Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > The Business Of Photography

The Business Of Photography This is the place to ask questions about the business of being a photographer -- including but not limited to business set up, marketing, copyright, and the ever popular how much to charge.

Old 04-28-2010   #26
roadchuck

I'm completely ignorant about this type of work, but it seems like a scanner would be the tool to use for a lot of it...

Old 04-28-2010   #27
Darkhorse
pointed and shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbf View Post
Any idea where I can read more on coins collecting?
Thanks.
That all depends on what specifically you'd like to collect. A good place to start for US coins is the Red Book:
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Book-Uni.../dp/0794827667

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadchuck View Post
I'm completely ignorant about this type of work, but it seems like a scanner would be the tool to use for a lot of it...
If that were the case then I doubt I would even have this job.

Old 09-09-2012   #28
Darkhorse
pointed and shot

Someone mentioned what I do in another thread, so I wanted to give some updates. Most of the links in the original thread are dead because I don't really use my personal site anymore (hence it's been suspended) and the imaging file structure has been changed on my company's website.

When I first posted in 2010 I was a one-man department. But now I'm in the process of hiring my second employee. Putting together my photos is a time-consuming process so I need lots of help doing basic edits in Photoshop and the little things that come up during a work day. A lot of my energy is now focused on producing videos for my company, shooting and editing them. You can see one video at the company's main site at PCGS.com/.

Of course photography is still the most important and my work is becoming more important for dealers, I'll plug my best customer at Legend.

Social media is also becoming a big part of what I do since it's becoming a marketing necessity, and my new employee will help me out with that. I'm having fun, the future looks good, it's not all doom and gloom out there. Why not buy a coin? They're pretty neat.