Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Old 03-22-2012   #126
raid
Dad Photographer

Have: Mamiya 645 and Rolleiflex TLR

Want: Hasselblad SWC

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

Old 03-22-2012   #127
mfunnell
Shaken, so blurred

What I have are some very good "go to" lenses which I know well enough to choose between based on circumstances and intended usage (for RF: CV 28/1.9 Ultron, M-Hexanon 28/2.8, M-Hexanon 35/2, UC Hexanon 35/2, M-Hexanon 50/2, Elmar-M 50/2.8, Summilux 75/1.4). I also have a bunch of other lenses (some expensive, most not so much) which I haven't used so frequently, some for cameras I haven't used often.

What I want is time to use them, to get to know them and work out how to get the best from them. While taking photos I actually like.

I'm just about to get that time, as the project and contract I'm working on comes to an end. Unfortunately, I also need to pay bills, pay for food etc. which means it won't be that long before I need a new job. (Really not that long: I haven't fully recovered from my last period without work.)

Given the difficulties and stresses of looking for work, while theory has it that I'll have the time I want for photography, practical experience tells me I won't be in the right psychological state to use it well. Then (I hope!) I'll find a job and so not have the time... Around and around it will go.

What I need is a lottery win, or a rich (and generous) uncle I've never heard of. One's as likely as the other.

...Mike

My RFF top 10(12). My flickr photostream has day-to-day stuff, while dA has some of my better shots.

Old 03-22-2012   #128
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey

One lens I do really want but can't get my head around the price, is the G series f2.8 24-70 Nikkor. Between my D700 and F6 that would be one very useful piece of glass!

flickr

Old 03-22-2012   #129
Jobin

Have: nokton 35 1.4
Want: nothing

Loving the short throw focus of the nokton. Nice little lens.