Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > 120 RF Folders

120 RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

37mm pshon lens hood for Agfa Solinar 105/4.5?
Old 06-12-2007   #1
murrayatuptown

37mm pshon lens hood for Agfa Solinar 105/4.5?

Testing out an Agfa Record III, Solinar 105/4.5 that has to be an unfolder for now. Persistent pinholes in bellows. I finally took some black Plasti-Dip (tool handle dip coating), diluted with some solvents and after a few attempts at the corners only, 'painted' all exterior surfaces of the bellows I could reach.

I am wondering how hard it is to find a 37 mm push-on lens hood, or if anyone has made one from junk like empty vitamin bottles.

Thanks

Murray

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2398'><b>My RFF not-quite Gallery</b></a>

Seems like people tend to list their RF hardware: Argus C3 (x3), Medalist II, Agfa Record III, 2x3 Mini SG

Old 06-12-2007   #2
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

You could make one, or you might find something with Heavystar on eBay.
RFF gallery
Flickr gallery

Old 06-12-2007   #3
murrayatuptown

Heavystar - thanks - I'll check for them.

I may try the HDPE plastic bottle method also. I have been saving empty bottles hoping to find the right size :O)

<a href='http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2398'><b>My RFF not-quite Gallery</b></a>

Seems like people tend to list their RF hardware: Argus C3 (x3), Medalist II, Agfa Record III, 2x3 Mini SG

Old 06-13-2007   #4
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

Murray,
You might also look at this seller's store:
http://stores.ebay.com/photo-widget
I haven't yet done any business with him/her but they seem to have a bunch of older filters/hoods etc for not too much $.
Might be useful.
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain

Old 06-13-2007   #5
murrayatuptown

Thank you.

Yes, he actually had an Agfa one, but I don't need it badly enough for $30...makes me think I should list all the crap in my basement on eBay!

Murray...