Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Other RF

Other RF Forum for the many Rangefinder cameras that do not have a dedicated RFF forum.

minolta hi-matic 7sII - :) and ?
Old 09-29-2004   #1
Pherdinand
5000 & call it a day!

minolta hi-matic 7sII - :) and ?

Hi Forum.
So there i was browsing the biggest dutch e-bay-like sell-your-stuff website (i can't resist...) and found what? a BLACK hi-matic 7sII. Condition: Excellent. Listed at a price of 40 euro.

Well i immediatelly mailed the owner that i'm really interested (one can bid on the website but it's not compulsory); waiting for the answer. Also asked him again about its condition...the small pic(see below) didn't satisfy me. But if i get it and it's really working well...

A question: how about the px675? I've found a website relating how to stick in a schottky diode to make it work with the silver-oxides. Is it really necessary (planning to use it only with print film)?Is there any of you who actually did this? If not, what else?

Brian S? Russ? i know you both have it... and i also know that Brian does tinker with his cameras...

Any other stuff good-to-know about this little jewel?(I searched the archives; not much said, but it's all praise ) i'd appreciate all the pros and cons!

Cheers & have a good light today.

Last edited by Pherdinand : 09-29-2004 at 14:24.

Old 09-29-2004   #2
chenick
Nick's my name!

I have an Olympus 35 SP, which I think takes the same battery. I used to use a 1.5v 625 Alkaline and set the ISO to 2/3 less. Worked fine for print, never tried slide.
I currently use a 1.4v 675 zinc-air hearing aid batteries - 6 for 6 I think. They're smaller, but fit and seem to work fine. I think they're the cheapest option. There is also a Dutch place which sells schottky diode adaptors and kits for not much money. (probably the place you mention, it's a Rollei related site if I remember correctly...) I have the PDF brochure if you're interested.

-Nick

Stuff I use:
Bessa R3A & 50mm Nokton, 75mm Heliar | Olympus 35 SP | Olympus XA | Yashica Electro 35 GTN | Pentax ME Super, Samsung GX-1S

Old 09-29-2004   #3
back alley
just joe

for my oly 35 rc and canonet cameras i use both the hearing aid batteries and alkaline versions for b&w negs- seems to work ok.

joe

Old 09-29-2004   #4
Brian Sweeney

I use an MS76 Silver oxide cell (same as SR44, 357) battery as a PX675 substitute. I have not had any problems with the 7SII or Konica S3. I mostly shoot negative film; but I doubt that you will have problems with slide film. You can always adjust your ASA selector down a bit if it is really critical. I like the Silver Oxide cells as very few have leaked over the past 25 years. I have had some alkaline batteries leak. The Zinc-Air batteries only last 3 months or so once exposed to air. If this is an occasional use camera, that gets expensive.

Old 09-30-2004   #5
Pherdinand
5000 & call it a day!

dohh

i got an e-mail "sorry the camera is sold". What the heck!i mailed him less than 2 hours after he listed the camera! and there is still no bid on it. Maybe he changed his mind?

Old 09-30-2004   #6
Pherdinand
5000 & call it a day!

Thanks for the above advices, anyway.

Re: minolta hi-matic 7sII - :) and ?
Old 10-02-2004   #7
Russ

Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdinand
Hi Forum.

A question: how about the px675? I've found a website relating how to stick in a schottky diode to make it work with the silver-oxides. Is it really necessary (planning to use it only with print film)?Is there any of you who actually did this? If not, what else?

Brian S? Russ? i know you both have it... and i also know that Brian does tinker with his cameras...

Any other stuff good-to-know about this little jewel?(I searched the archives; not much said, but it's all praise ) i'd appreciate all the pros and cons!

Cheers & have a good light today.
Pherdinand

It's got a great little 40mm 1.7 sharp lens. You'll really like it. You can go to manual mode with the turn of the dial. Very easy and convenient. I don't know of a lot of Hi_matic 7sII owners. But the one's that do have them, love them. Myself included.

Russ

"A photograph that mirrors reality, cannot compare to one that reflects the spirit"

Old 10-02-2004   #8
Russ

Quote:
Originally posted by Pherdinand

Cheers & have a good light today. [/b]
Pherdinand

For my Hi-matic 7sII and my great little Vivitar ES, I have just been using those cheap little Duracell zinc-air hearing aid batteries, and getting perfect exposures. One will last for a few months. At $5.00 U.S., for six of them, I can't complain. For the cameras requiring the bigger ones, (Canon GIII QL-17 & Oly RC) go with the "Wein" zinc-airs. They last much longer. Or have your camera recalibrated for the 1.5v Silver Oxide's. Stay away from the alkalines. As they diminish with use, so does the accuracy of your meter.

Russ

"A photograph that mirrors reality, cannot compare to one that reflects the spirit"