Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Zeiss Ikon ZM

Zeiss Ikon ZM This is for the current production Leica M mount Zeiss Ikon camera and lenses.

Contameter 1343
Old 11-10-2005   #1
puck

Contameter 1343

Does anyone has a instruction manual for the Contameter 1343 closeup device?

Old 11-10-2005   #2
furcafe

I'm not sure if I have the instructions for the 1343 (which camera model does that work with?), but I do know that I have them for several Contameters, pre & post-WWII. They all work the same & are simple to use. Basics: (1) pick a Proxar & corresponding VF lens for the distance you want; (2) attach the Proxar to your 50mm lens, the VF lens to the Contamater VF/RF, & put the Contameter in the accessory shoe (some of the Contameters have 2 slots, 1 on top & 1 on the bottom, & 2 VF/RF windows--the distance you choose will determine which slot to use & which VF/RF to look through); (3) set your focus to infinity; & (4) focus by matching the double image in the Contameter VF/RF. If you have a specific question I can answer it.
Five a Second. Chicago's Bell & Howell Co. (cameras) announced that it would put on sale this fall the world's most expensive still camera. Its "Foton" will take five 35-mm. pictures a second, sell for $700. Bell & Howell, which has found that "families of both low and high incomes now spend over $550" for movie equipment, hopes to sell 20,000 Fotons a year.

--Facts And Figures, Time magazine, Monday, October 4, 1948
My Photoblog

My Flickr stream

My RFF Gallery

Old 11-11-2005   #3
puck

I will use it with a Contax or a Kiev II /III. I understand the principle how it works. But there are two questions:
In what focal position need the lens to be? Infinity or somewhere else?
Do I have to take the close-up lens into consideration for the aperture setting like a filter ?

Old 11-11-2005   #4
doubs43

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck
I will use it with a Contax or a Kiev II /III. I understand the principle how it works. But there are two questions:
In what focal position need the lens to be? Infinity or somewhere else?
Do I have to take the close-up lens into consideration for the aperture setting like a filter ?
Set the lens for infinity and no exposure correction is necessary.

Walker

Old 11-11-2005   #5
puck

Thanks a lot for the answer! I will try so.