PDA

View Full Version : Print Swap Autumn 2011

Mauro
09-16-2011, 12:01
Dear RFF friends,
it is time for another print swap! But before explaining the rules, I want to thank Mike Sojournerphoto for his efforts in organizing the last edition.

Here are the basic rules:
1) prints should be sized around 8 x 10 inches
2) silver halide prints (for B/W) - lab prints (for colour) - inkjet prints are accepted; feel free to chose the print method that best represents your photographic work
3) after sign ups are closed, I will draw the names and post the list in this thread. Each pair should try to mail the print within a week of notification
4) in case of an odd number of participants, one group will contain 3 names so that everyone is involved. If so, these 3 participants will make and mail 2 prints but they will receive 2 prints
5) please consider this is an international project: you may be paired with a participant from a far country, so be prepared to pay for international postage accordingly
6) sign up will close on September 25 2011: the names will be drawn and then I will notify everybody of their partners. If you have joined previous editions, please let me know who you have been paired with and I will form another pair accordingly.

To sign up, PM or email me (mauphoto AT leonardo DOT it) with the following data:
RFF user name
email address
real name
mailing address
previous swap partners (if applicable)

The swap is a great way for sharing photographic knowledge and experiences (and for making friends!), therefore it depends entirely upon the user participation: the more participants involved, the more fun and variety everybody has.
I do hope everything is clear, by the way do not hesitate to ask for any further question.

To Moderators: can this be made a sticky to replace the previous print swaps? Thanks

brainwood
09-16-2011, 12:20
sounds like fun Mauro

Count me in - email sent

sojournerphoto
09-18-2011, 11:54
I'll join in. PM sent.

Mike

blackwave
09-18-2011, 20:14
I'm in as long as some people actually sign up! I'm kind of surprised.. these things usually take off quickly.

Maybe I'll offer up something interesting to tempt people in.. like a split toned lith print, or maybe a bromoil if I'm feeling really ambitious in the darkroom that day. :)

Mauro
09-18-2011, 23:53
Dear RFF friends, thanks for joining this project! Your names have been noted, I do hope that some other RFF friends will join it.

ChrisN
09-19-2011, 01:15
I'm in. PM sent.

sojournerphoto
09-19-2011, 03:39
Bump, come on chaps. Let's have some interest in sharing prints. It'll make a change from discussing lens signature/bags/cameras

Sparrow
09-19-2011, 04:03
I'll give it a go!

rbiemer
09-19-2011, 05:45
I'm in as well. Just sent you an email, Mauro.
Rob

bogelgelbo
09-19-2011, 09:07
E-mail sent.

palec
09-19-2011, 13:57
Hi Mauro,
count me in. Btw. the numbering is out of line, I participated in Print Swap 12, 15, 16 and in May 2010, so Print Swap 13 must have already happened in past. I think we lost the numbers anyway, so what about changing name to Print Swap Autumn 2011?

Mauro
09-19-2011, 23:53
Dear RFF friends, thanks for participating: your names have been duly noted, next Monday we will know the pairs.
With regard to the swap number, I think I have made a wrong numbering: we may call it "Print Swap Autumn 2011, as suggested by Palec.
By the way, the most important thing is to enjoy it!

To other RFF friends: do not miss the opportunity for joining such an interesting project!

perudo
09-20-2011, 14:24
I'm in if it is not too late?

johannielscom
09-20-2011, 14:46
Silly me: I sent Mauro the PM a couple of days ago but did not post here: I'm in!

plummerl
09-20-2011, 17:31
Silly me: I sent Mauro the PM a couple of days ago but did not post here: I'm in!
I'm not sure about silly :D, but I did the same thing!

Chris101
09-20-2011, 21:33
I'm in! PM and email sent.

Mauro
09-21-2011, 00:09
Dear RFF friends, all your PM and email messages have been received: next Monday we will know the pairs. I am glad to see that the number of participants is growing up and I am sure we will enjoy this opportunity; at the end we will have new photographic knowledge and - last but not least - more friends!

jesse1dog
09-22-2011, 03:06
Mauro,
I'm rather apprehensive about putting my name up for this - it's a great idea though.
Apprehensive because it's the first time I have participated in anything like this.
Apprehensive because I'm 'digital', and not even rangefinder!
Apprehensive because my print will be colour and lab processed.
Apprehensive because I think a week a short time for preparing print.
Apprehensive because I don't know what the print should represent - the sort of picture maker I try to be:the area in which I live: something, someone, somewhere would like to mount on their wall: all these things.
However I've sent you a PM to add my name to your list.

