PDA

View Full Version : I wish I'd never sold my...

Pages : [1] 2

Roger Hicks
05-31-2011, 14:30
... doesn't matter what. Two questions. First, why did you sell it? Second, why don't you replace it?

For me, the answers have almost always been first, I needed the money, and second, to be honest, I don't miss it that much. Occasionally, it's true, the second answer is that price is now so high that I can't afford it, or I simply can't find it; but even then, I can't help feeling that if I liked it that much, I'd find the money, or find the lens (or whatever).

What are your answers?

Cheers,

R.

Phil_F_NM
05-31-2011, 14:52
Black Konica Hexar AF.
Sold it to buy my first M2.
Now I have 2 Leica film bodies and 2 digitals, so I don't really need another film camera.

Phil Forrest

johannielscom
05-31-2011, 14:56
M6 Classic 0.85 & M-Hexanon 50mm 1.2

Sold for money and not buying it back because of money. It brought me good cash and I really needed that, but I keep being sad about it...:(

Roger Hicks
05-31-2011, 14:57
Black Konica Hexar AF.
Sold it to buy my first M2.
Now I have 2 Leica film bodies and 2 digitals, so I don't really need another film camera.

Phil Forrest

Dear Phil,

Exactly. Neither need nor really want all that much. The nostalgia is in effect separate from the camera.

Cheers,

R.

benlees
05-31-2011, 14:58
Minolta Autocord. Has a lovely lens on it. However, 1/30th was inconsistent and PC was corroded. My cameras don't have to be pretty but I prefer everything works. The prices have really gone up more than my desire to replace it.

SimonSawSunlight
05-31-2011, 14:59
luckily, I never sold anything that I seriously regret selling so far.

Roger Hicks
05-31-2011, 15:00
Minolta Autocord. Has a lovely lens on it. However, 1/30th was inconsistent and PC was corroded. My cameras don't have to be pretty but I prefer everything works. The prices have really gone up more than my desire to replace it.

Beautifully phrased!

Cheers,

R.

retnull
05-31-2011, 15:09
Konica-M 90 / 2.8.

I now have another 90mm that I love, and use, even more. BUT I took two images I really like with the Konica. So if I'm emotionally attached to the images, I'm emotionally attached to the lens. Do I know that the Konica is the reason I like these two images? NO, it was probably just the right shot at the right time. Yet the lens gets all the credit...

andredossantos
05-31-2011, 15:10
My old Contax G1 with 45mm Planar.

I sold it as I was saving up for something or other I can't remember. In the end, I got so little for it at the time that thinking back I kick myself for not just keeping it. Mostly, I miss the lens. I always seemed to get great shots with it (this is most definitely a statistical aberration which distorts my memory and emotions, but nonetheless...).

Currently, prices are so inflated that it's just not worth it. Maybe in the future I'll get another.

Mackinaw
05-31-2011, 15:28
I wish I never sold my first 35m camera, a Canon FTb bought brand new back in 1971. That's the camera which really got me interested in photography.

Jim B.

Nikon Bob
05-31-2011, 15:29
Lots of things-divorce-been there done that why do it again.

Bob

Roberto V.
05-31-2011, 15:39
Mamiya 7 with 65mm lens.
Sold it to buy a screwmount leica kit.
Will probably buy one again after I get a couple of Leica M lenses.
I have owned a Hasselblad SWC/M, and I actually liked the Mamiya even more! :eek: It's one of my favorite cameras that I've used.

shimokita
05-31-2011, 15:40
Had a camera stolen and only sold one over the years. About 25 years on I did replace the one that was stolen and it ended up being the only one I ever sold. It wasn't as good as I remembered ;-) and my eyes are not as good as they use to be.

I was able to sell it for what I paid, so no loss except for a few rolls of out-of-focus images.

Did move on from a few cameras that were left with family and friends but other than that I tend to keep what I buy...

Casey

paulfish4570
05-31-2011, 15:40
Winchester Model 12 field grade 16-gauge shotgun with original Polychoke, manufactured in 1917.
My word, i could hit with that beautiful machine.
sold it when i was in college to buy a zenit slr and couple of lenses. what a mistake, in effect trading one of the finest examples of firearms industrial art in the world for camera kit that immediately set about frustrating me.
no need to replace the shotgun. my father-in-law a few years ago gave me a world war II military police riot version of the winchester model 12. it's in 12 gauge and is all business.

sdotkling
05-31-2011, 15:44
This is easy: My M2 with 35mm Summicron and 90mm Tele-Elmarit. Sold it 35 years ago to pay the rent. Times were tough, and I got terribly ripped-off by a grandfatherly man in New York. "The lenses are a disaster!" he said. "Fungus! I'll give you $200 for the two, and another $250 for the camera." Never having heard of fungus before, I caved, feeling guilty about my sloppy camera-storing habits. It wasn't until years later that I looked at the perfectly good final photos I had taken with the lenses, and realized I had been had. The end of youth, the beginning of cynicism.

oldoc
05-31-2011, 15:48
M7.
No question about it.
I loved that camera...

wjlapier
05-31-2011, 15:52
1989. Sold my Rolex Submariner for $600 to a pawnshop. I bought the watch a year earlier and pawned it once for money. Got it out of pawn before it's time was up and decided to sell it because I needed money. Back in those days I was carefree with money and never considered saving. Now it's kinda funny. I spend +$5000 for an ala carte M7, but think +$5000 for a watch is too expensive.

charjohncarter
05-31-2011, 16:00
My '53 MG TD, my '68 Triumph Bonnevilles (two of them), but all cameras sold I have no regrets.

siracusa
05-31-2011, 16:01
I sold a handmade classical guitar to pay a fee instalment during my M.A. year and got but a fraction of its value. Having been through that I've never truly regretted selling anything since. For a while I missed a summicron r that had seen much better days & which I sold to get one in better condition. The replacement was never as good & I eventually sold all my r gear. More likely to regret purchases than sales - such as a CV 21/4 I just got to try ultra-wide again; immediately realised it's the wrong focal length for me.

jbielikowski
05-31-2011, 16:01
RB67 Pro SD, I was too greedy to buy a strap for 30$ so I sold it.

back alley
05-31-2011, 16:09
sold lots of gear
bought lots of gear
tried and kept some

no regrets really...

TXForester
05-31-2011, 16:10
Olympus OM-1. Sold to get an OM-2. Later I regretted it and picked up an OM-1.

Spyro
05-31-2011, 16:12
Νοthing really Roger... I've sold some expensive gear but never looked back. My test is infallible: if it's been sitting on the shelf for more than 6 months it's dead money and it has to go. Even if it's very cheap it still has to go to make room for books.

kdemas
05-31-2011, 16:22
My couple regrets include my Contax N Digitals and the related 85/1.4 N Zeiss lens. I miss the NDs as they have/had massive pixels that created a very unique look. The 85mm in N mount was a re-worked version of the 85/1.4 in C/Y mount and it was probably my favorite lens I have ever owned, very unique signature.

Why did I sell them... I wasn't using them that much and was concerned their prices would fall through the floor. They didn't. Oh well, live and learn!

Kent

PS- Also regret selling my black S3 2000 Nikon but that is purely due to the fact it is the most beautiful camera I've owned, nothing to do with actually making pictures.

Keith
05-31-2011, 16:34
Camera gear? ... not really!

My copy of 'A Hard day's Night' autographed by all the The Beatles during their tour of NZ in the sixties! I've mentioned this one before ... it still haunts me. LOL

tgon
05-31-2011, 16:37
My M4 IPSC race gun (rifle) & 12 gauge shotgun
sometimes i miss them, but at least i don't need a permit to carry my cameras :rolleyes:

Pfreddee
05-31-2011, 16:38
On a little different note, I've never sold any of my gear. Nobody wants it! :bang:

I did trade a MF camera that I wasn't using for store credit at our local real camera shop, though. But I don't miss it.

With best regards.

Stephen

ruby.monkey
05-31-2011, 16:46
I've never sold anything. I've traded away a few cameras and given away more, but the only one I regret letting go was my Pentax SL - and that only because I later found a 50mm f/1.4 SMC-Takumar, 50mm f/4 Marco-Takumar, and 35mm f/2 Super-Takumar sitting in the bottom of my box'o'bits and in need of a mount (manual-everything lenses on my Pentax K20D having lost their appeal by this time).

The tale has a happy ending, though - a £10 punt on eBay provided me with a tidy Fujica ST-705. Now I just have to avoid the temptation to use this as an excuse to buy more M42-mount lenses.

Jani_from_Finland
05-31-2011, 16:50
My ol' OM zuiko 18/3.5 and the rest of the bunch..
The Rolleiflex 3.5F White face... for 420 €.
Zeiss (HBL) 50/4 for 100 € ...
M6 with the 50/2 Dual something (that close-focus version with the glasses) for 600 €

radiocemetery
05-31-2011, 17:28
I regret selling my 1966 Ducati Diana Mk3. Although it was a rational decision to sell, being rational isn't always rewarding, it is only being rational.

John Robertson
05-31-2011, 17:30
Werra 3 + 35 and 100 mm lenses.:mad:

SciAggie
05-31-2011, 17:32
My enlarger, darkroom timer and light. I never thought I would use it again - then I bought into M cameras... I haven't replaced it as I am not quite ready to rebuild a darkroom; I'm just frustrated I have to replace what I already had and liked.

barnwulf
05-31-2011, 17:39
I haven't regretted selling anything yet. I am thinking of selling my M4 and I am not so sure I should do it. I have three other very nice Leicas to use. Jim

f16sunshine
05-31-2011, 18:38
My soul for a woman. She's gone of course. I'm getting bits of my soul back now. It still looks the same. I doubt she has held up as well :D

Eric T
05-31-2011, 18:43
Sold a single stroke M3 once. Big mistake.

