Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

Old 11-16-2010   #26
dantes

Thanks for the link Peter S -

I do think the LR grain is OK... but when comparing it TrueGrain, just isnt as authentic.

What do you all think of the monochrome conversion in TrueGrain: http://grubbasoft.s3.amazonaws.com/t...-video-1.2.mov

How does this conversion compare with LR or Nik?

Old 11-16-2010   #27
Jamie123

Back when I started the thread LR3 hadn't been out yet. Now I also use LR3 for grain and love it.

While the thread continued being mostly about grain in b&w pictures, I started it to inquire about adding grain in a color photo. Unlike most I usually don't add grain in order to get a grainy picture. I'm not after the 35mm grain look. What I do is add just a little bit of grain to give the image a subtle texture and 'hide' the pixels.
If I do any kind of cloning or spot removal I apply the grain only after I'm done retouching.

Old 11-16-2010   #28
mabelsound
actually a dude

Whoa, TrueGrain is cheap now! I might well buy it. Nice deal indeed.

Old 11-16-2010   #29
dantes

Yeah, much cheaper now -- I remember seeing it many years ago. It was $300 a few years ago!

I was wondering why I didnt just get it in the first place.

Also, how do you all think the b & W conversion compares to Nik Silver Efex -- which I think does some grain too now...(http://niktrainingvideos.com/video/s...ilm_Types.html)

Last edited by dantes : 11-16-2010 at 15:26.