Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica M -- Minolta CLE

Leica M -- Minolta CLE Minolta's electronic successor to the Leica / Minolta CL.

Minolta CLE + 2,8/28mm Rokkor
Old 04-13-2006   #1
santino
eXpect me

Minolta CLE + 2,8/28mm Rokkor

Hi!

I've got the opportunity to get a Minolta CLE + 2,8/28mm Rokkor for 500$. Good deal? I especially pay attention for the 2,8/28mm Rokkor, is it any good (compareable to a Elmarit?) I would like to use it on my M6 (it will show me the 35mm frame but that doesn't matter).

Old 04-13-2006   #2
sf

Good deal, if the CLE is in good condition. I've seen CLE/Rokkor sets go for over $800 on the auction site. I don't know about the lens, though. The price was for the 40mm.

Old 04-13-2006   #3
andrewch

The 28mm Rokkar may not be as good as 4th version Elmarit, but it is very compact with good optical performance. It is however, particularly prone to develop the infamous white spots on the front and back elements. A clean 28mm Rokkar is pretty hard to come by, and they usually fetch a high price. I have seen one going for $600.

Old 04-13-2006   #4
laptoprob
back to basics

OK deal if and only if the 28mm is in good shape. And the body as well ofcourse. Hood should be included.
I should not pay more than 300 euros for a body. That is possible if you have some time to hunt.

good luck!

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. Douglas Adams

IR and concert pics

Good tool
Old 04-13-2006   #5
kubilai

Good tool

Fine and useful lens especialy on an RF : go and have easy shots with this gentle little kit Here one sample :
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...clegrignan.jpg

Last edited by kubilai : 04-16-2006 at 12:25.

Old 04-13-2006   #6
santino
eXpect me

the body is in good condition but the lens has those nasty white spots (but comes with a lens hood and heliopan filter).

thanks

Old 04-13-2006   #7
George S.
How many is enough?

If all is in good shape, it's a heckuva deal. The 28mm usually goes for $400-$500 alone, because its much rarer to find than a 40 or 90mm. They all have those white spots visible from the front, around the outer edge of the lens, but they don't effect the photos. Just be sure they're only around the outer edge, and look VERY carefully for any signs of fungus. I bought one of those lenses, and after 1 year (correctly stored, no dampness) it was suddenly full of fungus. I've never had a fungus problem with any lens in the 22 years I'm in my home, and I must own about 40 lenses. I had it successfully cleaned just this month by Essex Camera Service, but it was a very stubborm variety and it took them 3 weeks to do it. (they've dome some lens repairs and service for me in the past in only 3 days.)

Old 04-13-2006   #8
Palaeoboy
Joel Matherson

Its definately a good price for both items. Even with the white spots.

The 28mm Rokkor is as good as the 3rd generation Elmarit and much more compact. Prices for the lens have been high for ages but now they have come down heaps. The white spots really only present a problem if they fall on the lens surface itself. The early stages it simple is on the paint around the edges of the front element so isnt in the optical path and doesnt effect picture quality. Heat increases the problem, if you use it on a hot day there will be more white spots there when you get home.

If the camera is fuly operational and the white spots arent on the lens surfaces then its quite a good deal.