Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica M Film Cameras

Is it possible to mount an OM Zuiko lens on my M6?
Old 12-19-2009   #1
photokalia

Is it possible to mount an OM Zuiko lens on my M6?

I recently bought an OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, but after shooting a roll or two on my OM10, I still find myself preferring to shoot with my M6. Anyone knows if it is possible to mount it on my M6 via an adapter?

I see that the registration distance between the OM and M mount seems compatible, but only Novoflex has an adapter (a VERY EXPENSIVE adapter). Is there a reason no one else is making one? I'm just wondering if there is a problem that I'm not aware of, which would explain why no one is making an adapter.

Old 12-19-2009   #2
cookedart

I'm pretty sure the reason not many people use SLR adapters for M cameras is that they tend to be scale-focusing only... with a fast lens it would be super tricky to use.

Old 12-20-2009   #3
photokalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookedart View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason not many people use SLR adapters for M cameras is that they tend to be scale-focusing only... with a fast lens it would be super tricky to use.
Oh dear, guess that defeats the purpose of using it on my M6 then, since I'd want to use it at f/1.8.

Old 12-20-2009   #4
Trius
Waiting on Maitani

I've considered the Novoflex adapter when I get an M body. But I would be using it with my Zuiko 21/2, where hyperfocal shooting is easy. Given that I probably could not afford an M-mount 21/2 (even if it exists, which I doubt,) or even a 21/2.8, the high cost of the Novoflex would be reasonable. The other option would be to sell the 21/2 and buy a 21 for the M, but then I'd be left without a 21 for the OM!

Happiness is APX100 and Rodinal 1:100

A bunch o cameras. Does it really matter?
http://weedram.blogspot.com