Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Scale Focus 35's

Scale Focus 35's Though not rangefinders, scale focus 35's are 1st cousins. This forum includes such popular gems as the Rollei 35's, Petri 35's, and the Olympus XA-4.

Rollei E15 Flash unit
Old 10-05-2010   #1
lxmike
what no 'cat mode'

Rollei E15 Flash unit

Well I was having a little look at ebay and I spotted, a boxed Rollei of Germany flash unit that would fit on of my vRollei 35 camera, so I put a bid in and forgot about it, cut a long story short I won and as the seller was not sure if it was working or not, I was the only bidder. It arrived today, original box, gaurentee card, instruction manual, two prong charger, connection cable, anf flash unit and the origanl packaging insert, and finally a little bag of Rollei silica gel. Best part it all works and how much was my final bid 00.99p plus 2.00 postage. 2.99 the lot . So I'm very happy, if anyone owns or has used one of these flash units and I would be interested in hearing about their experiences with it

My Flickr

Old 10-05-2010   #2
charjohncarter

I don't own one but flash units sometimes need to be 'worked' if they have been stored. So charge it or if it has batteries even better; replace the batteries. Then dry fire many times until the capacitor is loading properly. Leave the flash charged (ready light on) when you turn it off. You will enjoy this set up. The Rollei has a leaf shutter so it will sync at any shutter speed. This is a very big advantage. If you get it working I'll be happy to help you with outdoor, indoor, and fill flash. Just PM me.

Old 10-05-2010   #3
lxmike
what no 'cat mode'

thanks for the advice John, will draw on your kowledge and some point soon

cheers Mike

My Flickr