Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > 120 RF's

120 RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Old 04-17-2010   #26
weetsie

just need to fine one now then.

Old 05-06-2010   #27
benno
Hack.

So guys, I just picked up one of these babies on fleabay.

Hasn't arrived yet, but how do you actually use it? MF is a whole new experience to me.

I can't seem to see a shutter speed dial?

Old 05-06-2010   #28
ChrisN
Striving

RTFM!

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/fujica/..._gw690_iii.htm

"The mission of photography is to explain man to man and each to himself. And that is the most complicated thing on earth."
Edward Steichen

RFF Gallery

Flickr

Old 05-06-2010   #29
benno
Hack.

Thanks mate, I tried searching for a manual but couldn't find a free one!

Old 05-07-2010   #30
Merelyok

Well...i actually sold my Mamiya 7 with 80mm lens to fund a GW690. (the balance went towards a Canon 50mm 1.2 LTM for my Leica).

I've only shot one roll on it so far but i'm liking it more than the Mamiya already. The lack of a meter does not bother me and i actually do perfer working with a seperate, external meter.

The rangefinder patch is ALOT easier to focus than the one on the Mamiya 7 (i had the 7, not the 7II). The 6x9 format seems to suit me better as well.

Oh. And the Fujinon glass is tack sharp. Even more so than the 80mm on my Mamiya.

Flickr -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/merelyok/

Old 05-07-2010   #31
kuzano

Quote:
Originally Posted by benno View Post
So guys, I just picked up one of these babies on fleabay.

Hasn't arrived yet, but how do you actually use it? MF is a whole new experience to me.

I can't seem to see a shutter speed dial?
Both the shutter speed and the aperture/f-stop setting rings are on the front of the lens. The lens hood sliding back on the front of the lens obscures the setting readout. Slide the hood forward for adjusting.

Old 05-13-2010   #32
benno
Hack.

Well, my 6x9 finally arrived:

It makes my M3 feel dainty by comparison! I hope like hell I'm loading the film correctly - I won't be developing it for a few weeks, and won't be getting a scanner for a bit after that.

Old 05-14-2010   #33
benno
Hack.

I have a sneaking suspicion the hood on this camera is going to lose a fight with a dremel when I get home...

Old 08-12-2010   #34
larmarv916

Just purchased a GSW690III that I found at Samy's Camera up in Hollywood. Now the crazy part is that it is brand new! It was ordered and then never purchased. I got a great deal...I have been looking for a GSW for some time. I have not even shot a roll of film yet. I just got back from the store. It has all the cards and manual and a 000 counter.

So I really looking forward to putting this baby to work. So there are some gems out there, it just takes lots of energy to find em. It also weighs next to nothing . Iam going out to buy some 67mm filters next. But Iam also looking forward to shooting some great color slides.

I actually think that shooting will be easy as the shutter almost silent compared to any of my medium SLR's.....that sound like pop guns.

So I am looking forward to some fun.