Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Not the adapter I was looking for.
Old 07-20-2007   #1
kb244

Not the adapter I was looking for.

So I made a little error when purchasing a used adapter from B&H for the Pen FT. It said it was for attaching a Pen FT to a Bowen slide duplicator, and we had plenty of those 99% of the time they're T-mount on the top. But this was not the case rather what I received was a silver ring with the mark on where to put it on the pen FT. No threads (just black light baffle down the barrel) and a deep groove around the front portion of the ring.

My theory is that this allows me to attach the Pen FT to a macro bellow by inserting the grove in the back end and screwing down on a clamp to lock it into place. I was hoping for a T-mount so I could use some of the wide angle t-mount lens round the store.

I don't want to do just macro work.... what use can I have for this adapter?