Dave Jenkins
05-31-2011, 18:54
Pentax 6x7 with 105 and 45mm lenses. I've been going through many years of photographs recently and have realized that I had a higher percentage of keepers with that camera than any other. I sold it in a mad rush to digital, but would buy another with the same lenses plus the 200mm if I could afford it.

aaron.tam
05-31-2011, 18:55
My Mamiya 7 with the 80mm lens for rent :(

Bobbo
05-31-2011, 19:01
My Nikon F and F2. I was moving out after a nasty breakup and offered up my Nikons to a guy at my epic yard sale. Sure, the meters in both were toast, and I got more than I paid for them, but still. Thinking of getting an F with a plain prism (cheaper than an F2 with same).

The FM I spent $3 on at KEH (an As-is I tore apart and fixed) netted $75 at the same sale. I do not miss that, hehe. The broken Canonet 17 G-III I sold for $50 made me happy, too. The couple crudely AI'd lenses that went with the cameras are not missed.

I only kept an old Ricoh my mom gave me, my F3 and an FM I bought on vacation. Only kept the F3 because it had a meter, and I had just bought the FM 2 months before and felt it hadn't had a good enough shake. Thinking about ditching the F3 and FM shortly (Don't need the meter, and the finder's too small on the FM for my taste). I keep forgetting to take pics of the cameras for a classified sale :bang:.

David Murphy
05-31-2011, 19:15
Wish I'd not sold any Leica M lens as they are now almost too expensive to replace!

enasniearth
05-31-2011, 19:18
it was many years ago .
1951 ford pickup - flat head v8 with dual water pumps .
push button starter on the dash .
no matter how cold it was , or how long it sat ---- always started .
well i paid $350 . then in 1984 .
the prices are a bit more now /.

nikon_sam
05-31-2011, 19:23
My only real regret would be selling (trading-in) my beautiful 1976 280Z for a Nissan Pick-up Truck...I needed the truck for work and wanted to put a decent down payment on it...
Had I really done the math on it I would have kept the car and I don't mean the money math...I bought that car in 1980 or 81 so it wasn't that old...every thing worked and the dash was perfect...I even installed a 5 speed tranny in it...sweet...
I get a little sick thinking about that deal...

As far as camera gear goes...I haven't sold all that much and haven't missed anything I have...

Bob Michaels
05-31-2011, 19:51
When I stopped photographing in the late 1980's, a friend kept bugging me about buying my gear. I had AE-1, AT-1, Canon FD 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 300mm lenses and a FD 2X converter. Finally one day I mentally added up what I had paid for everything, somewhere around $2,000 and threw that price at him. He immediately whipped out his checkbook and wrote me a check, telling me to bring him the equipment in a few days.

Months later I realized the yen had really strengthened vs. the dollar and I had sold him almost $3,000 worth of gear for the about $2,000 I paid for it.

I don't want to even think about the cherry 1932 Ford V-8 coupe I left with my brother when I went away to college in 1960's.

So I got smart and did not sell my original IBM-XT, monochrome monitor, etc. I still have the DOS 2.1 install disks and full documentation. And 25 years later, it is still not worth any more than the 286, 386 & 486 systems I threw away.

kermaier
05-31-2011, 20:31
Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar with Maxwell screen.
Sold it because I hadn't used it in a while, and got the idea in my head that I'd shoot more MF if it were more easily portable. So I sold it and bought a Bessa II 6x9 with Heliar lens. The Bessa is a nice camera, but it's no Rolleiflex. And clean Rolleis with Planars and screen upgrades are at least 50% more money now.
I guess if I really wanted it that badly, and were able to convince myself I'd really justify it with good usage, I'd pay up -- just wish I didn't have to make that choice.

Ari

naruto
05-31-2011, 20:40
A few months back, I sold off my black repaint M3 and a couple of lenses to fund the down payment on our house. Though I regretted it, I knew it had to be done. M3s will come and go.

Last week, I got a killer deal on a M3 + Summilux, for less than what I sold my M3+lens. The balance is restored :D

rxmd
05-31-2011, 21:34
Few dishes remain tasty when reheated.

serrada36
05-31-2011, 21:57
My 1985.5 Porsche 928s. Sold it to buy a house with my ex that we never closed on... Man, I loved that car. (Sigh)

gavinlg
05-31-2011, 22:25
An m6 titanium my dad bought me for my 18th birthday present whilst on holiday to New York with the whole family. I really wish I didn't sell it, it was a beautiful camera.

Water Ouzel
05-31-2011, 23:12
A Bronica SQA and 80/f2.8 Zenzanon, the which could turn out some lovely results.

Also a Rollei 3003 with a 50/1.4 Rollei HFT Planar and a 28/2.8 MC Rolleinar (I'm a sucker for oddball gadgets).

prosthetic
05-31-2011, 23:26
This question is easy although I already made up for my loss now. I once sold my Contax Distagon 35/1.4 because I felt it was too heavy to carry; then I regretted it and bought another one two years later when I saved enough from work. Even now when I mostly shoot with RFs, it is still with the Distagon in my hand that I shoot with confidence and comfort. Love it for everything....travel, portraits, landscapes..color, b/w....I would NEVER sell it again :D

bgb
05-31-2011, 23:33
My Laverda Mirage 1200 a Kawasaki Mach 3 and maybe my first Canon Ftb camera

Sold for money or to trade up, my Laverda was left with 'friends' when I had to come back to NZ and the *******s sold it and kept the money ... karma will get them I'm sure.

bgb
05-31-2011, 23:58
Your "friends" sold your Laverda??? Sh*t :eek: I don't think I could wait for karma to even the score in that case!!!

If i still lived in the same country as they do well it might get ugly, stealing a mans motorcycle is punishable by death stealing a Laverda is eternal damnation if you are lucky
The bike was not perfect but it was perfect for me ... loud, fast and very anti social with dodgy electrics ... expensive now :-(

braver
06-01-2011, 00:01
I sold a Canon 28/2.8 LTM when I bought the elmarit asph. Wanted it back though, and bought a nicer one later. Sold a Canon 50/1.4 LTM to try someting else (not sure what it was really), regretted it, now have a nicer one. So that's all working out fine in the end :)

I regret selling a Rolleiflex T. It was a great kit, but I really wanted to try a Hasselblad. Well, I totally didn't like the Blad, so, that was a wast of time even though I made a bit of money out of it. But I haven't gotten around to replacing it. I guess if the need arises I'll put in the effort, but for now I seem to get by without one.

auldbob
06-01-2011, 00:03
Sell? A camera? Are you mad? I haven't used the Speed Graphic in 15 years. And the Rollei, and the folders, and....couldn't possibly. Keep 'em locked away in the filing cabinets and take 'em out and carress them from time to time, but sell? An insane thought!

peterm1
06-01-2011, 00:04
I wish I'd never sold my... ..........................children for medical experiments?

_larky
06-01-2011, 00:41
Contax G1 or Nikon D200 or any other camera I've sold. I'll never sell a film camera again.

bgb
06-01-2011, 02:22
Sounds just like every Ducati I've owned :D

Nothing wrong with a good Ducati beautiful machines when they are running
At least Ducati are still in business and doing well :D

rivierej
06-01-2011, 02:36
Bought and sold a lot of Leica gear. Greatest regret was selling my M7, for money for tuition for uni, damn my poverty. Fantastic camera that won't be able to afford for a while... Replaced it with an M6 when had some funds but miss the M7.

:bang:

noimmunity
06-01-2011, 02:46
I'd be interested in hearing about giving and receiving, rather than just selling and buying.

In my first year of elementary school, my family was planning a move across town that would necessitate a change of schools for me. Before I left the school, I gave my favorite toy to a girl named Siggy, one of my best friends there. The teachers found out and were very concerned. They offered to intercede to help me get it back. But I insisted on giving it away.

Later, as I grew up, loss of innocence and fear of not being liked left me confused by the meaning of personal material possessions, and I temporarily forgot that what matters most are the human relations behind all these things, not the things themselves. And it is precisely because all things are in some way related to other people, many of whom I may not even know personally (I don't know all the people involved in bringing energy to my apartment, but I am concerned about all those connections), that I find I can no longer see them just simply as "things".

Keith
06-01-2011, 02:46
Bought and sold a lot of Leica gear. Greatest regret was selling my M7, for money for tuition for uni, damn my poverty. Fantastic camera that won't be able to afford for a while... Replaced it with an M6 when had some funds but miss the M7.

On the positive (?) side the M7 is one Leica along with their digitals that will keep dropping in value I'd suspect.

I think someone mentioned in thread recently that Sherry Krauter described the M7 as 'a disaster waiting to happen' ... or something along those lines! :eek:

Koni Kowa
06-01-2011, 02:55
sold lots of gear
bought lots of gear
tried and kept some

no regrets really...

I could not say it better.
... and even if I keep most of my gear now, I still have to much gear and I'm still tempted to buy more.

