Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders

Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders Konica and Zeiss versions of the AE electronic film rangefinder camera

just got mine, sticky shutter . . .
Old 01-27-2011   #1
heroblast

just got mine, sticky shutter . . .

hi all,

long time lurker. i just received my hexar rf in the mail today and i am pretty stoked. just put a waster/test roll of film in it to test the shutter and the speeds sounded way off and on two occasions the shutter just seemed to stick completely. i decided to remove the batteries and reinsert them and everything sounds correct now without any weird hangups. should i be concerned?

thanks,

Old 01-30-2011   #2
tyrone.s

Well, haven't come across that one before. Have you developed the roll? Time will tell. Test it for another roll and try to use the roll over a couple of days - i.e. use the camera, take a couple of shots. Turn it off. Leave it for a bit and use it again.

Old 01-31-2011   #3
ChrisN
Striving

You can fire the shutter with the film door open, and see exactly what it's doing.

"The mission of photography is to explain man to man and each to himself. And that is the most complicated thing on earth."
Edward Steichen

RFF Gallery

Flickr

Old 01-31-2011   #4
kzphoto

Sounds weird considering the shutter is electronic. Follow ChrisN's advice above.

Old 02-02-2011   #5
heroblast

hey thanks for all the suggestions.

i fired the shutter with the film door open and it was definitely getting stuck open; however, i replaced the batteries and that seemed to fix the issue so i put two rolls of film through it and everything's working in proper order now. not sure what was going on. may have just been sittin on the shelf too long?

Old 02-02-2011   #7
johannielscom

What goodtimes says, +1

Always test with fresh batteries.