Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Cosina Voigtlander Bessa

Old 04-13-2008   #26
kalokeri
larger than 35mm

A small 28mm lens with M-mount, no matter if 2,8 or 3,5.

Thomas

Old 04-14-2008   #27
daveywaugh
Blah

The current lineup (well bodies anyway) is pretty close to perfection given their price IMO, but I have a couple of minor wishes for an R5... Firstly I'd love a self timer. My second one is completely subjective but I'd really like to see some refinement in the body design. To me the Ikon is sooo much prettier! Is it because the R 'tank' design is just a little too utilitarian and angular? Could we also at least have a chrome version like the limited edition R2M? On pure aesthetics, I'd love to see the Voigtlander logo on the front in place of the boring lettering - or simply nothing for that matter. Put it on the top plate.

I could ask for a larger/brighter VF but hey, then I'd be asking for an Ikon ;-)

So there - one semi sensible suggestion and the other just aesthetics... but that's important too! :-)

Old 04-14-2008   #28
daveywaugh
Blah

The current lineup (well bodies anyway) is pretty close to perfection given their price IMO, but I have a couple of minor wishes for an R5... Firstly I'd love a self timer.

My second wish is completely subjective but I'd really like to see some refinement in the body design. To me the Ikon is sooo much prettier! Is it because the R 'tank' design is just a little too utilitarian and angular around the VF? I liked the 'R' better. Could we also at least have a chrome version like the limited edition R2M? On pure aesthetics, I'd love to see the Voigtlander logo on the front in place of the boring lettering - or simply nothing for that matter. Put it on the top plate.

I could ask for a larger/brighter VF but hey, then I'd be asking for an Ikon ;-)

So there - one semi sensible suggestion and the other just aesthetics... but that's important too! :-)

Sorry for the duplication - newbie alert!!! Just realized the question asked about lenses not bodies... I'm an idiot! I will crawl into my corner then and ask for a rerelease of the 50mm Heliar!

Last edited by daveywaugh : 04-14-2008 at 01:00. Reason: newbie

Old 04-14-2008   #29
nzeeman

two types of r5 metal and plastic (plastic would be something like a new generation of r - low price like r also) but with long rf base in 2 versions m and ltm mount. mechanical shutter of course. if it lowers the price it could be without meter. it would be great camera for use and available for everyone. and some decently fast 50 lens which go with it - it can be based on some old design - sonnar (like jupiter 8 for example - everyone would love to have brand new sonnar type lens) lens could be offered also in 2 versions - one with nicer finish and barrel made of more expensive materials, and other can be more expensive but also more quality made. if they could keep price low enough - i think they would sell really a lot.

Old 04-14-2008   #30
alan davus

Considering how often I drool on the Matsuiyastore website over the Hexanon 50 1.2 (priced over $2000 bucks,) an all metal 50 1.2 M as compact as possible and for about $1000 please and available in a high quality chrome finish.

Old 04-14-2008   #31
pvdhaar
Zoom with your feet!

How about a 25-35-50 Tri-Skopar? But only if it's compact. Doesn't even need to be f2-f2.8, if it's f4 is fine. Just make it the ideal travel solution. Complete with a matching multi focal length finder to get it to work on a Bessa-T... Wouldn't that be nice?

Peter

My Hexländer Gallery

Old 04-14-2008   #32
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

An accessory finder for multiple focal lengths should be welcomed by many RF users.
RFF gallery
Flickr gallery

Old 04-14-2008   #33
Roger Hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
A truly compact 50mm Collapsible Tessar 3.5 or 2.8 in LTM. A modern successor to the Elmar.
Seconded; this was my first thought too.

I found it depressing how many people specified prices for their 'want' lenses: usually, unrealistically low prices. I'd rather have it made right than made cheap.

Cheers,

R.