Mablo
06-01-2011, 03:02
Je ne regrette rien. I feel uneasy when I have some gear in my closet that won't get use. Too much gear distracts me a lot. I guess I'm one of those one camera and one lens type of guys. I do buy new things from time to time but I always make sure that I sell something else to keep the amount of gear more or less the same. So far so good.

greenwell
06-01-2011, 03:07
I am waiting for a courier to pick up all my Leica R kit, my hands are beginning to suffer from wear and tear and I now find the R cameras and lenses too heavy. I have agonised over this for the past 6 months as I do not want to regret doing so, I have had them all boxed up ready to go for two months now but haven't once got any of them out again.
I have started to enjoy using my OM kit once again, so much lighter!, I am also using my leica M7 more and have just bought a M6 .85 to cheer me up!
If everything sells well I might think about a M9 but the M7 may have to go and that will be another hard decision!
I have a feeling that by selling my R kit now is sensible but time will tell.

scott kirkpatrick
06-01-2011, 03:53
I've sold two M8s, kept one, M9 makes them obsolete. I had some Olympus gear and an XPan stolen. Replaced the XPan and got a better one for a lower price on the second try. Don't realy miss the E-1 and E-3. Lost several Nikon F-1s and a lovely Rolleicord, stored in a friend's garage as collateral damage in his divorce. Got over the loss of the Rollei with two very enjoyable E-Bay Hassies.

scott

braver
06-01-2011, 04:49
Eh, and here I am considering selling my Canon 50 1/4 again to fund something. Lesson? Best not get attached to material stuff.

Gary E
06-01-2011, 05:07
Contax 159mm. I sold it to fund other stuff like a RTSII, but I kept the winder just in case I would find one to replace it. Alas, that was eons ago, and not many 159mm bodies out there without problems. Still got the winder though... :bang:

robbeiflex
06-01-2011, 05:11
...Mercedes! But such is life when you have a little one on the way and a car with only two seats. No regrets though, it's just an object. One day I'll return to the pleasures of open-top driving AND share them with my daughter.

djcphoto
06-01-2011, 05:34
An original Minimoog, as it was going to be too expensive to ship to the US when I moved here (they're very heavy)! Even though I made a lot of money on that deal, I still miss it. Software synths and 'analogue' modelling synths are good these days, but just don't compare to the sounds that used to come out of that thing.

shadowfox
06-01-2011, 08:39
Nothing.
I know enough not to sell anything that I would regret selling later.

:angel:

rsosa
06-01-2011, 08:51
being isolated in a small country you cant buy or sell that much. Been acquiring from the states mostly and never sold anything. I know nobody here would pay what I paid for my stuff and probably nobody would buy from overseas :S

JohnTF
06-01-2011, 09:31
I need to sell more to possibly regret more, may be time?

I sold a couple of S2 Nikons, and bought them back a few years later. sold one, kept one. I've not sold much personal stuff since.

I regret not buying a bunch of stuff, a 54 Corvette for $400, Mom would not have it!

I need to move, and that is slowed down by dislodging cameras, etc. tucked away, a lot of effort.

I probably have given away more than I have sold. Zu is the most popular shot in my gallery, but she has more than a baker's dozen of cameras, a darkroom, and part of a college degree from a photographer grateful to his muse.

She asked last year for a Bessa, I sent her one, with three lenses, two blads, and a baby Graflex with roll film back.

Now, about those 200 fishing reels--

Add in a dozen cats and the "Horders" folks will knock at my door, may break it down.

Regards, John

kram
06-08-2011, 14:34
I had a MPP VII body off ebay which I striped all the good bits off to put onto my existing MPP VII. I sold the now slightly tatty MPP on (any issues were declared). I got less than £90 for it. The buyer resold it for more than twice the price (they said it was in great condition??)

I since have had an idea to build a home-made camera, and that MPPVII would have been ideal for the basic structure - darn. i will have to spend near twice the amount to get another body.

SolaresLarrave
06-08-2011, 14:47
Three years ago, I got my M4-2 in a sweet deal: the camera body AND a TE 90mm f2.8 for about 800 dollars. Only drawback: the lens metal ring around the front element had been damaged by someone who must have used pliers trying to remove it. It was mostly damage in the finish and paint. However, wishing to recover some of the funds invested in the body, I decided to sell it... and almost immediately regretted it. I kinda needed the money, but it wasn't urgent.

By the time I e-bayed it, I was hoping it wouldn't sell... and then it went for $277 to a fellow in NY.

I'll get one some time in the future... once I get over my Leica M5 fever! :)

Turtle
06-08-2011, 14:59
No serious regrets... so far. Rolleicord Va was a little bit of a shame, but then again I hardly used it. At the time that £115 was more important, but since there have been a couple of time when it would have been just what I needed.

rbiemer
06-09-2011, 03:45
I regretted selling my first Bessa R--and a bit stupid about why; I was going through a "no battery" phase:rolleyes:--but I did replace it.

I have had a lot of jobs over the years but was only fired once.
I panicked about how much money I had in the bank and sold some things.

One thing I sold was a left hand Remington 700BDL that had taken me four or five years to save for. Hunted with it one season (and didn't get a deer that year:bang:).

About three days after I sold it, I got another job. Went back to the shop I sold it to so I could buy it back and they'd already sold it to one of their regular customers who'd been looking for just that rifle...
When I wanted to replace it I couldn't afford to and I've since quit hunting so no longer need to replace it. But I still miss that one sometimes.
Rob

OlliL
06-09-2011, 03:49
My Leitz Summaron 35mm f2.8 LTM... stupidity :rolleyes:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-73O45DXlTZg/TIzV61QdO5I/AAAAAAAAANY/_fBLjpuNN7g/s144/P9080690.JPG

I sold it, when I moved away from RFs for a short time... which was stupid anyway ;)

Harry S.
06-09-2011, 04:41
SS M3.

I need to buy another one of these days.

darkkavenger
06-09-2011, 04:53
1970 J-3 in Contax mount. The biggest mistake I did in all my photo-life.

kubilai
06-09-2011, 05:20
Sold my immaculate Minolta MD 85/1.7 15 years ago, and still :bang:

matthewm
06-09-2011, 05:28
I sold my soul to photography 10 years ago. I don't really regret it, per se, but it does make paying rent a little harder. You know, with constant GAS and all.

The only cameras I regret selling are my Epson RD1s and 35/2.5 Color Skopar. I never really gave it a fair shot and just got frustrated with it. Sold it for much less than I paid for it (I got one from Adorama as a Demo version in original box, multiple original batteries, etc.) and my Leica R4s and Summicron 35 f/2 R so that I could get a Canon 35 f/1.4 L for my EOS system. Looking back at the images that I posted to Flickr with those cameras, I wish I hadn't gotten rid of them.

Can't get another one of either because I don't have the cash at this point. I suppose the Leica R would be easy enough to replace, but the RD1s NEW condition with only a few images on it out of the box... That's a different story.

c'est la vie

Ezzie
06-09-2011, 06:22
Nothing yet. I find solace in that things I can´t or no longer want to use find new homes where they hopefully will see some action. They are tools, as such the should be used. I may have more than one camera, but I don´t collect.

ddutchison
06-09-2011, 23:07
The only camera I regret selling was my black-paint Minox B.

At the time, I had convinced myself that using an "invisible" camera would revolutionize my photography. It didn't (and purchasing/processing/printing 9.5mm film was a complete P.I.T.A.), so I dumped it.

The shop that I sold to offered me 3 times what I paid for it right off - and at the tender age of 17yrs, I figured I'd made a fantastic deal there (In reality, I expect I was very seriously low-balled).

Never the less, the proceeds bought a used Pentax H1, with 35mm & 55mm Takumars - and and those did more for me than the Minox ever did. Still- Minox's are pretty cool.

_larky
06-09-2011, 23:28
Wish I'd never sold any of it. Especially the G1.

nobbylon
06-10-2011, 00:47
My first M6ttl. A bit rough around the edges after some travel adventures but working perfectly. I sold to fund an MP purchase.
A mint M6 sold because it was too mint! stupid
A mint M6 sold because I didn't use it enough! stupid but I know it gets used now.
A chrome M6 that was sooooo smooth to fund a 24-70 Nikkor.
I've always regretted selling M6's. I sold the MP and never regretted it.
I got hold of another M6 and have now learnt my lesson. NEVER SELL AN M6!!

Non camera wise has to be a BMW R100/S in the most beautifull maroon/crimson smoke paint. Sold to buy a Rolex Sub in '86. My Dad thought I was bonkers. I still have the watch but when I see pic's of the bike on trips to the south of France I still regret selling it. Replaced with an R90/S a while later which I will never sell, I'll just pass it on to my boys.

zpuskas
06-10-2011, 16:38
I really regret selling my Canon F-1 (new) since it was such a great camera. I still have my first 35mm, a Canon FT-QL from around 1971 and I'll take that with me.
Other than that, nothing.
I do however, regret buying more than a few things....

pgk
06-16-2011, 05:51
Black chrome M4 - needed the money for an SLR which I had to have for work on at the time - still regret it.

21mm f/3.4 SA-M - owned one then sold it - I have just replaced it.

Michael Da Re
06-16-2011, 06:16
I've never actually sold a camera but I have given some away. The only one I regret is when my son in Florida started to show an interest in photography I sent him my Nikon F4s. Which he sold 2 weeks later because his girlfriend wanted something for the house.:bang:. I would never replace it though since I'm now an OM fanatic.

