PDA

View Full Version : Want to win an M9, lens and 5000€?

Roger Hicks
01-13-2011, 02:19
Copied from a press release I received yesterday:

Solms, Germany (January 12, 2011) - Leica Camera AG invites professional photographers to submit entries to the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award,’ an international photography competition. Photographers wishing to take part may submit their entries online from January 15, 2011 to March 1, 2011 at www.leica-oskar-barnack-preis.de. This year, the value of the competition prizes has significantly increased, with the award winner receiving their own piece of Leica history.

Cheers,

R.

RollingBall
01-13-2011, 02:49
When it says, "the photos I am entering are neither photomontage nor have been manipulated by digital or other means," does that mean the picture hasn't been changed extensively, it hasn't been touched up in ANY way?.

Roger Hicks
01-13-2011, 02:50
When it says, "the photos I am entering are neither photomontage nor have been manipulated by digital or other means," does that mean the picture hasn't been changed extensively, it hasn't been touched up in ANY way?.

Dunno. Ask Leica. I just thought people might be interested. I'm not entering personally.

Cheers,

R.

Jamie123
01-13-2011, 03:23

I would assume the usual editorial photography ethos applies.

The competition is only for professional photographers, though.

Michiel Fokkema
01-13-2011, 03:46
And only for 25 of age and under.
BTW: ANY picture, digital or analogue has been altered and changed during the proces of receiving the fotons and looking at the print.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

sper
01-13-2011, 04:06
25 and under is only for the newcomer award.

Digital manipulation means no montage I think. If you look at previous year's winners I see some serious Silver Efex filtering by one winner.

Cool beans, I'll enter my Brooklyn series. I stopped working on it this year.

swoop
01-13-2011, 04:33
It's news rules. You can edit in terms of darkroom abilities. Color adjustment, dodge & burn, cropping. That's about it.

You can't go cutting out powerlines or adding in explosions.

Florian1234
01-15-2011, 15:16
yawn, yeah... 25 years and younger Pros... sigh... not my categories at all, being nearly 27 and far away from Pro (all has good sides).

Carterofmars
02-10-2011, 07:53
Professional or non-professional 25 yr's and under...

Oh well. maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Gabriel M.A.
02-10-2011, 10:20
25 and under is only for the newcomer award.

Right, and for the other one you have to be a "professional". Very off-putting. "Professionals" would get the M9, the lens and the money from...um...their "profession" payer?