Old 04-14-2008   #34
Kawabatnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdhaar View Post
How about a 25-35-50 Tri-Skopar? But only if it's compact. Doesn't even need to be f2-f2.8, if it's f4 is fine. Just make it the ideal travel solution. Complete with a matching multi focal length finder to get it to work on a Bessa-T... Wouldn't that be nice?
A humbler request: a dual lens 21-35mm/f4 (though the faster the better). It would be fine on a R4, but I admit I am cheating here since I would use it on a R-D1... It doesn't need to be particularly compact, the size of the Hexanon dual lens 21-35mm/f3.4-4 is a good start.
(or to be original, a dual lens 21-40mm/f4?)

Old 04-14-2008   #35
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

A 25mm M mount lens with a more realistic speed ... f2.8 would be nice, to match the Zeiss ... but maybe a couple of hundred dollars cheaper!

flickr

Old 04-14-2008   #36
pvdhaar
Zoom with your feet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post

I found it depressing how many people specified prices for their 'want' lenses: usually, unrealistically low prices. I'd rather have it made right than made cheap.

Cheers,

R.
I don't think it's unfair that people state a 'want' price, even if it's 'cheap'. If you want perfect, there's always the red-dot brand..

Besides, so far, I haven't seen anything that's completely off limits, as long as you take the smilies into account.. Ok, a $500 50/1.2 is pushing it, but is it really impossible if the only goal is 1.2 and we'll accept at what ever other limitations it comes?

I'd consider these 'want' prices as cross-over points, where affordable and sensible start to lose from prestige and perfection..

Peter

My Hexländer Gallery

Old 04-14-2008   #37
ruby.monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdhaar View Post
I was just going to suggest a 35-50-90 equivalent to go on my M2.

Old 04-14-2008   #38
Andrew Sowerby

I also like the Tri-Skopar idea, but would prefer 28-35-50, as they're more standard focal lengths. If there is a multi focal length finder, make sure that it is purchased separately. Regarding speed, f/4 would probably be realistic, f/3.5 would be great and I would buy one in a second at f/2.8. Again it would have to be a reasonable size. If three focal lengths is too much to ask, I'd go for a 35-50 f/2.8.

Such a lens might not be a very good seller though. If CV wants to make something that people will drool over, I'd suggest a 50mm f/1.2 lens similar to the 35mm ASPH Nokton. At under $1000 (like the Nokton), I think that it would sell very well. The build quality would have to be high.

Old 04-14-2008   #39
dap

I think a 75/2 lens is in order (although I secretly wish that cosina would make an exact copy of the infamous leica 75/2.4 prototype).

An affordable 50/1.2 would also be a step in the right direction seeing as though all the modern versions of these lenses go for silly money.

Old 04-14-2008   #40
ray*j*gun

Second this but would want a Nikon S mount and LTM.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlewisiii View Post
Since we're dreaming...

Collapsible Tessar 50/3.5 in LTM, S & C mount versions. Uncoated preferable, single coated acceptable. A 50/2.8 would be acceptable as well, but historically the 3.5 lenses always have out performed the 2.8's.

I'd buy the C mount personally. The others would be to make enough for economic needs.

William

Old 04-14-2008   #41
Avotius
Monster Rancher

I would like the 28-35-50, leica's choice is sooooo bloody expensive on the used market. But even a 28-50 dual something with f 2.8 would be even better, I would get one of those in a flash.

That said I like a fast 5 idea just as much, but all lenses produced should focus to .7 meter regardless as .9 is often a real barrier and the reason I didnt get the 50 nokton, 35 ultron, 50 sonnar, etc etc etc

Old 04-14-2008   #42
funkaoshi

I think it'd be nice to see some of their LTM lens redone for the M-Mount, with the build quality to match some of their newer lenses.