Michael

smiling gecko
06-16-2011, 06:27
my '56 chevy convertible...

sold it to the brother of a soon-to-be ex-girl friend...
arrgghhhhh!!!

replacement price today is...ouch!!!

breathe, relax and enjoy.
sg, aka smiling gecko, aka kenneth

Strangeluv
06-16-2011, 06:44
I kinda regret selling my Voigtlander 35mm 1.2.
What comforts me is that the money will go to funding a Summilux 35mm ASPH.

manfromh
06-24-2011, 11:58
I regret selling my RB67, even though the sale paid for my plane ticket to Serbia, and I like the 6x6 of my Yashicamat more than 6x7, and the Yashicamat is lighter and easier to carry about. Though I still wish I still had that RB67. Or some other MF SLR.

kbg32
06-24-2011, 12:07
Regret selling MY SA 21/3.4. Sold it because it apparently didn't work on the M8. It does. Replaced it at the time with the pre aspherical 21/2.8 Elmarit.

barnwulf
06-24-2011, 12:37
Lucky for me, nothing yet. I have 4 Leica M cameras and was preparing to sell my very nice M4 that I bought from Youxin several years ago. I have been worried for a couple of months about selling it. I know I would regret it terribly. So, I have changed my mind and am going keep it, load some film and go out shooting with it. A close one but, no regrets. Jim

Wahoo
06-24-2011, 13:02
My '53 MG TD, my '68 Triumph Bonnevilles (two of them), but all cameras sold I have no regrets.

Did they have "King of the Road" Lucas Electric's ? :D

Rather like these . . .

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/Cliff_Edge/IMAG0059-1.jpg

39per1
06-24-2011, 13:36
...my BMW 318i LagunenGrunMetallic....:bang:

Teuthida
08-20-2011, 11:18
My Nikon F with Ptenaprism finder - sold on 70s
A MINT m5 sold about 10 years ago. Collector quality. Sold for $1400 :bang:
a few Hexar RFs along the way
a Black Paint m 4 about 15 years ago. I think I sold it for $1200.:bang:

The Meaness
08-20-2011, 12:03
I don't think anything yet... There are times I miss the Canon 50/1.2, though.

semilog
08-20-2011, 13:55
35mm Sumilux ASPH. On the other hand if I hadn't sold it I never would have gotten the 35/2.8 Biogon-C, which is the best lens I've ever used. So, no real regrets.

Thardy
08-20-2011, 13:58
Mustang Mach 1, 1972. Never sold any camera stuff.

back alley
08-20-2011, 14:00
sold my soul to the devil once...i got the better deal though...;)

Jani_from_Finland
08-20-2011, 14:57
Leitz M6, summicron Dual-range 50/2. all for 500e.

Matus
08-20-2011, 15:04
I do long after my Rolleiflex T from time to time. Surely the Mamiya 6 that took its place has the sharper glass, but the T was just special both the point of view it gave and the mood the BW pictures could have (I guess that the Tessar design was part of it). Very suitable for traveling light too. It was also the most stranger friendly camera.

One day I may get one again - if I decide to swap the Mamiya for a Rolleiflex and Contax 645 ;). The good point is - there are plenty out there and if serviced from time to time they will probably outlast me.

I do not really miss any of the rest of the cameras I sold, even if I could get interesting results out of them. Somehow the "experience" seems to count (that is why I hold onto 4x5" even though I get to use it rarely) ..

I never missed any car I have ever sold - but I am too young (and too poor - in a relative way) to have sold anything worthy with 4 wheels :p

johne
08-20-2011, 15:27
I sold my old plastic Sears something or other camera. At age 15 I was hired by an attorney to film the site of a rail-car wreck. I "thumbed" my way 68 miles each way to deliver prints and got a profit of seven dollars. Later, I upgraded. I regret never again feeling such a sense of accomplishment with any other camera.
John E.L.Robertson

jack palmer
08-21-2011, 05:46
I regret selling my mint condition Series111 Land Rover and my 96 Mini Cooper Blue Star

RanceEric
08-22-2011, 06:08
I regret selling my IIc.. I sold it with the intention of using the proceeds towards a III, but unexpected car repairs ($600 worth) took precedence over a new toy.. :(

rhl-oregon
08-30-2011, 11:40
Having come back happily happily to photography in the last 2 years--to film especially in the past few months--I'm appreciating the sadder-but-wiser tone of many posts with their "Never sell a camera again" refrain. Thanks for silencing the little inner nag that wants me to displace/replace camera X when camera Y arrives, rather than keep them both in the family, and taking them out to play in turns.

There's a t-shirt in the guitar world that may apply here: Love One Woman / Many Guitars. I have more cameras than guitars now--and not too many of either--but I still regret selling a '58 Gibson ES175D for the same change I spent on it ($100) way back when. I also let an older, slyer guitarist talk me into accepting a brand new 1970 Strat in trade for a really beat-up '57 I'd gotten for 90 bucks. But though I cherish the regret, I'm happy with the Heritage jazzbox and the super Warmoth Strat I have today.

crawdiddy
08-30-2011, 11:47
...left kidney, to contribute to Tim Pawlenty's Presidential campaign. :(

Snowbuzz
08-30-2011, 12:02
I wish I'd never sold my left kidney to buy a Hasselblad 500C/M and lens. How does Franke & Heidecke go under with its 6000 system whereas Hasselblad keeps going? What's with that weird film-loading procedure; that 'kerthunk' mirror (which vibrates the whole camera, btw. No pneumatic braking system, Hasselblad?) that stays up between shots (until shutter is cocked); the rigmarole one must remember to go through while changing lenses to avoid locking up the camera? Eh? Mama mia!

^ It's a joke, so chill out. :-)

Edit - Ah, I see someone else lost a kidney too (above). Timing, timing.

Kent
08-30-2011, 12:51
Elmarit 35. But it's not too bad. Time heals wounds.

WalterM
08-30-2011, 12:53
sold on this forum to.. i believe digital intrigue

Leica MP .85x and the new Summicron, the summicron for about a thousand less than they go for now.

i actually do plan on selling all my lenses and going for another summicron. although the 1.5 nokton is plenty sharp, there's just something missing.

RAZOR
09-01-2011, 12:42
Plaubel Makina 67, that was a great camera!

bobkonos
09-01-2011, 12:50
1. Leica M2-R
2. Leica M 50mm Summilux
3. Hasselblad SWC

karlori
09-01-2011, 12:53
Hassy 500CM kit...

leicashot
09-01-2011, 13:03
35mm Sumilux ASPH. On the other hand if I hadn't sold it I never would have gotten the 35/2.8 Biogon-C, which is the best lens I've ever used. So, no real regrets.

Take away the vignetting wide open in low light and I'll second that. The Biogon-C is hard to fault.

ianstamatic
09-01-2011, 15:17
Suzuki GSXR1000 with just about everything done to it. motor brakes suspension titanium race exhaust.

also miss the FM2 i traded for a Cambo 4x5sc

jsrockit
09-02-2011, 05:01
Zeiss 35mm C-Biogon ZM

santino
09-02-2011, 05:47
Mercedes 190E wth fuel injection...

pismo923
09-02-2011, 06:41
Not many camera regrets with the possible exception of my F5. Fit my hand like a glove. Great camera.

thegman
09-02-2011, 06:43
Zeiss Ikon. Sold to get a Leica M6, suppose I just kind of wanted a Leica. In hindsight, for me, the Ikon is the better camera. I have not bought it again as I now have a R4A and Leica M3, and I don't miss it *that* much.

raid
09-02-2011, 07:52
Maybe the Canon 50/1.4 and the Nikon 50/2 should have stayed. Maybe not. I like the Lux.

bobbyrab
09-02-2011, 08:39
I've actually just re bought a Canon 1v for £206 in excellent condition. I'll still do the majority of film shooting on my M6, but I didn't have a film option for my Canon lenses and £200 is so reasonable. I am however contemplating selling my 35 lux aspherical for a Zeiss 35/2, just to free up some cash, but I do worry that i might go on to regret it though as I think once sold it will be difficult to re-buy at a later date. Decisions decisions....R

farlymac
09-02-2011, 09:47
Traded my Sears(Ricoh Singlex)TLS system for my first Nikkormat, but I've been able to reconstruct that system for nostalgia sake. So it's really a toss-up between my Mamiya C330F Pro system, and Omega Rapid 200. Sold both when things were getting tight. (Not that they're any better now) Would be nice to have the Rapid, but boy, what I could do with the Mamiya!

PF

lxmike
12-10-2012, 07:55
a battered leica cl with 40mm C Summicron, swapped it for a mint new Nikon F90S in 1996 when they were new. Regreted it within minutes and still do, wafe up at night with cold sweats thinks about that deal

Kenj8246
12-10-2012, 08:09
My 2003 Honda Civic Si. Sold it to buy a 2006 Honda Civic Si. I guess I did replace it. Sorta kinda.

jsrockit
12-10-2012, 08:47
Leica M9 ...

Tom A
12-10-2012, 09:20
I rarely regret getting rid of stuff. When I do it is carefully considered prior to swapping, selling or simply giving it away. There are times when I miss a Hasselblad SWC - but the BessaWide is actually a better camera in some ways.
We have lived in 7 different countries, on three continents - so stuff like cars, furniture etc is not feasible to keep - as it costs too much to move. However, IF we had stayed put - I probably would have kept the 1951/52 Porsche pre-production Speedster with the 1500S engine (paid $700 for it in the late 60's) - and possibly the Bentley Mark VI (1949) which cost me about $450 in 1971.
Cameras can be replaced and often one "upgrade" for a reason - however feeble it is!

E.M
12-10-2012, 09:38
I sold my 1974 Ducati 750 s , which was completely original and in top condition , that was in 1986 . It 's the most beautiful bike imo .

