W-Nikkor C 3.5cm f/1.8 Photos!

Great shots, Jean-Marc!

Erik.

So sharp it could cut glass! Like the third image, with it's various geometries and grids.

Thank you both !!

I was on my way to the Koudelka "Vestiges" exhibition last September in Paris , unfortunately taking photos of the exhibition was forbidden... :
https://www.exibartstreet.com/news/josef-koudelka-ruins/

More from the same roll, TMax 400 - 35 W-Nikkor 1.8 NKJ and Voigtlander R2S:

BNF - Bibliothèque Nationale de France
by JM__, on Flickr

BNF - Bibliothèque Nationale de France
by JM__, on Flickr

Paris Bercy
by JM__, on Flickr

Cheers, JM

51465302745_7654ea8d9a_c.jpg
Omikuji

Here are a few shots I took a couple of years ago on my 2005 SP and multicoated 35mm f1.8. Shots were taken near Naples on Kodak gold 200. I used an after-market lens hood and it is peeking through in at least one shot, so word to the wise... DON'T USE AFTER MARKET LENS HOODS!!!

Attachments

• photo111553.jpg
    photo111553.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo111554.jpg
    photo111554.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo111555.jpg
    photo111555.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 2
You can use an aftermarket hood. It just has to be wide enough. I use one no problem.

What brand and size lens hood do you use, and how do I tell what hoods will fit? I have not even seen any after market hoods aside from the super cheap poorly designed Chinese ones. Also how How do you determine proper sizing sellers never seem to present this information, so it is very difficult with any remotely wide lens.

Same one I have that does not work. Just twice as expensive now.

I have noticed no vignetting with that general species of hood on the W-Nikkor or any other wide angle with a 43mm filter. If you look at the original 35mm f/1.8 hood (a rare bird), it is way longer than this one. Do you have vignetting? Do you use a filter and the hood?

I have noticed no vignetting with that general species of hood on the W-Nikkor or any other wide angle with a 43mm filter. If you look at the original 35mm f/1.8 hood (a rare bird), it is way longer than this one. Do you have vignetting? Do you use a filter and the hood?

I was probably using a filter, but can't recall. Also it only showed up in a little less than 1/2 of the images. Due to that I think the breathing room of the lens is a major factor. i.e. it shows up as distances around 3ft-15ft not at 50ft or Infinity.

Speaking of hoods for the W-Nikkor 35/1.8, I wonder how necessary one really is? I bought an S-mount copy of this lens over the summer and have been surprised by its flare resistance. One shot especially, where the sun was just outside the frame, showed no flare.

51465302645_ff4160309a_b.jpg
Hinomaru

The W-Nikkor 35/2.5 I have flares badly quite easily, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the 35/1.8 behaves well in this regard.

One question for users of this lens in LTM mount: does the aperture ring turn with focusing? If I'm not mistaken, the Nikon mount copy does this.

Back