Interesting Leica tattoo story worth sharing

ornate_wrasse

Local time
10:57 PM
On Saturday I met some co-workers for lunch at a restaurant here in Portland. I happened to have my M6 with me, with the Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm lens I purchased from Brian Sweeney mounted on it. The camera was sitting on the table for the waiter to see as I ordered from the menu. He noticed my Leica and commented on it, telling me how much he loved Photography and that he was currently taking some college photography classes. We got involved in a photography-related conversation , at which time my fellow co-workers probably wanted me to end the discussion so they could order their food. Of course, non of them were the slightest bit interested in photography. Anyway, during the conversation with the waiter, he rolled up his sleeve and pointed with delight to the tattoo of a Leica camera on his arm! I guess the most amazing thing was that he didn't even own a Leica, but had gotten the tattoo to satisfy his Leica leanings until he was able to get "the real thing"

Other than taking pictures of the fireworks the next day, that was the most amazing experience of my weekend :D

Ellen

I've got a tattoo of the aperture from my Summicon 50mm lens. (Not meaning to start that same old discussion again)

great story - i've got a roll of 35mm tattoo extending up my forearm

Film_tattoo_by_kmnyc.jpg

Back of my right tricep.

My college professor had one going up his entire arm and it turned into a snakes head. That was my inspiration. I got the tat when I became his TA and knew I'd be doing photography for the rest of my life. A few years later I went back and my old TA was working at the college now and he got his masters in Photography from ICP and he got a film tat also.

And I once went to an interview for photographers and some guy had a pretty cool film tattoo. And once I was waiting on line at Adorama rentals and this pretty girl had a great Hassy tattoo.

Back