Bar8barian
12-10-2012, 09:52
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

taemo
12-10-2012, 09:58
i regret selling my 2 DH german military watches dated 1939-1942

i regret selling my 35 GSN only to find out that the buyer dropped it 2 weeks later breaking it

rogue_designer
12-10-2012, 09:59
I wish I'd never sold my Rolleiflex C3 2.8 Planar. Great shooter, and hard for me to justify the expenditure now to replace it.

Pioneer
12-10-2012, 10:17
My SRT 101. It was my first camera. Actually it was stolen, not sold, but same result. I did finally replace about 2 years ago and I am glad I did. Even though I know my memory of that camera is probably faulty, I enjoy using it just as much now as I remember I did then. But in this case price was obviously not an impediment.

Jerevan
12-10-2012, 11:33
First thought: "Oh, I regret selling the Hasselblad 500 c that I had CLA'd, the mint Rolleicord Vb that was my first camera, the Leica IIIf I had, the..."

The second thought: "Would I want to spend all that money and time to get back where I once was? No, not really."

Third thought: The only camera I have never regretted buying is the Nikon F2.

Vickko
12-10-2012, 11:36
hmmmmm. Finding that I'm regretting having sold my grey Focomat IIc. I'm forgetting that I didn't want all the money tied up in that enlarger.

kbg32
12-10-2012, 11:40
My 1979 Leitz Super Angulon.

But most of all - I regret being carefree and not being smarter when I was younger.

Roger Hicks
12-10-2012, 12:04
I rarely regret getting rid of stuff. When I do it is carefully considered prior to swapping, selling or simply giving it away. There are times when I miss a Hasselblad SWC - but the BessaWide is actually a better camera in some ways.
We have lived in 7 different countries, on three continents - so stuff like cars, furniture etc is not feasible to keep - as it costs too much to move. However, IF we had stayed put - I probably would have kept the 1951/52 Porsche pre-production Speedster with the 1500S engine (paid $700 for it in the late 60's) - and possibly the Bentley Mark VI (1949) which cost me about $450 in 1971.
Cameras can be replaced and often one "upgrade" for a reason - however feeble it is!
Dear Tom,

You had a weakness for (very upmarket) rustbuckets, then?

Cheers,

R.

sepiareverb
12-10-2012, 12:27
Leica M9 ...

Yeah, but the high ISO is useless and it's dark half the time anyway. :D

helenhill
12-10-2012, 13:24
No Gear...just My Soul to the Devil...:eek:...:p

Roger Hicks
12-10-2012, 13:34
No Gear...just My Soul to the Devil...:eek:...:p
Dear Helen,

The price wasn't good enough? What SHOULD you have asked....?

Cheers,

R.

Roger Hicks
12-10-2012, 13:35
Yeah, but the high ISO is useless and it's dark half the time anyway. :D
And it's not like you can get fast lenses for it.

Cheers,

R.

Tom A
12-10-2012, 13:48
Dear Tom,

You had a weakness for (very upmarket) rustbuckets, then?

Cheers,

R.

Roger, the Porsche was a swiss built Beutler bodied roadster - not much rust in it. Went like a stink and if you lifted throttle foot in a turn, it would do a nice 180 degree turn in no time. No convertible top - kind of cold in the swedish winter!
The Bentley was OK, some edge rust around the "spats" on the rear fenders - some nicks and dents - much like my cameras - but it would proceed in a stately fashion and was a very smooth ride.
I do like the "end of life" type of cars - they are cheap and you can usually squeeze another 10-15000 miles out of them.
Current clunker is a E260 Mercedes with 190 000 km on it (1989). Last of the "iron horses" according to a friend with long experience in these cars. No rust at all - 2 owner before me - last one for 20 years. Everything works including the Becker Grand Prix radio. I like the fact that when you close a door - it has a resounding "clunk" to it - no rattle at all. Probably no depreciation either - I paid $1700 for it with spare set of correct alloy rims!
Any car that costs more than a good 50mm lens for a M is overpriced!
Tom

Roger Hicks
12-10-2012, 14:12
Roger, the Porsche was a swiss built Beutler bodied roadster - not much rust in it. Went like a stink and if you lifted throttle foot in a turn, it would do a nice 180 degree turn in no time. No convertible top - kind of cold in the swedish winter!
The Bentley was OK, some edge rust around the "spats" on the rear fenders - some nicks and dents - much like my cameras - but it would proceed in a stately fashion and was a very smooth ride.
I do like the "end of life" type of cars - they are cheap and you can usually squeeze another 10-15000 miles out of them.
Current clunker is a E260 Mercedes with 190 000 km on it (1989). Last of the "iron horses" according to a friend with long experience in these cars. No rust at all - 2 owner before me - last one for 20 years. Everything works including the Becker Grand Prix radio. I like the fact that when you close a door - it has a resounding "clunk" to it - no rattle at all. Probably no depreciation either - I paid $1700 for it with spare set of correct alloy rims!
Any car that costs more than a good 50mm lens for a M is overpriced!
Tom
Dear Tom,

Highlight 1: OK, pre-production. And Swiss. That's cheating. Reminds me (tragically) of the 50s Sunbeam Talbot Alpine 2-seat roadster I didn't buy in the early 70s, rebuilt substantially at Her Majesty's expense at RNEC (Royal Naval Engineering College) Manadon: 11 coats of Rolls Royce Metallic Silver, among other tart-ups such as diff stripped, rebuilt and nickel-plated (internally). He was asking GBP 300; I offered GBD 280; he sold it for GBP 180; and when I later heard this and asked him why he hadn't come back to me, he said, "I didn't think you were serious." Damn! GBP 280 was all I had... AAAARGH! This was the Talbot, not the nasty little thing that also appeared with the V8 as a Tiger. And then there was the Daimler DE36. One of 202 ever built.

Highlight 2: It wouldn't have improved with keeping...

Highlight 3: Brilliant! I shall borrow that one! May even form the basis for a Short Schrift (http://www.rogerandfrances.com/short/z%20short%20schrift%20archive.html).

Probably tomorrow we're picking up a 1990 Peugeot 309 diesel to join a 1990 Seat Marbella (with a noisy diff -- yes, 10,000 miles since we bought it for 1100€ -- second-hand cars are quite expensive in France), a 1972 Series III Land Rover, a 1978 BMW R100RS and a 1966 Mobylette. . .

Cheers,

R.

Darthfeeble
12-10-2012, 14:18
My first RD-1 and even more my second RD-1 that I bought because I regretted selling the first one.

Harry Lime
12-10-2012, 14:23
I used to have a Noctilux, which I shot for about one year. Ultimately I sold it because the lens was too big, too heavy, the focus throw was too long and I wasn't too crazy about the optical fingerprint.

So, I picked up a Summilux-M 1.4/50 (last pre ASPH) at a bargain price (demo unit).
I shot it and somehow I wasn't pleased with the results and ended up selling it quickly.

Then a few weeks later I printed a whole bunch of the negs I had shot with the Lux and went over the rest of them with a fresh eye and had something of an epiphany.

I ended up tracking down another Lux right away and ever since it's been my standard 50 on the M.

jwhitley
12-10-2012, 14:28
Timely to find this thread. I just finished my first sell-off of photo gear, letting all of my Nikon film and digital kit go(**). My film work has shifted elsewhere (to RF and 4x5) and I'd outgrown the starter digital kit.

Rather than upgrade the Nikon (d)SLRs and lenses, I decided to cross-grade to an OM-D E-M5. I can use my modest set of M-mount lenses, and there are many lovely high-IQ primes available for m43 these days.

I certainly do feel some nostalgic pangs, but it was really time to let this stuff go. The key realization was that it's been holding me back rather than enabling my work. Some other redundant gear will be going shortly, along the same lines. Simplify, simplify!

(**) With the sole exception of my father's pristine Nikon F Photomic, with restored metering. You'd never guess that all of my family's photos were taken with it, except for the prints and negatives. ;-)

Roger Hicks
12-10-2012, 14:29
Timely to find this thread. I just finished my first sell-off of photo gear, letting all of my Nikon film and digital kit go(**). My film work has shifted elsewhere (to RF and 4x5) and I'd outgrown the starter digital kit.

Rather than upgrade the Nikon (d)SLRs and lenses, I decided to cross-grade to an OM-D E-M5. I can use my modest set of M-mount lenses, and there are many lovely high-IQ primes available for m43 these days.

I certainly do feel some nostalgic pangs, but it was really time to let this stuff go. The key realization was that it's been holding me back rather than enabling my work. Some other redundant gear will be going shortly, along the same lines. Simplify, simplify!

(**) With the sole exception of my father's pristine Nikon F Photomic, with restored metering. You'd never guess that all of my family's photos were taken with it, except for the prints and negatives. ;-)

YES!

Cheers,

R.

Vics
12-11-2012, 06:21
I wish I'd never sold my Kenner Kittywake. 23' long overall, only drew 2'10", sailed herself on a beam reach, and had berths for all four of us. Design ala Carl Alberg. Oh, that was a beautiful boat, and we had some wonderful times in her.

goamules
12-11-2012, 06:22
An 1868 Voigtlander Petzval, because I was feeling sorry for the guy's sob story about being a poor teacher that just wanted a lens to shoot wetplate with his students. The next few months, he started buying more and more brass LF lenses all around the globe, and I stopped counting when he'd spent over $5,000 in a few weeks. I have ton's of petzvals so haven't actively tried to replace it, I seek other makes.

