film and had 1 exposure left. As I walked thru the wash I noticed the lighting and clean trunk. What the heck I took the shot. It's one of my favorites all time.

Ilford FP4, lens wide open F2.8, hand held. Kitchen sink developed in D76. I did crop it to fit the post card. This is the uncroped version.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8460/7885130206_3b5148a59b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/7885130206/)
Scan-120828-0005.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/7885130206/) by rootbeer2004 (http://www.flickr.com/people/rootbeer2004/), on Flickr

jcrutcher
04-17-2013, 13:58
The second postcard I sent (I couldn't decide on B&W or color) was shot in San Francisco. My wife has this favorite tree on one of our walking routes. We like to watch the changing seasons by the change in the tree. When we're at our Phoenix home we don't have changing seasons so it's fun. We've watched this tree for 10 years! I don't even know what type of tree it is, can someone help me with that? Anyway it was the beginning of fall last year and the leaves were dropping so there it was right in front of me. Color and more color, notice the moss on the ground too.

I used a M9-P with a 50mm Summilux Version 2. I believe MOO boosted the saturation a little for the post card. Thank you for enjoying my photographs.

Jim

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8476/8132897228_be84ca7721_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/8132897228/)
Gorgeous day in San Francisco (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/8132897228/) by rootbeer2004 (http://www.flickr.com/people/rootbeer2004/), on Flickr

kdemas
04-17-2013, 14:14
The bottom of the tree makes me guess it might be a Birch tree Jim. Just a guess.

Kent

The second postcard I sent (I couldn't decide on B&W or color) was shot in San Francisco. My wife has this favorite tree on one of our walking routes. We like to watch the changing seasons by the change in the tree. When we're at our Phoenix home we don't have changing seasons so it's fun. We've watched this tree for 10 years! I don't even know what type of tree it is, can someone help me with that? Anyway it was the beginning of fall last year and the leaves were dropping so there it was right in front of me. Color and more color, notice the moss on the ground too.

I used a M9-P with a 50mm Summilux Version 2. I believe MOO boosted the saturation a little for the post card. Thank you for enjoying my photographs.

Jim

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8476/8132897228_be84ca7721_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/8132897228/)
Gorgeous day in San Francisco (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rootbeer2004/8132897228/) by rootbeer2004 (http://www.flickr.com/people/rootbeer2004/), on Flickr

dct
04-26-2013, 23:12
art & the city
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/41720/U41720I1367045945.SEQ.0.jpg (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/showphoto.php?photoid=205932)

It was an outdoor art exposition (http://www.artandthecity.ch/en/)spread all over the whole city of Zurich. This installation is AHEAD ONLY, 2012, by Bettina Postuttchi.
In a few weeks I walked many kilometers, covering just 1/3 of the exposition. For the whole project I used Kodak Gold 200 in the Hexar RF. This image was shot with CV28/3.5 @f16 1/60s.

I made a mistake during the order at moo.com, forgetting to delete the enhancement mark. Thus the printed card has too dark shadows than intended.

merciless49
04-29-2013, 05:50
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/6618662075_c82188d1bf_z.jpg
"Running Towards Something", Morro Bay, CA. Taken with Panasonic GF1 with 20mm f1.7, stitched two images together.

Took this during a road trip through central California coast. This was at Morro Bay at the beach looking toward Morro Rock. We were hanging out snapping lots of pictures of the amazing sunset, one of the best I've ever seen in terms of colors, and I spotted this person running on the strand. Was happy to get the amazing saturation of color and silhouettes in the end result. When printing using Moo I cropped the image a bit on either side, so this was close to, but not the exact image that was the postcard.

ricnak
05-06-2013, 13:56
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7285/8714753803_113f236739_c.jpg

This was my effort for Round 3. I had left the job of choosing a picture until very late and I was determined not to do another beach shot. Then my computer died. No problem, I had a 2012 pics saved on an external drive. Got a new computer to discover that my external drive had also died. Not a good feeling. So i grabbed the nearest child, my young son, and took this pic. Taken with the M9 and 75cron.

I resolve to be more organized next time. Thanks to all those who got involved. It was nice to see some new names in the list. There were were some great postcards.

A big thanks to Rob for doing all the organizing. I have MANY spares and am happy to post again if anyone did not get one.

