Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Fixed Lens RF

Fixed Lens RF This forum is dedicated to the numerous and popular fixed lens rangefinders, including but not limited to the Canon Canonets, Konica III and S series, Minoltas, Ricohs, Vivitars, and so many others. Note fixed lens Olympus , Yashicas, Argus and Retina have separate forums.

Anyone using Konica I?
Old 04-20-2007   #1
radiocemetery

Anyone using Konica I?

Hi folks,

Have been sort of captivated by the Konica I with the collapsible lens. In the pictures I have seen it looks rather compact. How does it compare in size to an SII for example? Is it a good shooter? Sharp? If you have experience with this model, please share your experience and opinions.

Also I found the mediajoy Japanese website that has some good info. in English but most of the other sites I looked at are in Japanese. Has anyone found other sites with more information on the earlier Konishiroku products in English?

Thanks for any responses,
Steve at the radiocemetery

Old 04-20-2007   #2
OldNick

Years ago I was given a Konica I that had been found in a sailor's seabag on the roadside by a state highway patrolman. It had obviously been subjected to salt air and the body showed a lot of evidence of corrosion. I cleaned it up enough to shoot a few rolls of film and found that the combined viewfinder/rangefinder was quite an improvement over the Leica IIIa that I was using at the time. I recently came across negatives from this camera, but, not having a negative scanner, I cannot post examples.

See this link:http://elekm.net/pages/cameras/konica-i.htm#top

Jim N.

Last edited by OldNick : 04-20-2007 at 21:19.