Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Digital Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Epson R-D1 Digital RF

Digital Epson R-D1 Digital RF A dedicated forum to the first Digital rangefinder camera.

21mm or 25mm Voigtlander Gallery on an R-D1
Old 09-05-2007   #1
villain 2
John 3:16

21mm or 25mm Voigtlander Gallery on an R-D1

Trying to decide between the 21 mm or the 25 mm I need to see some galleries of photo's taken with these two lens on the R-D1 to make up my mind. Please respond with some links Cheers. Villain!

Old 09-05-2007   #2
Tom Conte

This is a good reference:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...d-1-lens.shtml

Old 09-06-2007   #3
RML
Just live it.

I sometimes use my CV 25/4 on my R-D1 but I'm not keen to do so. First of all, it's VoF is no longer that of a 25 (and I like the 25mm VoF). Secondly, the vf is not a good match for the VoF of the 25mm and 1.5 crop factor. It's also useless to use the auxiliary 25mm vf; but the 15mm vf is quite OK in that respect.

Join the Rangefinder Blog/Site Ring.

Old 09-06-2007   #4
JNewell
Leica M Recidivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RML
It's also useless to use the auxiliary 25mm vf; but the 15mm vf is quite OK in that respect.
Do you mean the"D" finders or the regular 35mm (24x36) finders?

Old 09-06-2007   #5
victoriapio

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain 2
Trying to decide between the 21 mm or the 25 mm I need to see some galleries of photo's taken with these two lens on the R-D1 to make up my mind. Please respond with some links Cheers. Villain!
Villain,

I just got the f2.8/21mm Zeiss Biogon (32mm FOV on R-D1) and will be giving it a workout this weekend. I can say in very preliminary test shots that the Zeiss has very minor vignetting which does not need any correcting at all in most shots.

I don't have the 25mm but do have the f4.5/15mm Heliar (23mm FOV on R-D1) and other than the vignetting - which is correctable - it is a wonderful lens, razor sharp and has beautiful contrast. I mention this in case you are looking for something a bit wider too.

I will be posting some 21mm shots in the next few days on my site (www.ocgarzaphotography) under the R-D1s Gallery. Any wide shots currently in that Gallery are from the Heliar, any longer shots are from a Leica Summicron 50 (75mm FOV).

O.C.

Old 09-06-2007   #6
pfogle

there's a 21mm CV f4 folder in my gallery, and the Snowdon pix are taken on an Avenon 21mm f2.8. I think most of the cruise pix are as well.

Sorry, never used a 24mm or 25mm.

My Gallery

Old 09-06-2007   #7
emraphoto

i was in the same boat about one month ago! i bought the 15mm heliar f4.5 instead an i am very happy with it... if you follow the "me galleria" bit at the bottom of my posts you'll find a gallery on non contax g with quite a bit of the 15mm. i know it's not a 21 or 25 but do consider it! i use the viewfinder from my grd with the 21mm lines for the 15mm

Old 09-06-2007   #8
victoriapio

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain 2
Villain 2,

I took a few pictures with the 2.8,21mm Biogon today and posted them to my Gallery titled "R-D1s". I also renamed each photo in that Gallery to include the lens used to take the photo.

Click to http://www.ocgarzaphotography.com and click on the Gallery, then R-D1s.

O.C.

21 mm
Old 09-09-2007   #9
villain 2
John 3:16

21 mm

Hey, those shot are excellent just what I wanted to see. I also like what the 15 mm
does. Good job.