Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Micl Photo Acc / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Micl Photo Acc / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Suggested bag for Bessa?
Old 06-07-2007   #1
BrazilNut

Suggested bag for Bessa?

My husband uses his Bessa all the time, but doesn't have a bag for it and is always knocking it into things (including our 2 year old's forehead)... so I wanted to get him a nice camera bag for Father's Day and thought I'd ask for any suggestions. He's a fan of form and function, so I wanted something stylish and hip that doesn't skimp on quality. Someone suggested a Crumpler bag, but I wasn't sure which one would work best with the Bessa. Any suggestions are most welcome!

Old 06-07-2007   #2
mfogiel

A bag is difficult to digest for a rangefinder shooter, better get him a nice Luigi half case.

Old 06-07-2007   #3
vrgard

A Luigi half case is a good suggestion. But it will only slightly cushion the blows to the child's forehead.

The bag that I would recommend, since it's exceptionally functional and at least minimally stylish, is the Domke F-5XB. You can do a search on this forum for lots of discussion of this and many other bags.

-Randy

Old 06-07-2007   #4
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator

is it just for one camera and the attached lens or does he have a few lenses?

joe

x-e1/23/56/16-50

Old 06-07-2007   #5
rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by back alley
is it just for one camera and the attached lens or does he have a few lenses?

joe
Good question.

In general the Domke bags are very nice and functional. If he only has a camera and one or two lenses a 5xb bag is very nice, if he has a couple extra lenses an F6 bag is very good to work out of.

Though, Luigi's cases are super and I am sure you both, all three of you actually, will appreciate it if you chose to go that route.

Millennium M6TTL with Voigtlander 35/1.2 Nokton

rover's world at flickr

Old 06-07-2007   #6
Joe Mondello
Resu Deretsiger

Get him a Billingham small Hadley. Perfect small bag and beautifully made too.

40mm Nokton 1.4, 28mm Ultron 1.9, 15mm Super Wide Heliar Asph 4.5, 75mm Color Heliar 2.5, 1963 50mm Summicron DR 2.0, 35mm Summaron 3.5 with eyes, 1931 Leica I(c) Standard w/ 50mm 3.5 Elmar, I miss my stolen double stroke M3

Old 06-07-2007   #7
jaypolaski

As a street shooter I find myself using a canvas messenger bag. I can hold my MP3 player and maps or notebooks, extra film meter etc without looking conspicuous which , at least to me, is important for an RF user. Given the budget for a bag, I'd probably go with one from M Classics. Great looking functional bags designed for off the hip inconspicuous shooting, and if he needs more protection, he can add padding to it from Billingham bags. The price is decent considering what you're getting, and if he ever moves to a Leica or a second body, that bag will grow with him. That's my $0.02 anyway (or at least what I'm trying to convince my wife to get me for father's day

Here's a shot of one:

and open:

disclaimer!! I'm in no way connected to this company. Just impressed and pining for one myself

Panasonic GF1, Olympus 35RC, Kiev 4A, Canon GIII QL 1.7, Olympus OM-1n, Nikon F3, Nikon FE, FM2n, Canon 40D, Mamiya RB-67 Pro S, Rollei 35, Holga 120N

My Flickr

Old 06-07-2007   #8
aizan

billingham, fogg, and artisan & artist make stylish, high quality camera bags. if we're talking about a single body and a little extra room for lenses and film, i can't think of a nicer bag than "Sabastio's Reporter Satchel" [sic]

http://www.artisanandartist.com/bags/gcam7000.htm

Old 06-07-2007   #9
kshapero
shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrgard
A Luigi half case is a good suggestion. But it will only slightly cushion the blows to the child's forehead.

The bag that I would recommend, since it's exceptionally functional and at least minimally stylish, is the Domke F-5XB. You can do a search on this forum for lots of discussion of this and many other bags.

-Randy
if you think he might like more of a messenger bag, the Domke 802(3) works great

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

Old 08-16-2010   #10
luiman
shadowgrapher

I rediscovered this thread because I would to know if the original bag for Bessa L goes well on the Bessa R. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Luigi