Also, an M1 Garand bayonet my dad brought back from the Marines, A Ruger No. 1 in .22-250, and a 64 Ford Falcon Sprint. But I'm usually happy just to have had them once.

Steve Bellayr
12-11-2012, 06:24
No cameras. I gave away my Nikkormats with lenses to my son because I replaced it with an F3 & F4. The one thing that I should not have sold was my 1970 Chevy Chevelle convertible, red with black interior.

Simon Bruxelles
02-14-2013, 11:02
My M2 back in the early 90s: I'd lost my job and had two young children to feed. I advertised the body for £200 in Loot and met an eager buyer in a fast food restaurant just off Piccadilly Circus. My big mistake was leaving the 35mm F2 Summicron on the camera because as soon as he saw it he increased his offer to £240. We settled on £260. I can remember thinking "if I don't have the camera the lens isn't going to be much use to me, is it?". It was another ten years before I realised what i'd done. The reason I haven't replaced it? Have you seen how much those lenses are worth now?

V-12
02-15-2013, 00:17
My Contax G2 outfit.

I remember the good times and the images I got from it, but when it comes to buying another I remember the slow manual focus and the auto focus that you could time with a stopwatch. But the OOF images were my own fault, I used it alongside my Leica M's and could never wait that extra half second for the camera to stop hunting and find a focus point, I had Leicashutterfingeritis. But the G2 is still a masterpiece.

jsrockit
02-15-2013, 05:46
Leica M9
50mm Sonnar 1.5 ZM

Roger Hicks
02-15-2013, 06:32
Leica M9
50mm Sonnar 1.5 ZM
Ooooh... Oooh... Oh dear. Nowadays it's about evens whether the Sonnar or the 35 Summilux goes on the front of my M9!

Cheers,

R.

jsrockit
02-15-2013, 06:35
Haha Roger, I know that's one of your favorites.

MiniMoke
02-20-2013, 06:12
One big regret, nothing to do with photography......

My Mini Moke.

Sold it because we had fallen on hard times and cash was more important than desire.

If I could, I'd..... NO, FORGET IT!!!!

(P.S.: it's not this one - just for illustration, mine was waaaaay nicer)

jdvf
04-04-2013, 12:51
My soul, my Spitfire and my R-D1s.

Greg

Roger Hicks
04-04-2013, 12:53
One big regret, nothing to do with photography......

My Mini Moke.

Sold it because we had fallen on hard times and cash was more important than desire.

If I could, I'd..... NO, FORGET IT!!!!

(P.S.: it's not this one - just for illustration, mine was waaaaay nicer)
Ouch! They're gorgeous, aren't they? Useless, but gorgeous.

As far as I recall, 405 GBP new.

Cheers,

R.

MiniMoke
04-04-2013, 12:58
USELESS? You're kidding, I used it in winter each day to commute to work. In Luxembourg, not the Bahamas!

Was the best car I ever had.... but I'm getting sentimental again.

Roger Hicks
04-04-2013, 13:01
USELESS? You're kidding, I used it in winter each day to commute to work. In Luxembourg, not the Bahamas!

Was the best car I ever had.... but I'm getting sentimental again.
Um... My (ex) fiancée bought one just after we separated in the early 70s. Next to a Land Rover (or a P4 Rover) it was pretty bloody useless.

Cheers,

R.

johannielscom
04-04-2013, 13:05
Wish I'd never sold my SCNOO, the one that I repaired myself with a metal ribbon to replace the deteriorating silk one...

It wound up in good hands, but those hands ain't mine... :o

MiniMoke
04-04-2013, 13:06
Well, depends on personal taste and sensibility to climate I guess....

Each his own, but I think I'm too old now to do such silly things again

Roger Hicks
04-04-2013, 13:14
Well, depends on personal taste and sensibility to climate I guess....

Each his own, but I think I'm too old now to do such silly things again
We all THINK that!

Cheers,

R.

FrankHoltion
06-15-2013, 23:17
I have a different point of view on this. Many of us use to sell our goods which are no longer beneficial for us. I just want to say that those things can be a memory for you too if you treat them as a antique asset of your life. Because in my point of view money is not every thing.
A silent sharing.

Roger Hicks
06-16-2013, 13:23
I have a different point of view on this. Many of us use to sell our goods which are no longer beneficial for us. I just want to say that those things can be a memory for you too if you treat them as a antique asset of your life. Because in my point of view money is not every thing.
A silent sharing.
Dear Frank,

YES!

How often do you get enough money to compensate for the loss of handling a precious reminder of your past?

Cheers,

R.

whitecat
06-16-2013, 13:36
My MINT/LN Baby Rollei, my Contax T3, my Rollei SE, my M6TTL, my Rolleiflex FW, and a couple of more......

sepiareverb
06-16-2013, 13:37
'84 Honda Civic S, tho after the oil pan gasket went while on the highway it would have been a real bear to replace with that pre-Si engine. 55+ mpg on the highway. And pretty darn comfortable too.

ricnak
06-17-2013, 00:24
Xt500

maitani
06-17-2013, 00:29
mint 21mm biogon w finder for contax RF mount

mugent
06-17-2013, 00:38
Sigma SD15, the whole kit was too big and heavy, I still think that, but I still miss it a bit too. I don't think I'd get another one, I like having small/light cameras now.

Strelnikoff
06-17-2013, 01:46
Hello Forum,

sold an OM1n to fund a Mamiya 645. Big mistake. Sold it to fund a used OM2n some years later. I am a happy owner of an OM1, an OM1n the OM2n and an OM3 now. I suspect to eventually become a collector.

froyd
06-19-2013, 20:54
Hello Forum,

sold an OM1n to fund a Mamiya 645. Big mistake. Sold it to fund a used OM2n some years later. I am a happy owner of an OM1, an OM1n the OM2n and an OM3 now. I suspect to eventually become a collector.

Too late!

. .

Renzsu
06-20-2013, 03:01
I've sold so much amazing gear.. but never really regretted it as I replaced it with other stuff. Noctilux f/1 sold, don't really miss it, M9 sold.. well, I'll get another digital sometime in the future. Hasseblad set, well, didn't really work for my style..
I only kind of regret selling my 50 lux asph. I may not use 50's often at all, but sometimes I wish I still had one and that lens was just a little jewel. A lot more practical than the old noctilux.

thirtyfivefifty
06-20-2013, 04:00
I've never regretted selling a camera yet. There was never any emotional attachment because I was looking forward to my next camera. I still am looking forward to my next camera. I do regret a couple things: 1. Holding an M7 with 50mm Summilux after telling the shop keeper that I've never held a Leica before (it was amazing). 2. Not buying back into film. There's something about working with film cameras I just don't feel with digital.

Turtle
06-20-2013, 07:15
Rolleicord Va.

I think that's the only one, really. I miss it. Beautifully simple, lovely IQ, light and it smelt lovely in the leather case.

I recently sold a chrome MP 0.58 and, as amazing as it was, I do not really miss it that much. Same goes for the MP-3.

50 Summilux asph MP-3 edition? Nah.

Avotius
06-20-2013, 07:25
Wish I never sold my black M6 TTL and Bessa R2A. Fab cameras, bought a M8, hated that, sat in dry box for the better part of a year before I got rid of it. Ended up using that M8 money to pay taxes. Regret.

Photo_Smith
06-20-2013, 07:30
Soul...

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Kenj8246
06-20-2013, 08:10
F6 (plus eight spaces)

Kenny

rinzlerb
06-20-2013, 08:25
Agfa Ambi Silette, with 50mm and 90mm. Worse than sold, LOST. I have no idea what I did with it between the years of using it as my first camera and when I got into old range finders at 49. Maybe it will turn up in an old box. I haven't owned a camera since that would fetch much (old digitals and cheap film cameras), but my wife, brother in-law, and now daughter make good use of things I'm not using anymore. Anyone want an APS elph?

Dave Jenkins
06-20-2013, 08:38
Pentax 6x7. Sold it because I didn't think I would use it again; don't buy another because I doubt I would use it. But that camera gave me more keepers than any other I've ever owned.

Lauffray
06-20-2013, 08:57
Leica M4 + German 35mm summicron pre-asph :(

Kent
06-20-2013, 09:17
There are several items I regret selling a little.

Those are the ones that hurt the most:

- Vivitar Wide-Angle 3.5/17 MC
- Nikkor-O 2.0/35
- Asahi Super-Takumar 2.8/105

DougK
06-20-2013, 12:34
My Olympus Trip 35. Once I got the hang of scale focusing, I never had a bad shot from that camera.

JOE1951
06-20-2013, 12:56
Sold only two items:

Mamiya 645J to friend. He used it for a bit and then complained to me that the focus was off. He took it to a camera repair and was told that the focusing screen was put in backwards!? ***!?

Pentax MX: great little camera! Sold it to purchase a Nikon FE2.

Minolta SRT 201 to a friend who was also an Alpa weirdo (I was in desperate financial situation). Later, gave same person a Nikon F after helping me out of same situation.

That was years (10+) ago.

Haven't sold anything since. Cameras I don't want anymore end up dismantled in a box somewhere: Chinon CM4 (first "real" camera), Olympus XA, Zenit something, Kiev contax 1 copy, various super8's, numerous POS, Contax IIa (*** was I thinking? serious regrets, but the 21mm Biogon lives on the Leica M4-P)

CliveC
06-20-2013, 13:15
My Olympus Trip 35. Once I got the hang of scale focusing, I never had a bad shot from that camera.

Now's a good chance to buy it back. Prices on eBay seem to have stabilized. Just got one for $12 + shipping.

