Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs

Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs This is the place to talk about Photo Books, Photography Magazines, Photography Articles, as well as specialized Photo booksellers. Some books are a lot better than others, so it really does make a difference which ones you buy!

Second hand book shop in London
Old 04-18-2008   #1
srichmond

Second hand book shop in London

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a second hand bookshop in London that sells a collection of photgraphy related books? I'm looking for old books on B&W development etc. Not many book shops sell these now.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-18-2008   #2
chikne
chikne

Hi,

I don't know much about second hand but there are shops on Charing Cross road where they sell "new" old photography books. There are also various second hand bookshops where you might find photography books.

Old 04-18-2008   #3
zuikologist

There are two or three book sellers on this site:

http://www.ukcamera.com/collect/

Old 04-18-2008   #4
Paul T.

Charing Cross road is of course a great suggestion. TIme was my manor, Greenwich, had many excellent s/h book shops, but they've been driven out by rising rents.

One good source for old photography books is the Oxfam book shops that are springing up. I've seen some excellent books there. They are scattered around London, and the rest of the UK, but there's a particularly good on one Marylebone High St. It's fairly near Daunts, which is possibly the best new book shop in London.

Old 04-18-2008   #5
srichmond

Thanks for the tips, guys. Will definately have a look at some of your suggestions, and let you know if I find anything good!

Old 04-18-2008   #6
nickdando

Have you tried www.abe.com? It has thousands of booksellers who subscribe. The site gives details of the condition of the book, the price and the cost of postage. As it's international, you can search for books in foreign parts. You can also create Wanted lists, so that you'll be emailed when any of the sellers has that specific title in stock.

Nick

Old 04-18-2008   #7
Windscale

Try the Photographers' gallery bookshop. Their books may not be secondhand but very likely you will get what you want.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/index.php?pid=3