Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Coffee With Mentors > Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com

Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com It is almost never that an inventor improves on a Leica product so that it is better than the original Leica product. Tom holds that distinction with his RapidWinder for Leica M rangefinders -- a bottom mounting baseplate trigger advance. In addition Tom manufacturers other Leica accessories such as his very popular Soft Release and MiniSoftRelease shutter releases. Tom is well known as one of the true Leica rangefinder experts, even by Leica. IMPORTANT READ THIS: CWE Forum hosts have moderation powers within their forum. Please observe copyright laws by not copying and posting their material elsewhere without permission.

Old 09-12-2007   #76
Tom A
RFF Sponsor

Randy, of course you should continue the search for a 35f2.8. The old adage "Do as I say, not as I do" really comes into play here! Just to give even more insanity to gear!I had to go and mail something, so this involves a walk of 4 blocks (uphill and steep at that) so I equipped myself with yet another piece of less used equipment. An old Nikon S and a 50f3.5 Tessar lens and a roll of Lucky 400. The reason seemed good at the start of the hill "wonder if the times are OK on the S" and " Zeiss Contax lenses are not matched to Nikon helicoils". It took 40 minutes up and down the hill but I did shoot the roll. Oh, I was also trying to figure out how the Lucky 400 is working with my Td 102 developer? Some reasons for taking pictures are better than others!
The old Nikon S is an interesting piece of equipment. Film gate is 24x34 mm and it is built like a tank and about as heavy. My upcoming project is to shoot with all my Zeiss Prewar and Postwar Contax lenses (21f4,5, 28f8, 35f3,5, 35f2.8 pre-war, 35f2.8 postwar T*, 50f2 and 50f1.5 and the 85f2). First test will be with Nikon's and second will be with Orion style adapter on M's. No scientific purpose whatsoever, just a reason for using up a 100ft roll of Tmax 100 before it gets old enough to vote or drink in public.

Old 09-12-2007   #77
vrgard

You're evil, Tom, just plain evil! (as if I needed anyone to further motivate my camera/lens GAS tendencies!)

And good for you for keeping all that old gear operational. Looking forward to seeing some results, particularly those taken with a Sonnar lens.

-Randy