Just realised this is my 1000 posting!
J

Mauro
09-22-2011, 04:45
Dear RFF friends, thanks for joining this print swap!
The swap is a great way for sharing photographic knowledge and experiences (and for making friends!), therefore the participants are free to select the pictures: John do not be apprehensive, nobody will judge the pictures, I believe that we all can learn from other RFF friends.
Let's have fun, and hope that some other RFF friends will join us!

Mauro
09-23-2011, 06:54
Another call for this Print Swap: sign up will close next Sunday September 25, so do not miss this opportunity!

Mauro
09-24-2011, 11:00
last call for this print swap: sign-ups will close Sunday Sept. 25.
Do not miss this opportunity!

Taija71A
09-24-2011, 16:26
I think that Chris101 (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/member.php?u=13820) summed it up the best... "I'm *** ALSO *** in!"
--
PM and E-Mail sent. Thank-you.
--
Tim.
-------

bob338
09-24-2011, 16:34
I'm in.

Bob

kermaier
09-24-2011, 18:44
I'm in -- sent a PM with my info.
::Ari

Mauro
09-26-2011, 01:35
Dear friends,
sign up is closed with 21 participants: within tomorrow we will know the pairs, and every participant will be informed with an email message (I suppose I am not able to do it this evening, as I have to join the local windband rehearsal as every Monday evening).
Meanwhile, feel free to contact me for any further inquiry.
Ciao!

Mauro
09-27-2011, 04:31
Dear friends,
the participants have been informed via email about the pairs: please feel free to contact me should for any further inquiry and help.

Enjoy the print swap!

ChrisN
09-28-2011, 22:54
Posted my print today.

sojournerphoto
10-02-2011, 12:49
Packed tonight. Will be posted tomorrow.

Thanks Mauro.

Mike

johannielscom
10-02-2011, 12:50
Will have a shot printed Tuesday and have it sent out before the end of the week.

I'm looking forward to sending my finest across the globe and hope the recipient will be pleased!

Mauro
10-03-2011, 04:38
My prints have been mailed to Mike last Saturday Oct. 1.
I do hope that all participants are enjoying this swap!

rbiemer
10-03-2011, 04:54
I haven't mailed my print yet; my latest batch of processed film should be arriving in today's mail and I want to see that before I decide which print to send.
But I will get a print into the mail by the end of this week.
Rob

jesse1dog
10-03-2011, 05:57
Prints arrived in the post this morning - selection to be made - post tomorrow all being well.

jesse

sojournerphoto
10-07-2011, 12:48
Mauro's prints have arrived - many thanks Mauro. The colour one speaks of the warm sun and Italy:) Is it local to you?

Mine were posted airmail on Tuesday.

Mike

johannielscom
10-07-2011, 12:55
Had a finger put in the cake, my mother in law is in hospital again. Fourth time an ten months, last time was only three weeks ago. Clotted arteries in the right leg. It's getting critical (in fact it has been for quite a while...).

Unlikely I will be able to swing by the print shop before Tuesday... :(

Sparrow
10-11-2011, 10:33
Well I got some lovely prints today, very generous of Chris101, thanks .... I feel cheap now having only sent him one.

Chris101
10-17-2011, 20:29
Stewart - I just got your print, it is gorgeous. I can spend even more time examining the details or just taking in the overall sensation of it. I feel like I'm the one who made out like a bandit in this swap!

ChrisN
10-20-2011, 02:58
I've just returned after 10 days away to find a packet waiting for me with not one but three lovely prints from Bob (bob338). I really like these Bob, especially as I have not handled high-quality digital prints, and I now have three excellent samples made from digital and film captures. Thank you very much! Cheers!

blackwave
10-25-2011, 13:14
I never posted on here, but I received Ned's print a couple weeks ago and it looks great! It has a timeless quality to it because of the subject, but also because of the printing. It is an older looking house in the foreground with large mountains just in the background, and the small human presence gives it a great touch.

I hope everyone else's swaps were just as fun!

Chris

palec
11-02-2011, 23:59
I have received prints from Greg. What a difference looking and touching the actual prints of other photographer compared to screen. Especially when they are on fiber paper.