Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Movies / Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media

Movies / Cameras in the Movies / TV / Media If you are a photographer, it's difficult not to appreciate movies too. In this forum you can discuss movies, as well as the cameras used in them. What camera used in what film / TV show etc has long been a topic of discussion at RFF. Whether the Exakta and 400mm Kilfitt lens in Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Nikons in Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County, cameras are tools which reflect the time and technology of the film.

Leica on TV show...
Old 11-28-2008   #1
dave lackey
Leica on TV show...

Just thought I would mention that there is a chrome body Leica (M3?) being used throughout by a kid on the Hallmark channel at the moment...the movie is called "Silver Bells"...it is a Christmas themed movie.

Wonder what other TV shows are around with Leicas or Nikons or other RF's?
Peace, Love and Happiness...

Old 11-28-2008   #2
rangefinder user and fancier
Charles Bronson starred in a series called " Man With a Camera" in 1958 to 1960.
He played the part of a Leica M3 toting photographer named Mike Kovac.
My Gallery

Last edited by xayraa33 : 11-28-2008 at 16:47.

Old 11-28-2008   #3
Flim Forever!
The episode of "Cold Case" that aired this week featured the Leica IIIC prominently.

Old 11-28-2008   #4
eli griggs
D.B. Sweeney in a short lived tv series "Strange Luck" used Leica Ms which he carried in his coat pockets. As I recall, it was a good little show and I enjoyed the photographer 'hero' role he played.

Saw this last nite
Old 05-17-2012   #5
Saw this last nite

possibly a re-run, but the detective clearly mentions it's a IIIa?

Interesting. Even back in the '50s Leica street shooters were causing and getting in trouble

Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
The episode of "Cold Case" that aired this week featured the Leica IIIC prominently.
My photo blog