Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Optics Theory -

Optics Theory - This forum is aimed towards the TECHNICAL side of photographic OPTICS THEORY. There will be some overlap by camera/manufacturer, but this forum is for the heavy duty tech discussions. This is NOT the place to discuss a specific lens or lens line, do that in the appropriate forum. This is the forum to discuss optics or lenses in general, to learn about the tech behind the lenses and images. IF you have a question about a specific lens, post it in the forum about that type of camera, NOT HERE.

Anyone work on a Carl Zeiss jena biotar 58/2?
Old 01-08-2008   #1
Mudman

Anyone work on a Carl Zeiss jena biotar 58/2?

I found one of these in a garage, a little bit of dirt on the lens, but the aperature is fine, however the focus won't move. Does anyone fix these/know how to get in contact with Sherry or DAG? I won't be able to fix it for a little bit, but I'd love to try it out.
Thanks,
Eric

Old 01-08-2008   #3
David Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman
I found one of these in a garage, a little bit of dirt on the lens, but the aperature is fine, however the focus won't move. Does anyone fix these/know how to get in contact with Sherry or DAG? I won't be able to fix it for a little bit, but I'd love to try it out.
Thanks,
Eric
I just bought one in Exakta mount so I can give you are report as soon as I get an Exakta body! I've used the Flexon (on Praktina) and Pancolar on Exkata and these are nothing short of stunning. I hear they are derivatives of the Biotar, but maybe an expert here can clarify this.
Canon L1, Leotax S, Bessa R2C, Konica Autoreflex, Canon FX, Pentax Spotmatic, Minolta SRT-101, Nikon F, Exakta VX, Miranda Automex II, Leotax K3, Yashica Mat LM, Leotax S, Pen FT, Rollei 35S, Ricoh Singlex TLS, Kowa Six, Pentax K1000, Canonflex, Praktina, Voigtlander R2C

http://legacycamera.wordpress.com

Old 01-09-2008   #4
Mudman

Yeah, this is nice because it is in 42mm so I can use it with my spotmatic and my k1000 and K10d