Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinder

Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinder This is for the current production Leica M mount Zeiss Ikon camera and lenses.

Sean Reid Zeiss ZM 35mm f1.4 Review
Old 11-04-2014   #1
Sean Reid Zeiss ZM 35mm f1.4 Review

Just got an email that Reidreviews.com just published their field and studio review of the Zeiss ZM 35mm f1.4 a few hours ago.

I don't have time to check it out right now, but just thought I would give you folks a heads up. I think many of us are wondering how this lens performs and how it compares with the similarly sized (but half the price) Voigtlander 35/1.2 asph vII.

His site is a subscription website and in my opinion, is well worth the $32.95 for a year of membership. I like how level headed, scientific and well written his reviews are.

Old 11-05-2014   #2
It looks like a very promising lens and I will probably get one. I had the chance to briefly try one on my M240 while at the PhotoPlus Expo in NYC last week. I posted some web-rez samples in a thread over at FM: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/top.../1065#12661713

I also have the CV35/1.2II, but didn't have it along at the expo to compare - it wouldn't really be a great place to do that anyway with the limited time I had with the ZM...

Off hand, I think the ZM at f/1.4 will be a bit sharper and higher contrast than the CV, across more of the frame. Stopping down just a couple stops and the ZM seems great from pretty much edge to edge. The CV may have more field curvature, but is also very good edge to edge by around f/4.

Old 11-05-2014   #3
I just found out that my subscription expired yesterday Won't be subscribing again unless I want to buy one of the lenses he reviewed...but he is a great guy and has the best write-ups.
Victor is too lazy for DSLRs

Amateur reporter, fashion shooter, estranged adapterholic
"If it can be focused, it can be manual focused!"

LFI gallery