Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Kodak Retina RF

Kodak Retina RF This forum is for the 35mm Kodak Retinas, known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses.

Found it! Filter adapter for Retina II
Old 11-06-2007   #1
bkrystad

Found it! Filter adapter for Retina II

A while back, I purchased a few Kodak Series VI press-on adapters and B&W filters for my Retina IIa (Schneider Xenon lens) that worked just dandy.

When I got my Retina II with a Rodenstock Heligon lens, however, I discovered that the knurled ring at the front stood a little proud of the rest of the lens casing. Putting a Series VI adapter over the snug fit on the front, it hung loose. Adjusting the press-on tines didn't work.

I put it in the back of my mind to find a screw-in adapter instead. Months later, today, I finally took a trip to Kenmore Camera in north Seattle and worked my way through their boxes of filters and filter adapters between 28mm and 30.5mm. Not a lot there in the 29.5mm range, but with patient help from an employee at the counter, we found a Tiffen #509 screw-on adapter. Bingo! It takes Series V filters, and I quickly found a fine K2 to put in it. Here's how it looks. Now for some photos in the low fall sunshine, while it lasts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4649.JPG (81.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4654.JPG (89.3 KB, 35 views)