Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Photogs / Photo Exhibits

Photogs / Photo Exhibits This is the place to discuss a particular Photographer (work, style, life, whatever), as well as to post Gallery and Museum Photo Exhibitions and your own impressions of them. As we march on in this new digital world, it is often too easy to forget about the visual importance of the photographic print, as well as their financial importance to the photographer. It is also interesting to remember that some guy named Gene Smith shot with lenses that many lens test reading "never had a picture published in their life" amateurs would turn up their their noses at, as being "unacceptable."

Old 06-03-2013   #41
Hiyawaan
Particular Individual

Labas Boris! Congratulations on completing you first show!
Vilnius is picturesque, spent seven weeks there filming "Moments in time" series at the Film studio and surrounding areas, fantastic facilities and crew, unfortunately didn't have any time to shoot personal photos. Congrat's again you got some nice images.

Old 06-03-2013   #42
rhl-oregon
jolly good dog Robert

Boris, wonderful work--Thanks for posting the exhibit scans. Sounds like it was a fine opening event as well.

Robert Hill Long Tumblr

Old 09-09-2013   #43
rumbliegeos

Boris, I looked at the photos on flickr - bravo, great stuff. The exhibit must have been a very rewarding experience. I, too, would like to visit Lithuania because of what your photos record and reveal.

Old 09-09-2013   #44
Bob Wilson

Congratulations, Boris! I know it's not the same as seeing finely-crafted prints made with your own hands, but how about posting some more? Your cover image has whetted my appetite. Lithuania is a bit of a stretch for me...

Old 09-09-2013   #45
Bob Wilson

OK, so I found the link above- Beautiful work, Boris! Immediately reminded me of Kertesz.

Old 09-09-2013   #46
Shirley Creazzo

Boris - Thanks to Bob Wilson for bringing this thread back to the home page. So glad I did not miss it altogether. I was especially glad to see you gallery setting was appropriately beautiful for your beautiful photography. Marvelous. When do you do another?

shirley c.

Old 09-09-2013   #47
Mlehrman
Mlehrman

Congratulations and best of luck, Boris. Don't be a stranger as you leap onto the world stage.

Old 09-09-2013   #48
squareshooter
-

Wow. Very impressive.