Color Infrared
Old 08-11-2010   #1
gravityassault

Color Infrared

Morning All,

Has anyone here ever shot color infrared film? I saw a sample in a Toronto lab yesterday and was immediately piqued by it. I understand that Kodak makes, (or made), the Ektrachrome Infrared EIR, but I don't know where to get it in Canada, Toronto specifically. And do any of ya'll have any sample images?

If anyone in the forum has any sources for 35mm EIR I'd be appreciative of the info, or if anyone has some they want to sell that would be nice as well. Thanks much.

Chris

Old 08-11-2010   #2
Roger Hicks

Dear Chris,

Yes, I've used it, and there's a little bit about it in http://www.rogerandfrances.com/subsc...n/ps%20ir.html. It's not totally E6 compatible - for best results, you need a unique process, though you can put it through E6, which is what I did. It does not harm the E6 chemicas. Given its short shelf life and the fact that it has been discontinued since 2007, I wouldn't bother if I were you. A Google search will however reveal some people who are apparenty willing to sell some.

Cheers,

R.

Old 08-11-2010   #3
Brian Sweeney

It's sad, but color infrared film is history. If you want to shoot color infrared, Digital is the way to do it these days. Cameras such as the Nikon Coolpix 4500 are easy to modify yourself, others can be professionally converted. The u4/3 Olympus cameras can be converted for a few $100.