Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Other RF

Other RF Forum for the many Rangefinder cameras that do not have a dedicated RFF forum.

Big 50mm lens test
Old 12-28-2003   #1
Rich Silfver
Batteries Not Included

Big 50mm lens test

This place: link has a pretty good lens for of over 30 50mm lenses.

Konica really came out on top there and the Noctilux 1.2 did not seem to perform very well at all.

Blog.........................Gallery

Old 12-29-2003   #2
oftheherd

Konica has always had some of the best lenses around. They never gained much popularity for some reason, just like the Fujica lenses. Both lens lines were great. I remember talking to the son of a commercial photographer in Korea over twenty years ago. His father exclusively used Konica lenses due to the performance they had and the price. Some others in the far east felt the same. For some reason, they just didn't gain so much acceptance. It may have been Konica's cameras themselves. They weren't bad, but not accepted as being on a par with Nikon, Canon or Minolta. I suspect the same happened to the Fujicas. Incredible lenses on cameras that were not considered pro. (?)

Old 03-12-2004   #3
Brian Sweeney

Does anyone know where this link has moved; it is no longer available.

Old 11-04-2005   #4
karay

You can access it through waybackmachine.org (they mirror a lot of web pages, so you can read them even if they have been removed or moved). here's the exact link to the mirror of this site:
http://web.archive.org/web/200308121...stIndex007.htm

Old 11-04-2005   #5
Brian Sweeney

That is amazing. I also have the original 1976 Pop Photo that served as a lot of the info on it; but the web page added a good bit more.

I have the "wayback" machine bookmarked.