WANT TO SEE MORE ADS? The
Classified Home Page shows the most recent ads placed. Click on each
CATEGORY -- such as
Medium / Larger Format Cameras
Items Totaling $100 and Less to see the older ads in that category!
1) BASICS: Buying or Selling, it's a good idea to exchange email addresses in order to keep track of each other. Shipments only with tracking is highly recommended. IF an ad seems too good to be true, the seller can be required to supply identification to RFF to place the ad. Buyers and Sellers are expected to work out sale terms together, and to keep those sale terms. IF you have problems with a RFF Classified transaction, attempt to work out those problems with your buyer or seller.
Think twice before buying items sold "AS IS." IF a buyer is not happy with the sale, it is only fair to refund the purchase price (not shipping). Most problems can usually be easily worked out with good communication.
2) PAYMENTS to Private Party Sellers: Paypal and postal money orders are good ways to make payment and have some recourse if the item is not as advertised or not received. Making the payment by credit card through Paypal may offer the extra option of reversing the payment via the credit card company.
Sellers must offer some payment method which offers buyers recourse if problems
arise. Paypal is the most popular - but not only - choice.
Sellers may not require payments be sent as gifts - as the buyer would have no
recourse with Paypal on a gift payment. It is strongly recommended that buyers do NOT make payment by bank wire transfer or Western Union or personal checks or NON Postal Money Orders, as this allows the buyer little recourse if there are problems.
Sellers may not require payment by bank wire transfer or Western Union.
All RFF sponsors take Paypal, and most take credit card payments as well - all
of which offer recourse to the buyer.
3) DO NOT SEND PAYPAL PAYMENTS AS GIFTS! If you as a buyer need to file a complaint with Paypal, what do you have to complain about over about money sent as a GIFT?
4) RECORDS: Its a good idea to save a screen snapshot of the ad to be sure what was advertised and how it was described. Separately save the larger images. Ads have a maximum life of 30 days before being automatically deleted, and the seller can delete ads at
ANY time. RFF classified ads can be deleted by the seller after the item is sold. Keep the emails/PMs between buyer and seller until the item is delivered and both are happy with the transaction.. It is strongly suggested that sellers ALWAYS require a signature to prove delivery. Within the US, USPS priority mail with signature confirmation works very well. Internationally USPS Express Mail provides tracking and proof of delivery. You can save waiting in line at the post office by creating your own account at USPS.com in order to print your own shipping labels and postage on your own printer.
5) Maximum Classified Ad File
Size is now 600 kb for each image (formerly 200k). Larger file sizes will not allow you to place your ad.
The number of ads on the classified home page has been increased to give ads
more coverage. AT LEAST ONE PHOTO is necessary for your ad to show
up on the RFF home page when first listed, or on the RFF Classified home page.
Without a pic, your ad will still show up in title searches, or when someone is
looking at ALL the ads in that particular category.
6) AFTER you place your ad, it usually takes 15 to 20 minutes for it to show up in the classifieds.
7) Most ads are $7 for a 30 day ad, in which you may have multiple items. Ads for items totaling $100
(everything in the classified adds up to $100 or less) or less have a separate category at $2 for a 30 day ad.
Ads may be deleted by the seller, or updated to state something was sold, but
new items require a new ad. Paid ads are deleted automatically after 30
days. Classified Ad payments are only accepted via Paypal. It is
probably better to start a new ad than to renew an ad that is expiring, since
new ads appear on RFF's home page, but renewed ads do not.
8) DO NOT REVISE PAID ADS WITH NEW ITEMS to save the cost
of paying for a new ad. If you notice this being done, please report
it to the mods. New items require a new ad.
9) Wanted and Trade ads are free.
10) Please do not start a forum thread about what you are selling in the classifieds (or eBay etc).
11) RFF Sponsors are professional camera dealers that support RFF by buying advertising. Sponsors have their own separate Sponsor Classifieds section.
12) The Advanced Search classified function allows you to find classifieds by choosing your search criteria. The home page of RFF and the home classified page show the most recently placed member ads.
13) DO NOT place negative comments about ads or auctions. Sellers are free to place their ads. Buyers are free to buy, or not buy. There is no need for animosity.
14) NOT all Ads are Classifieds! You may also have an AUCTION! Auctions are the first category. Remember to choose the AUCTION status by clicking the "Check here to allow members to bid on your item," starting price, auction duration (3,7,10,15, or 30 days), reserve price if you want one, and the buy it immediately price if you so choose.
15) To point out the obvious, RFF member classifieds are for private sale Photo related Gear ONLY. Not dealers. Not commercial computer or phone or similar spam ads.