Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Argus RF

Argus RF Forum for Argus RF nuts. The American made Argus C-3 may be the most prolific rangefinder, with over 3 million cameras produced! While American RF nutz of the 1950's may have yearned for a Leica, Zeiss, Canon or Nikon, most of them used an Argus !

Hot Diggity! The Meter Seems To Work!
Old 05-01-2007   #1
Tom Harrell

Smile Hot Diggity! The Meter Seems To Work!

I just got a brick from a local Antique/Junk store, it has a meter and the thing seems to work. The camera has been used some but not a whole lot. The film gate shows little sign of film being pulled over it. Pressure plate nothing much to speak of. Naturally the range finder is somewhat cloudy. I opened the back, put the shutter mechanism to "Bulb" in leiu of "Instant" opened the aperture wide open, tripped the shutter and the blades did not open. I got out the lighter fluid and gave them a small ammount of solution and low and behold they unlocked and fired. I sat there and worked the shutter through all of it's speeds and just kept doing that and it seems to have just needed the exercise. I finally laid the camera down and started playing with the meter. I was so shocked that it actually appears to work. The meter looks new and still has the gold colored "Passed" sticker on the side of it. The sticker looks new! I am truly amazed! Just wanted to share my happiness with you! I forgot to say that the case is in good shape as well. The case is the larger size one so you can leave the meter attached to the camera.

Regards,
Tom