Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > 120 RF Folders

120 RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Old 11-20-2009   #151
wakarimasen

Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16 with Fuji something.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Godrevy.JPG (114.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Oxford.JPG (139.9 KB, 68 views)

Old 11-20-2009   #152
AJShepherd

Franka Rolfix II

Shot on Rollei Pan 25 film.

Old 11-23-2009   #153
Mael

1931 bakelite Ebner folding, uncoated Rodenstock Trinar 10cm f/4.5 lens, Provia 400X, no accentuation. Pictures just look like the real slides.

http://www.maelbilquey.fr

Old 11-23-2009   #154
desmo

Just seeing these - beautifu!

Old 11-25-2009   #155
leighmarrin

Homeless guy in Santa Monica, holding the dollar bill I gave him. Done with a 9x12cm BeeBee folding camera and Efke PL100 film.

Old 11-25-2009   #156
oftheherd

Leighmarrin - really nice photo. I kept looking at it as that was a familiar face. Then I realized the resemblance between him and an actor who played a homeless man on a Law and Order episode. What 9x12 folder do you use?

Chippy - The US Government has been trying to convince us to go to a one dollar coin for over 20 years. Just for the reasons you mentioned. For some reason, in this country, we just don't take to the idea. I think it has to do with the ease of carrying paper money. Ten one dollar bills don't take up that much room (when I am fortunate enough to have that much money ). Ten one dollar coins in my pocket would be a drag. Literally and figuratively.

Old 11-25-2009   #157
ethics_gradient

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighmarrin View Post

Homeless guy in Santa Monica, holding the dollar bill I gave him. Done with a 9x12cm BeeBee folding camera and Efke PL100 film.
That's a really powerful shot, I love it.

Old 11-26-2009   #158
leighmarrin

"Of the Herd" and "Ethics Gradient", thanks for the feedback. The negative was slightly fuzzy, and this image has a little PS-sharpening. (Scale-focused and shot waist level at 1/25th.)

My 9x12cm camera has an uncoated 13.5cm Zeiss Tessar f4.5 lens, in a rim-set Compur shutter. It is only marked "BeeBee" on the body. Google says it was probably made in the '30s by Certo for US importer Burleigh Brooks.

Its bellows are light-tight, but the felt light seal on the back leaks. Many shots in bright light usually have light leaks on the film. (One of these years I'm gonna replace the felt strip.)

OftheHerd, this picture was taken in 2003, and I'm certain this guy was genuinely homeless, as he was quite dirty. About what year was that TV show? I'd like to think some kind TV producer hired this guy off the streets of Santa Monica. FWIW, his facial features are very similar to the native coastal Indians of Southen California.

Old 11-26-2009   #159
leighmarrin

Here's another from my Certo/BeeBee 9x12cm folder, taken in a coffeehouse in my hometown of Santa Barbara, Calif. The camera was sitting on the edge of the table for either a 1/2 or 1 second exposure, as I recall.

Film was either Agfa APX 100 or Efke PL100; I fergit the notch codes.. I used a glass plate holder with a removable film sheath, hence the slightly odd edges. (My previous pic was done with the nifty Kodak/Recomar holders which have a spring-loaded backing that will accept either glass plates or film without a sheath.)

EDIT: My link does not show up?@!! I double-checked it; should be right...
Perhaps my pic is too big? Orignal URL is http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo...252170&size=lg

Last edited by leighmarrin : 11-27-2009 at 00:22.

Old 11-26-2009   #160
oftheherd

What beautiful tones in that photo. Those old 9x12 cameras are great. In essence, a 4x5 negative, but much lighter camera to carry. Some of them have all the front movements of a 4x5, if not as much as a 4x5. Regardless, they can give very nice photos.

Old 11-27-2009   #161
P C Headland

Some expired Pro400H, guesstimated exposure and a Moskva 5. Oh, and an hour or so of free time ;-)

(click for larger version)

Flickr -- Minus

Old 11-27-2009   #162
oftheherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighmarrin View Post

Here's another from my Certo/BeeBee 9x12cm folder, taken in a coffeehouse in my hometown of Santa Barbara, Calif. The camera was sitting on the edge of the table for either a 1/2 or 1 second exposure, as I recall.

Film was either Agfa APX 100 or Efke PL100; I fergit the notch codes.. I used a glass plate holder with a removable film sheath, hence the slightly odd edges. (My previous pic was done with the nifty Kodak/Recomar holders which have a spring-loaded backing that will accept either glass plates or film without a sheath.)

