Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras - > Fuji X Interchangeable Lens Cameras

Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!
Old 01-04-2012   #1
whtchocla7e

Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!

Fujifilm X-Pro1
- custom 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and EXR technology
- second generation hybrid viewfinder
- 18/2.0, 35/1.4, 60/2.4/Macro prime lenses

Quote:
Fujifilm Introduces First Compact System Camera

The new models include the X-Pro1, X-S1 (shipping this month at an expected $800 suggested retail) and a new F series model in the F750EXR (shipping in March at an expected $350).

The highlight of the offerings is the Fujifilm X-Pro1, which is a highly featured compact system camera. Fuji-filim said it will build on the success of the X100 model, by adding a camera that features a custom-developed 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and the company's proprietary EXR processor technology.

The camera also includes a second-generation hybrid view-finder and takes three prime interchangeable Fuji-non lenses, all with fast apertures.

The lenses include: the 18mm (27mm equivalent) f/2.0, 35mm (53mm equivalent) f/1.4 and 60mm (90mm equivalent) f/2.4.

LINK

Old 01-04-2012   #2
celluloidprop

A little disappointed at no 35/2 (if the specs are true), but I'll survive. 28/50 will work.

Old 01-04-2012   #3
dazedgonebye

I could want faster on the 60mm...but, this looks awful good.

"And I know now that the cure for my childhood was not to be looked after, as I once believed; it was to look after someone else." ~Philip Norman

Photography Blog
Flickr
Twitter

Old 01-04-2012   #4
keytarjunkie

sounds expensive...

Old 01-04-2012   #5
ChrisN
Striving

No 35mm-equivalent field of view lens? Fail!

"The mission of photography is to explain man to man and each to himself. And that is the most complicated thing on earth."
Edward Steichen

RFF Gallery

Flickr

Old 01-04-2012   #6
BTMarcais

There's still the x100 for the 35mm FOV, so that doesn't worry me so much.

I'm more of a fifty guy anyway though...

-Brian

Old 01-04-2012   #7
Rogier
Rogier Willems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
No 35mm-equivalent field of view lens? Fail!
Unless the quoted focal lengths are already corrected to the equivalent of 35mm film :roll eyes:

In that case it would be AWESOME!

Rogier Willems

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogierwillems/

http://www.scooter-it.com

Old 01-04-2012   #8
Nikon Bob
camera hunter & gatherer

If true I am more interested in this than the possible Nikon D4. The focal lengths will work for me alright. Fingers crossed.

Bob

Old 01-04-2012   #9
regularchickens

It makes sense that they'd avoid the 35mm equivalent length, so as not to cannibalize X100 sales.

Old 01-04-2012   #10
Mephiloco

If there were a wider offering I'd be sold. 28mm never seemed wide enough to me, 21 equivalent and I'm sold 100%. It still looks to be a winner to me even without a wider lens in the initial offering, depending on the cost of the primes

Old 01-04-2012   #11
monochromejrnl

link seems bogus to me... Greg Tarr at Wells Fargo drafting/publishing press release for Fujifilm?

The Nikon D4 leak was also allegedly written by the same person and posted on the same 'Wells Fargo' website.

... Looking forward to the real info from fujifilm
here is the dilemma and the strength of photography... it is the easiest medium in which to be competent, but it is the hardest medium in which to have a personal vision that is readily identifiable... Chuck Close

we search for truth, sometimes we find beauty - Lisette Model

But How are the Colors?
Old 01-04-2012   #12
ChrisP
Grain Lover

But How are the Colors?

I'm assuming this means 1.5x crop factor but with that named are all my images going to look like I shot them on slide film but developed for c41?

Old 01-04-2012   #13
Adanac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochromejrnl View Post
link seems bogus to me... Greg Tarr at Wells Fargo drafting/publishing press release for Fujifilm?
I don't think it is bogus; there was a press release from Fujifilm embargoed until 1200AM ET; this story is 12:01. I haven't seen the PR yet but did see an alert from Fuji themselves saying it was coming.

Old 01-04-2012   #14
Harry Lime
Practitioner

But will it zone focus or will this be another camera that is useless for street photography?

Old 01-04-2012   #15
Spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
But will it zone focus or will this be another camera that is useless for street photography?
guess you'll have to work around it with the distance scale in the VF and the LCD. I dont expect to see lenses with AF and mechanical rings from Fuji (or anyone for that matter)

I wonder if there's a chance for a manual focus lens.

Old 01-04-2012   #16
bwcolor

Can't get both the NEX-7 and the X-Pro1. I have the Hawks M adapter for the NEX-7, but if the viewfinder will allow.. an adapted Fuji will undoubtedly work better with the Biogons. I sure hope Fuji is quick to get some cameras out for review, but I'm not holding my breath. The Fuji system lenses will leave Sony in the dust.

Old 01-04-2012   #17
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

If its like the stuff Fuji's introduced in recent years, it'll cost 3 times what its worth and will be crippled by some serious flaw that makes it useless to serious artists. Sad, cause it looks like a cool idea.

Back home again in Indiana

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Technical Info pages: Film Developing times, scanning, printing, editing.

Like My Work on Facebook

Old 01-04-2012   #18
naruto
GASitis.. finally cured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Eventually, some enterprising individual will create an adapter for mounting a Summitar on it, or imagine the Millenium Nikkor 50/1.4.

me @ Flickr

Old 01-04-2012   #19
celluloidprop

Curious what the X100's crippling flaw to serious artists is.

Old 01-04-2012   #20
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

Poor autofocus and too much shutter lag, from what I've read. At the price of over $1000, I won't even consider trying something like that. Not when you can buy a Nikon or Canon D-SLR for half that with same image quality and a better camera.

Back home again in Indiana

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Technical Info pages: Film Developing times, scanning, printing, editing.

Like My Work on Facebook

Old 01-04-2012   #21
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
I dont expect to see lenses with AF and mechanical rings from Fuji (or anyone for that matter)
zuiko 12mm f2 for m4/3 - mechanical focus ring with distance scales.

Old 01-04-2012   #22
rxmd
May contain traces of nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlg View Post
zuiko 12mm f2 for m4/3 - mechanical focus ring with distance scales.
As far as I know it's focus-by-wire, too, "only the wire is shorter".

Focus-by-wire is the norm now. It would be quite difficult nowadays to build a lens with a traditional mechanical focusing helical and focus ring, then have the autofocus motor turn the ring, and have the whole system feel good, because you'll be manually focusing against the motor all the time. If you want an idea what a good focus-by-wire system can feel like, look no further than the Carl Zeiss lenses for the Contax N system. They're so well damped that people don't notice they're focus-by-wire.

Old 01-04-2012   #23
celluloidprop

I've never experienced noticeable shutter lag with the X100 - AF isn't great, no question. Arguably faster in a number of instances than a manual rangefinder, but other contrast systems seem faster.

It's certainly not a perfect camera, if such a thing can ever exist, but crippled and useless for serious artists is absurdly hyperbolic.

Old 01-04-2012   #24
250swb
-

And as soon as the X-Pro1 is about to hit the shops another manufacturer will announce its next best camera in the 'mock rangefinder' arena, and a whole new round of dithering about what to buy will start. Should I wait for this, should I buy that? All those photographs waiting for just the right camera to come along, the world will be blessed. Or we could just buy an M8 or M9 now and get on with it

And lets not forget Leica themselves are going to be responsible for throwing a spanner in the works with their EVIL system. At some point one of the big boys, maybe even Fuji this time around, will throw their lot in with Leica and the battle will be won. As soon as any other system can take the new Leica EVIL system lenses (I don't mean via adapters, but fully functional) all other talk of what to get will be negated because it will be competing against the best. Leica and one other player will own the market.

Steve

Old 01-05-2012   #25
johannielscom
Off to Nikon dSLR, MF

'Second generation viewfinder'

Still I think it would be feasable to have that viewfinder blind pop up with a square hole in the middle, have the EVF engage and then the photographer can manually focus the lens by lining up the optical image and the electronical image: a digital rangefinder concept!

It would work just opposite from a Leica rangefinder, the smaller patch would be OVF and always in focus and you would have to line up the electronic image that surrounds it.

It that would be a 'second generation viewfinder' and they have improved on manual focusing, it might be a pretty nice experience altogether!