_lou_
06-20-2013, 14:10
Bronica GS-1. My first medium format camera, and actually my first quality camera. Sold it to buy a Hasselblad which has had all sorts of problems. Nothing beats japanese reliability.

redisburning
06-20-2013, 17:47
I sold a Lamy 2000 to get a Pelikan M600 or a 400nn or something like that. I regretted that for quite a while.

I doubt I'll buy another, I own several Parker 51s and if I ever buy another fountain pen that isnt something ridiculously underpriced like a TWSBI, it will be a Nakaya.

j.scooter
06-20-2013, 18:03
I have been downsizing too much lately. Damn bills....
I regret selling my Contax G2 setup, Zeiss Ikon with 50 planar and my Nokton 35 1.2.

edit. Oh and my Fuji TX1

There should be a "kicking yourself" emoticon. If there was one I would use it at least three maybe four times in this post.

benji77
06-20-2013, 18:39
To start my RF journey, I sold my Nikon FM2 and F3HP to raise cash. Regret this! To add icing to the cake, the M6 Classic I bought was sold 1.5yrs later to raise cash to fund picture frames for some cheap oil paintings.

Now I miss the Nikon's & the M6!

farlymac
06-20-2013, 19:05
...three pick-up loads of photographic gear. But it was that, or go hungry.

PF

raphaelaaron
06-20-2013, 19:09
M8.2

i miss that hunk of beautiful junk.

Maiku
06-20-2013, 20:07
I am going to regret selling my Konca RF and Color Skopar..

semi-ambivalent
06-20-2013, 20:14
I sold a Lamy 2000 to get a Pelikan M600 or a 400nn or something like that. I regretted that for quite a while.

I doubt I'll buy another, I own several Parker 51s and if I ever buy another fountain pen that isnt something ridiculously underpriced like a TWSBI, it will be a Nakaya.

Maybe a tortoise shell Pelikan 101, huh? Now that would be schweet.

Other than that I sold for a song a mint black diopter-capable Nikon plain F prism.
s-a

Contarama
06-20-2013, 20:29
Yes I would still like to own it or one like it but I sold my F2 with kevincamera perfect black DE-1 finder on it. Body had a round serial number too in good shape. I am not sad though because I sold it to No Traces Bob and he uses it for what it was meant to do. I used a big chunk of the money to buy a lens. I sold it because I was drifting away from film as my main shooter to digital as my main shooter. If I ever buy another one it will probably be a Titan. Probably would buy a Leica before that though.

Morry Katz
06-20-2013, 20:40
I regret trading a Rollie 2.8F (planar) to help pay for a 70-300 Zeiss Vario-Sonnar for my
Contax N1. Today the Contax is worth zip and I can't afford to replace the Rollie.

kossi008
06-20-2013, 21:17
My CV 28/3.5. Sold it to raise funds for that 28 Biogon, which recently got sold in turn. Now who'll sell me one so I can sleep again?

rogue_designer
06-20-2013, 21:20
I regret selling my Rolleiflex C3 2.8 Planar. Great camera.

Other things twinge a little, but that one burns.

zerobuttons
06-20-2013, 22:03
My very first own camera, a Minolta something SLR, that my mother bought used for my birthday. Sold it many years ago, because I needed the money, and don´t replace it because it wouldn´t make sense.

Spicy
06-21-2013, 04:33
maybe it's already been sold?

drec
08-28-2013, 18:11
My Plaubel Makina 67, which I sold to raise tuition fees. Probably could have gotten a loan in order to keep it... it had some guy's name engraved on it and the ebay listing said that it didn't always wind properly, which meant that I got a steal, as it never bailed on me.

That and a 35/1.4 ASPH that is just too expensive for me to buy now. I remember 10-12 years ago when everyone (last) thought Leica was on its last legs... I bought that ASPH for $1300!

Godfrey
08-28-2013, 19:39
I sold my Hasselblads when I needed the money for other things at the time. I missed them. I've replaced them so I miss them no longer.

G

CK Dexter Haven
08-28-2013, 20:41
Hasselblad 203FE.
Twice.

Frontman
08-28-2013, 20:47
Cameras are easily enough replaced. I once regretted selling my black paint M4, so I eventually bought another.

What I most regret selling is my Jeep Rubicon. It was fun to own and drive, ante it was the first new vehicle I ever bought.

Coopersounds
08-29-2013, 03:32
My dads xe300, not an amazing camera, but it helped me learn so much....

Ronny
08-29-2013, 03:38
Never regret any salery - yet...

Roger Hicks
08-29-2013, 03:39
Cameras are easily enough replaced.
Not always. Cameras I've had and wouldn't mind having again include Tessina, Alpa 35mm, Imperial 11x14, Mecaflex...

Cheers,

R.

kehng
08-29-2013, 03:51
XPAN

1) Didn't use it often enough and needed to buy a new bicycle when I crashed mine on the way to work. Whenever I go through the photos I took with it I ask myself why didn't I use it more often??!! Spectacular images that I cannot make with any of my current cameras - not even the Mamiya 7 which I told myself would take over its role

2) Hopefully one day soon but finances and rising cost of developing and printing XPAN images have put me off.

maitani
08-29-2013, 04:51
'my' beater M2, the S3 millenium black....

Fuchs
08-29-2013, 05:01
My Summilux 35/1.4 Black with M3 goggles, and a Rolleiflex 2.8GX. They paid me about us $ 1.5k for the first and about 1k for the latter. It was 2006, and I thought it was a pretty good deal, as I was selling them to buy the announced M8. Now I see Summiluxes go for something like more than 10k, and 2.8GXs going for about twice the price then. Leicas M8 instead... sigh.

k__43
08-29-2013, 06:42
Summicron M 50/2 Collapsible cos it looked very nice on my M2.
.. sold it towards a Dual Range Cron
.. won't buy one again with those prices now

xia_ke
08-29-2013, 07:11
Any Rolleiflex I've ever sold :bang:

Vics
08-29-2013, 07:18
I'm trying to give up regretting.

Rodchenko
08-29-2013, 07:20
My Patterson dev tank and associated equipment.

jim sparx
08-30-2013, 12:36
My blue 1960 VW bus, with the orange sun painted on the front. Driving between San Francisco and Santa Cruz along Highway One picking up young lady hitchhikers with flowers in their hair and the sweet aroma of hashish in the air, circa 1963-68.

noisycheese
08-30-2013, 20:02
I wish i'd never sold my...
Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton v.1 M mount.

Two questions. First, why did you sell it? Second, why don't you replace it?
1: I talked myself into it because "I really wasn't using it that much," AKA reasoning straight from the pit of hell. Six months later, I was kicking myself. :bang:

2: I fully intend to replace it with the v.2 Voigtlander 35mm f/1.2 Nokton as soon as I can afford to do so.

Lesson learned. Now I have two rules that I live by with regard to cameras and lenses:
1: NEVER sell/trade off a Leica M camera or lens!
2: When in doubt, see and adhere to rule #1.

Scrambler
08-30-2013, 20:27
Series III Land Rover. I don't replace it because it can't seat all my family (legally anyway) and my wife can't drive it. But I did replace it with a Defender wagon. For those who don't know Land Rovers, it's like replacing your Leica M2 with an M6: 90% of people wouldn't notice but you would when you were using it. and 50% of people still couldn't drive it.

As for camera gear (you did say ANYTHING, right?) I tend to hold on to stuff. The only real regret is selling my Canon AT-1. But I can get everything it did in any number of other bodies - and arguably I have. What I regret is giving in to my (ex-)wife who insisted I sell it. It was my only camera at the time.

Tony Whitney
08-30-2013, 22:15
Well, lots! Leica M3 SS almost mint, Nikon F2 and F1, Leica IIIb, Minolta CLE - maybe a few more...TW

Roger Hicks
08-31-2013, 02:48
. . . I talked myself into it because "I really wasn't using it that much," AKA reasoning straight from the pit of hell. Six months later, I was kicking myself. . . .
Perfectly phrased.

Cheers,

R.

GrahamWelland
08-31-2013, 22:36
Xpan outfit. Sold it, bought another. Sold that and now I have another full XPan II 30/45/90 outfit again. This time I'm keeping it! :bang:

one90guy
09-01-2013, 18:15
1970 Nova SS 350 4 speed I bought new after a wonderful tour of Nam, got married and could not afford payments, insurance, and new wife. Both are gone.

Nikon F4s in great condition to buy something else, do not remember what I just had to have.

I converted a Polaroid 110A to pack film and loved that camera, sold to buy another one but had a never got around to buying. Do not remember what I bought.

David

jeffrypittman
10-27-2013, 11:16
Sold two Rollei 6008AF cameras and four lenses. Took a beating on the sale in 2009 because I needed the cash. Kept my Rollei 2.8F and Leica Ms but there are times I'd love to have the 6008AF again.

raid
10-27-2013, 11:50
Some RFF members will be soon posting here about their sold M9 cameras .... and they will be crying!

FA Limited
10-27-2013, 12:39
Pentax FA Limited 31mm 43mm 77mm
i didn't have enough faith in Pentax to make a full frame camera
but alas i have moved on

lawrence
10-27-2013, 13:00
This is an easy one -- Hasselblad SWC.

noimmunity
10-27-2013, 13:23
It's not the stuff I miss, it's the experiences associated with it. I don't really want a Nikon F to use, but I remember the first time I loaded one with film.

"The experience" seems to get so devalued these days by sensor-size/megapixel/brute IQ-index race. I wonder if you could say a little more?

