You don't need a darkroom for developing, just a changing bag and daylight tank.
My kit, which is pretty minimal, consists of:
- Changing bag.
- 35mm cassette opener.
- Paterson System 4 twin-reel daylight tank.
- 3x 600ml graduated measures (volume driven by tank capacity). You could get by with one.
- Big jug for supply of water at working temperature.
- Thermometer (basic liquid-in-glass).
- Syringes for measuring out chemicals.
- Chemicals (developer, fixer, wetting agent).
- Stopwatch (aka my mobile phone).
- Clips for drying.
- Squeegie (a luxury, really).
- Battered old calculator (from my school days
) for working out development times for odd temperatures.
I tend to develop at most two rolls a day, so I bought an extra set of reels so that each set has at least one day to dry between uses.
I mix everything up for one-shot use, then it all goes down the drain.