Cheers
helen

robert blu
05-07-2013, 03:02
Strolling in Milan with my wife and the Leica x1. I'm interested in intersections (crossroads are called like this now), it was late afternoon and waiting for the green light I just snapped this photo. Iso 1600, f=5,6, 1/15 sec.
I take opportinity to thanks all the friends who took part in this project.
robert

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3692/U3692I1352922087.SEQ.0.jpg

seakayaker1
05-16-2013, 09:45
This picture was taken at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks also know as the Ballard Locks here in Seattle. Information can be found about the locks that were completed in 1917.

http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/LocksandDams/ChittendenLocks.aspx

The building in the photograph contains the controls for raising and lowering the water in the small lock. There is a rose bush growing out of the stone walk way at both the east and west end of the small lock control room. the photograph is of the east end of the contol building.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6070/6101773019_6ec92f4654_b.jpg

I walk the grounds quite often and offers a wealth of photographic opportunities. People (locals, tourists, and employees), flowers, ships large and small, birds, seals, and salmon running through the fish ladder and music concerts in the summer time. I find the locks beautiful during all seasons of the year as well as activity since it is open for vessel traffic 24 hours a day, although the grounds itself are open to the public from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.

Photo samples of the locks that I have taken can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157630888792356/with/6101773019/

A wonderful project and look forward to the RFF Postcard 4 project!

nikon_sam
05-25-2013, 13:25
Just got one today from Randy Zauher...I showed it to the Misses and she thought it was another Postcard Project...she asked where the others were (I thought she saw them) so we sat down a looked at them together...

Thanks Randy...

randolph45
05-28-2013, 21:37
Randy Z 's card came today :)
Great to get another one:)
Thanks
Randy T

dct
05-30-2013, 09:37
I got it too. How fun is that so many weeks after the 1st closing!
Beautiful. Thank you Randy (Z).

rbiemer
06-03-2013, 20:07
I got Randy's card Thursday last week,( I think, the days are running together a bit for me right now.) and was very happily surprised to get another card for part 3!

In a month or so, I think part 4 should get under way, folks and I can only hope the turn out for that one is as good as it has been for this one!
Thanks every one,
Rob

eyesglassy
06-04-2013, 03:57
Randy's Roller Derby card was an awesome surprise. Thanks!

bonatto
06-14-2013, 08:11
I've been very late on this one, sorry, but finally managed to get the cards out, I hope you guys like them!

Cheers,

rbiemer
06-18-2013, 15:17
I've been very late on this one, sorry, but finally managed to get the cards out, I hope you guys like them!

Cheers,

Just got your card today!
A beautiful photo, thank you for sharing this with us.
Rob

nikon_sam
06-18-2013, 15:51
Yup..I got it yesterday...a very nice surprise...

seakayaker1
06-18-2013, 16:10
It has been a very pleasant surprise receiving a card from Randy and Fred.

Loved them both . . . . .

. . . . . life's little treats.

kdemas
06-18-2013, 16:16
Got Fred's yesterday. Nice to see one last card make it to the mailbox!

randolph45
06-19-2013, 20:32
Great card from from Fred came yesterday:)

perzpective
06-28-2013, 12:50
I'd love to be involved with the next one! Any news on when or where to find out more info on that?

ricnak
06-29-2013, 19:43
I picked up two more cards this morning. One from Russell - a classic postcard shot and one from Fred. Fred, your Burma photo arrived absolutely perfect. Amazing that a photograph can travel so far in the mail system and be undamaged.

Looking forward to round 4.

Cheers all.

rbiemer
06-30-2013, 05:04
In about another week or so, I will start round 4, please do join us these are great fun!
When I do start RFF post card project instanz vier, I will post a link here in this thread to the new thread.
Rob

I'd love to be involved with the next one! Any news on when or where to find out more info on that?

perzpective
06-30-2013, 23:10
In about another week or so, I will start round 4, please do join us these are great fun!
When I do start RFF post card project instanz vier, I will post a link here in this thread to the new thread.
Rob

Awesome! Thanks for the update, looking forwàrd to it!

rbiemer
07-14-2013, 11:21
o, part 4 is underway as of a minute ago. See here:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2179512#post2179512

I think I covered everything in that post but if I've missed something, please post there and let me know!
Rob

bonatto
07-14-2013, 11:37
I picked up two more cards this morning. One from Russell - a classic postcard shot and one from Fred. Fred, your Burma photo arrived absolutely perfect. Amazing that a photograph can travel so far in the mail system and be undamaged.

Looking forward to round 4.

Cheers all.

Grad to hear it made it alright! I figured that the labels would help it out and stiffen it a bit. Judging by other photos that have been carried inside backpacks, bent, creased, and otherwise abused.....faith in photo paper!

jesse1dog
07-14-2013, 12:14
Hi Fred

Slightly battered card arrived a couple of days ago - thank you very much, very pleased to have it.
I'll now get out the rest, add yours and have another good look at the collection.
Slightly ironic when Round 4 is just about to start.

jesse