Old 04-14-2008   #43
Kevin
Rainbow Bridge

A digital Bessa III with a large bright viewfinder, AE and a 5x8cm cropped sensor.
Canonet QL17+QL19 Casio EX-P700 Contax G2+645AF Epson R-D1 Fuji GSW690+Natura Konica Hexar AF Leica M6+CM+Minilux Minolta CLE Mamiya 6+RZ67 Olympus E-410 Nikon D70 Sigma DP1 Voigtländer Bessa II Yashica Electro GSN

Leica 35mm 1.4 Summilux Aspherical + ASPH, 90mm 2.8 Tele-Elmarit VC 15mm 4.5 Heliar Asph, 28mm 1.9 Ultron Asph, 35mm 1.2 Nokton Asph, 40mm 1.4 Nokton SC, 50mm Nokton 1.5 Asph, 75mm 2.5 Heliar Contax G2 28mm 2.8 Biogon, 45mm 2.0 Planar, 90mm 2.8 Sonnar Minolta 40mm 2.0 Rokkor

Old 04-14-2008   #44
Pherdinand
5000 & call it a day!

How about going back to the roots a bit.
A well made Bessa medium format rangefinder.
Folding or not-folding, i don't really mind (folding would make it more compact though).
Ideally with interchangeable lenses, but would be nice enough to have a 6x6 (or even 6x9) with a normal lens f/2.8-ish and one with a wide lens, say a 6x6 2ith 80mm f/2.8 (nice old Heliar or Lanthar design would do, or Planar type?) and a 6x6 with 50mm. Or a 6x9 with 100/2.8 and 55/somthing
A tele folder would also be cool, though.

Old 04-14-2008   #45
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Another vote of support for this idea!
And I really like Pixtu's idea about an AE Bessa R.
Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlewisiii View Post
Since we're dreaming...

Collapsible Tessar 50/3.5 in LTM, S & C mount versions. Uncoated preferable, single coated acceptable. A 50/2.8 would be acceptable as well, but historically the 3.5 lenses always have out performed the 2.8's.

I'd buy the C mount personally. The others would be to make enough for economic needs.

William

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 04-14-2008   #46
alan davus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post

Cheers,

R.
Roger, I asked for a 50 1.2 for a $1000 because at that price I would buy it in a flash. Is this unrealistic real world? I don't know.

Old 04-14-2008   #47
nzeeman

it seems that i am the only one interested in plastic , cheap, long base bessa

Old 04-14-2008   #48
Daniel Kreithen

How about a 35mm folder with the 40mm/f2 Ultron as a fixed lens? Make it small (Zeiss Contessa size). Definitely make it manual focussing...

I also second the idea for an updated Bessa 6x9 folder.

Third idea: a collapsible 90mm M-mount lens, reasonably fast (f2.8?). When collapsed, it ought to be quite short - and a reversible lens shade for storage...the perfect long focal length travel lens.

SL lens line: a 24mm / f2.8 or f4 with an updated design (i.e., using aspherics) in both Nikon and Pentax mounts...make it much smaller than the Zeiss offering.

Old 04-14-2008   #49
KoNickon
Nick Merritt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherdinand View Post
How about going back to the roots a bit.
A well made Bessa medium format rangefinder.
Folding or not-folding, i don't really mind (folding would make it more compact though).
Ideally with interchangeable lenses, but would be nice enough to have a 6x6 (or even 6x9) with a normal lens f/2.8-ish and one with a wide lens, say a 6x6 2ith 80mm f/2.8 (nice old Heliar or Lanthar design would do, or Planar type?) and a 6x6 with 50mm. Or a 6x9 with 100/2.8 and 55/somthing
A tele folder would also be cool, though.

Yes, a medium format folder -- with the Heliar! Call it Bessa III. With a leaf shutter, of course, and 6x9 format plus a 6x6 mask. I'd want a really big, bright viewfinder/rangefinder, and a meter would be great too but not critical.

Old 04-14-2008   #50
denishr
アナログ侘・寂

I'm with Pherdi's idea.
MF folding rangefinder with fixed lens (6x9 plus 6x6 mask).
I think that such a product (if realistically priced) would have its customers - look what a commotion the Fuji prototype generated...