EDIT: My link does not show up?@!! I double-checked it; should be right...
Perhaps my pic is too big? Orignal URL is http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo...252170&size=lg
I don't recall when that episode came out. The homeless man in question was afraid of of another homeless man and ended up confined in a hospital, totally out of touch with reality. I think it was an older one as I seem to recall it had the original cast of detectives.

Old 11-29-2009   #163
l.mar

Taken with a cir. 1949 Ikonta A /w Opton Tessar, Acros in D-76.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye contact.jpg (37.9 KB, 70 views)

Old 12-02-2009   #164
wakarimasen

Nettar with Fuji Pro 160C

Old 12-05-2009   #165
antonandreas

I had a roll recently developed that had a few strong images, but this one is actually my favorite shot in a long while.

Flickr

Old 12-25-2009   #166
fefe

Super Ikonta III, 75mm Tessar, Tri-X (cropped some of the sky)

Leica 35mm f/2 Summicron Asph | 90mm f/4 MEM | 280 f/4.8 Telyt + Visoflex III
Nikkor-S.C 5cm f/1.4 | Nikkor-P.C 8.5cm f/2
Voightlander 15mm Heliar f/4.5 Asph
Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Biogon
FSU J8 | I22

Super Ikonta IV image
Old 12-25-2009   #167
ellisson

Super Ikonta IV image

Here's one from a super ikonta IV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large.jpg (74.6 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by ellisson : 12-25-2009 at 17:40. Reason: larger image downloaded.

Old 12-25-2009   #168
ellisson

Another super ikonta IV image (Tmax400)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large.jpg (57.0 KB, 87 views)

Old 12-26-2009   #169
Doug

Ellisson, thanks for sharing your two Ikonta images above... At first glance I didn't see much there, but then imagined them presented in a photo class for comment. What can be said? Well, something comes to mind, though it may not be what you had in mind, or even another observer.

In the first one, I see a lot of vertical lines, relating the fence and house. Ok, horizontal lines there too, plus those of the sidewalk and street. So there's a horizontal/vertical geometry... counteracted by the less-ordered shape of the tree, overlapping and attempting to overcome the house's regularity. In the back faintly there's the splayed slats of the lawn chair mimicking the splayed branches of the tree.

The second has water flowing from the fountain of course, but there's a second avenue for flow under the stone footbridge. The tonality is nice, and there's an overall sense of texture and 3D.

Both then have a pleasant banality with more to see than I initially thought, and well-arranged compositions.

Old 12-26-2009   #170
ellisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Ellisson, thanks for sharing your two Ikonta images above... At first glance I didn't see much there, but then imagined them presented in a photo class for comment. What can be said? Well, something comes to mind, though it may not be what you had in mind, or even another observer.

In the first one, I see a lot of vertical lines, relating the fence and house. Ok, horizontal lines there too, plus those of the sidewalk and street. So there's a horizontal/vertical geometry... counteracted by the less-ordered shape of the tree, overlapping and attempting to overcome the house's regularity. In the back faintly there's the splayed slats of the lawn chair mimicking the splayed branches of the tree.

The second has water flowing from the fountain of course, but there's a second avenue for flow under the stone footbridge. The tonality is nice, and there's an overall sense of texture and 3D.

Both then have a pleasant banality with more to see than I initially thought, and well-arranged compositions.
Thanks for commenting.
The white picket fence is the anchor for the first image, and its reflections in the sidewalk and street in front, and in the lines of the house and chairs behind, was my intent for this image.
For fountain, I was mainly interested to see if I could capture the impact of water around the fountain and the light off the waves moving away. The stone footbridge was a nice bonus.
Thanks again,
Gary

Old 12-31-2009   #171
dolphinss

Here's a recent shot from Bessa II on Provia 100F

Old 12-31-2009   #172
oftheherd

That's a really nice shot dolphinss. I saw it on the other thread about Santa and 6x9, but it wasn't as large and didn't seem as brilliant. Really nice color.

Old 12-31-2009   #173
dolphinss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheherd View Post
That's a really nice shot dolphinss. I saw it on the other thread about Santa and 6x9, but it wasn't as large and didn't seem as brilliant. Really nice color.
Thanks! I think for medium format the larger the image the more they stand out. I'm hoping to shot a few more rolls with it before I put it on eBay again.

Old 12-31-2009   #174
dotur
od karnevala

Weltax, Efke R25

http://www.ivanlozica.com/yahoo_site...4915_large.jpg

www.ivanlozica.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZgbBritBul09-5.jpg (139.3 KB, 67 views)

Another from the Balda Super Pontura 6x9
Old 01-04-2010   #175
Sanders McNew
Rolleiflex User

Another from the Balda Super Pontura 6x9

At church Christmas Sunday in Appalachia: