Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Golden Half, XP-2, Silver City, NM
Old 06-01-2010   #1
JoeV
Thin Air, Bright Sun

Golden Half, XP-2, Silver City, NM

Well, I finally dug the Golden Half out of my cabinet and finished off the roll of film, Ilford's XP-2. The local lab that processed my film and printed half-frame went under, so I made a visit to the local CVS Pharmacy. Talked to the gal in the photo department, tried to explain what a half-frame camera was; she had to make a call to the regional Kodak rep who services their machines, in order to figure out how to print each frame at 4"x6".

Most of these images are from Silver City, New Mexico, from late winter.

The flash images are using a small flash borrowed from my Pocket Fujica 350 camera, which makes an ideal companion to the Golden Half.

~Joe

PS: I kept these images as color files, retaining their subtle tonal variations from the XP-2 scans.

Inventor of the Light Pipe Array
My Blog
My latest book

Last edited by JoeV : 06-01-2010 at 17:22.