Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

toned images from photoshop
Old 02-12-2010   #1
Ronald M

toned images from photoshop

I miss the different color emulsions I used to be able to get with real photopaper years ago. I experimented in photoshop with the color gradient, blend mode, & blend if to simulate a cool tone picture and the Kodak warm black emulsions.
Will provide details if reguested

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/u..._M/monochrome/

I really do not like the last one, but it looked good on my computer before uploading.

Old 02-12-2010   #2
Chriscrawfordphoto
Real Men Shoot Film.

The easiest way to tone BW pics in photoshop is with the Hue/Saturation command. Click the box that says COLORIZE. The pic will turn a really bright color. pull the saturation down to where it looks more natural then slide the hue slider to get the color you want. This doesn't tone the whites only the image so it looks like photo paper toned in most toners.

If you want to give tone to only the highlights or shadows or split tone, then the COLOR BALANCE command lets you do that.

Back home again in Indiana

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Technical Info pages: Film Developing times, scanning, printing, editing.

Like My Work on Facebook

Old 02-12-2010   #3
Sparrow
Stewart McBride

or use a Curves layer, that way one can adjust each channel separately, and save it to use again once you get the correct tone.

Stewart McBride

You’re only young once, but one can always be immature.

flickr stuff

Old 02-12-2010   #4
Mcary

Another method, CS3, CS4 or LR, is to use Split Toning in ACR. I usually start by setting the saturation sliders at 25. Then I adusted the Hue sliders, balance sliders and saturation sliders as needed.
Note: I start with the saturations sliders at 25 as I found that's what works for me.
Tumblr http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mcaryartnude
Not work safe