User review about dp1 and2 Merrill
Old 12-21-2012   #1
GaryLH

User review about dp1 and2 Merrill

I came across this user review this morning from Steve Huff's web site. Basically echoing what most of us had said... It is really a 100-200 camera if u want the best from it.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/1...chard-geltman/

Gary

Old 12-21-2012   #2
jsrockit

I use it at 400 as well. Don't like the PP on those photos though... too bland and desaturated.

Old 12-21-2012   #3
GaryLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
I use it at 400 as well. Don't like the PP on those photos though... too bland and desaturated.
Same here.. I like more punch as well, but then again it could be I grew up w/ Kodachrome and fujichrome .

400 is about my limit when it comes to color work. By then I need to change the raw conversion settings for noise down to -2, otherwise, spp gets too heavy handed in the way it does things for all the different noise algos. 800 is just ok...

My auto-iso setting is 100-200, forces me to decide at that point, what iso to really use w/ qs manual approach (forces a decision that the final raw image should be color or b&w).

Gary

Last edited by GaryLH : 12-21-2012 at 10:16. Reason: Added more comment