Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Film / Developing / Chemistry

Which Pro 120 film is like Elite Chrome 100?
Old 03-18-2008   #1
nightfly

Which Pro 120 film is like Elite Chrome 100?

I need a roll of 120 film and I know I really like Elite Chrome 100 in 35mm. However all the Kodak 120 is their "pro" emulsion, Ektachrome. Do I want E100G or E100GX?

Going to be shooting cherry blossoms with my Rolleicord and want vivid but not un-naturally so (so no VS). I want the results more tilted toward blue than green (hence no Fuji).Want to emphasize pink blossoms against blue sky.

Old 03-19-2008   #2
joachim
Convicted Ektachome user

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly View Post
I need a roll of 120 film and I know I really like Elite Chrome 100 in 35mm. However all the Kodak 120 is their "pro" emulsion, Ektachrome. Do I want E100G or E100GX?

Going to be shooting cherry blossoms with my Rolleicord and want vivid but not un-naturally so (so no VS). I want the results more tilted toward blue than green (hence no Fuji).Want to emphasize pink blossoms against blue sky.

Looking at the Kodak data sheets http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4024/e4024.pdf and http://www.kodak.com/eknec/documents...bbf/E7014e.pdf, it seems that E100G is a closer match to Elite 100. But I would suggest you test them both to decide which one you like better.

Old 03-19-2008   #3
Rhoyle

I've found that E100G is quite neutral in its color balance. The saturation is good but not over the top. Many people prefer the added warmth of E100GX, but I feel that E100G is more accurate. Both would work wonderfully for your use here.

Old 03-19-2008   #4
nightfly

Thanks.

I'll probably go with that.

I've also thought about going the other way and getting my hands on some Fuji Fortia SP if anyone wants to split a 5 pack of it. I only need a roll or two.