Takkun
10-27-2013, 13:26
Not sold, but rather my ex ran off with them-- Canon A1 and EOS-7n. I didn't have much in the way of lenses for them but they had both been surplused to me, and I loved them for being small and light. The A1 was a neat historical piece but pain to figure out how to use, so good riddance. But the 7 was the only plastic-body camera I really and truly loved, and I'd have switched to EOS if I hadn't had a large collection of AI Nikkors.

RWaldron
10-27-2013, 13:28
This could be a long list assuming I wanted to make myself depressed. Guess I'll kept it short: Rolleicord III, Leica IIIa, Canon P, Rollei 35. I already let it get too long. Sob.

Roger Hicks
10-27-2013, 14:54
This could be a long list assuming I wanted to make myself depressed.. . .
Ah... Yes... Sorry!

Cheers,

R.

Emile de Leon
10-27-2013, 21:04
35mm Leica M f2 ver 4 made in Germany..tiny small..made some of my best pictures w/it..

raid
10-28-2013, 04:28
Leica M4 MOT, M5, 35/2.8 Summaron. I had tbese items before I started RF photography.

Harryo1962
10-28-2013, 04:56
My Konica Hexar. Best lens ever, and I loved the silent mode. And I had a Nikon F4 that I should have kept, but it was just too damn heavy.

Montag006
10-28-2013, 20:05
I've got to 2nd lawrence's...

An SWC, such an awsome camera!!!

Dirk
11-21-2013, 12:01
Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 55mm 1.8. I had a mint version which I preferred over my Summicron-R 50mm E55. Beautiful colors and bokeh. I bought three others since, but none were as good.

Duane Pandorf
11-21-2013, 12:18
Leica Elmarit-M 28mm ver IV.

Godfrey
11-21-2013, 14:14
I've got to 2nd lawrence's...

An SWC, such an awsome camera!!!

I missed mine, and my 500CM. So I bought replacements this year.

Still only use them occasionally, but when I sold them the money was an issue. It isn't at present, happily.

G

thegman
11-21-2013, 14:36
Epson V700, sold it when I thought I was done with film. That didn't last long, and I've just ordered another one.

I'm sure there are better scanners, but I need to do 4x5, which cuts down the range considerably.

DanielDuarte
11-22-2013, 06:48
Epson V700, sold it when I thought I was done with film. That didn't last long, and I've just ordered another one.

I'm sure there are better scanners, but I need to do 4x5, which cuts down the range considerably.

I regret the V600 now that I am shooting 45. Honestly though, it really sucks that Epson offers a model at 150 bucks then 600. Isn't there something in that middle range, that's a pretty large gap!

jljohn
11-22-2013, 06:57
A couple of years ago, I sold my black paint 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Pre-ASPH E46. I got it for a very good price, used it for a while and sold it at the top of the market, but, still, I'd love to have that lens again. The goofy thing is that I don't even shoot Leica (or RF's) anymore, but if I still had that lens, I'd find a camera to use.

The truth is that while I would love to own it again, it's simply not worth, to me, the $4k price it goes for these days. So, I guess I don't "regret it" in purely economic terms!

rwintle
11-22-2013, 06:57
Pentax MZ-50 and two unspectacular lenses. Not any kind of world-beater, that camera, but I wish I still had it now for fun.

julescasablancas
11-22-2013, 07:35
My entire Contax SLR kit..4 lenses, the RX and an immaculate RTS II. The RTS has the best camera leatherette ever! And both of them have awesome viewfinder.
I needed some extra cash when I sold all of them, but I inherited some Nikkor lenses so right now I'm shooting fm3a and F100

Wouter
11-22-2013, 13:42
Honda 550F

Bronica RF645
Leica M3 with inscription fault
M6 Titanium
Summilux M 50mm
Summilux M 35mm
Eos 5d
Mint Canon 7sz with 50mm 0.95 ...

Usually in need of cash ..
I could remeber some more but then I'll start crying and I'm in a mall right now..

thegman
11-22-2013, 13:53
I regret the V600 now that I am shooting 45. Honestly though, it really sucks that Epson offers a model at 150 bucks then 600. Isn't there something in that middle range, that's a pretty large gap!

I guess so, but then I suppose the main selling point for the V700 would be scanning 8x10, which is even more unusual than us lot using 4x5!

I don't begrudge Epson the price of the V700, it's a great scanner, and worth the money. I'd rather Epson made good money making scanners and was encouraged to make more, rather than scanners become unprofitable purely down to the sales price, not number sold.

Kenj8246
11-22-2013, 14:03
'68 Beetle. :)

furbs
11-22-2013, 14:10
I do kind of miss my Mamiya 7, and the amazing shots I got with it, but the 35 Summilux I got with the money from it does tend to make me forget :p

thompsonks
11-22-2013, 14:27
:eek: My first RolleiWide and my black M3 – sold in the late '80s to buy a view camera (that didn't work out for me).

regularchickens
11-22-2013, 14:35
ZM Planar and Biogon, when I "decided" I was getting out of 35mm. 'Nuff said.

DNG
11-22-2013, 14:53
Umm
I still long to replace them..

A1)
Voigtlander Prominent (V1) with 5cm f/1.5 Nokton
Robot Royal 36 with a 45mm f/2.8 SK

I owned them at different times..

But sold or traded for SLR stuff... back then I preferred SLRs, after I owned a few rangefinders...
I had no idea those two would be a highly popular as old RF camera.....
I paid $50 for a E- Voigtlander with lens, and $125 for the RR 36 with lens !! also in E-....

A2)
I haven't replaced them because I don't have $1500 ever, as disposable income. Or I would!!!!

kxl
11-22-2013, 15:21
The only gear that I've ever regretted selling and have yet to replace is the Nikon 200/4 AFD Micro. I will likely replace it after the year-end holidays.

M Currie
11-22-2013, 15:33
Some years ago I was between photographic stages or something and thought I had too many cameras. I sold a bunch of stuff I'd accumulated, much of it not memorable, but among the things I sold and regret:

A working French "Sept" with original film canisters.

A working black body Leica II with a nice Elmar lens.

A Leica IIIA with a bad rangefinder mirror, on which I accidentally mounted a nearly mint Summar lens, putting the bad one by mistake on the IIIb I kept.

I got pretty good money (this was in about 1990). The rest of the stuff, a Zeiss Movikon with assorted lenses, a couple of Speed Graphics with film pack backs, a Foth Derby, and whatnot, I don't miss so much, but what was I thinking when I threw that black Leica in?

rolfe
11-22-2013, 16:42
I've learned not to sell any Leica equipment, bodies or lenses. Eventually you will buy it back at a higher price, and maybe not such a nice example as you had previously. Obviously, economics intrude, but I will always regret trading my M4 toward an M6 because I thought the M6 was just an M4 with a meter. I didn't appreciate the nuances at the time. I had travelled the world with that M4 and it had a lot of intrinsic value to me that I only appreciated in retrospect.

Roger Hicks
11-23-2013, 04:37
I've learned not to sell any Leica equipment, bodies or lenses. Eventually you will buy it back at a higher price, and maybe not such a nice example as you had previously. . . . .
No, I don't think so. I have no desire for another M3 (don't have any) or M2 (still have one) and if my M4-P went tomorrow I can't imagine ever wanting to replace it. Likewise 35 Summicron, 50 Summicron: gone with no regrets. The only modern Leica lens I've ever sold and then bought again is the 135/2.8, and the replacement was boxed, as new, from a friend: much better than the one I sold. I bought the replacement because I liked it so much on the M8, and now I quite like it on the M9 and M too.

Among old Leica gear, no, I don't miss my II, III, IIIb, IIIc, IIIf, IIIg or any of the lenses I had with them: basically, most of the 50s except the Hektor, along with lots of others. I wouldn't mind having my 1928 Leica A back but that's just 'cos it's a nice thing to have: I doubt I'd take many pictures with it.

That's since 1969...

Cheers,

R.

hepcat
11-23-2013, 16:49
No, I don't think so.... and if my M4-P went tomorrow I can't imagine ever wanting to replace it.

Cheers,

R.

I've sold a couple of M4s over the years and re-acquired them, so I probably would have been better off keeping the first one. That said, I really like the framelines in the M4-P I picked up fairly recently. I probably won't let this one go. Past that, there's not much in the way of gear I've had and sold that I'd ever consider buying again. I'm pretty content with the equipment that's in my bag right now. Technology marches on, and I really don't want to be stuck using 1930s technology.

I don't care about being on the bleeding edge either, but there are some things about the later stuff that just makes life easier. On the other hand, the overly and unnecessarily complex controls on most of the current crop of DSLRs and mirrorless cameras leave me cold too.

Shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focus are really all I'm concerned about, not poring over some volume of forgotten lore in order to try to customize some techno-wonder to my tastes.

Roger Hicks
11-24-2013, 06:23
. . . poring over some volume of forgotten lore in order to try to customize some techno-wonder to my tastes.
But what else are midnights dreary FOR, especially if you're faint and weary?

Oh: and I now have an MP, which means that the M4-P gets less use!

Cheers,

R.

hepcat
11-24-2013, 06:27
But what else are midnights dark and dreary FOR, especially if you're faint and weary?

Cheers,

R.

Well, of course those midnights dark and dreary are solely for listening for faint rapping... rapping at my chamber door. Only this and nothing more.

I should be so fortunate as to have an MP. My M4-P will undoubtedly last me many years, hopefully to be passed on in my estate in another fifty years or so... ;)