Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders

Konica RF / Zeiss Ikon ZM Leica Mount Rangefinders Konica and Zeiss versions of the AE electronic film rangefinder camera

Biogon 35/2 w/ stepped-down E39 filters?
Old 01-15-2013   #1
k__43
Registered Film User

Biogon 35/2 w/ stepped-down E39 filters?

I'm about to let my Summicron-C 40mm and the CV 35/2.5 go for a Biogon 35/2 ZM.

I've now an almost complete (for my use) set of 39mm filters and ask myself will they vignette on the Biogon (wide open) when stepped-down to fit the thread?

I'm sure on the Biogon-C it will work, but the f/2 Biogon is more than a third longer than the Leica 35 f/2 lenses ..

Anyone using such a step-down adapter ?

Old 01-15-2013   #2
Gabriel M.A.
My Red Dot Glows For You

Although I don't have my 35 f/2 Biogon anymore, I believe you will have some serious "vignetting" if you use a step-down ring on it; unless, of course, you're using an M8 or a m43 camera.

The filter thread of the Biogon is 43mm. I strongly advise getting the proper filter.

Fellow RFF member: I respect your bandwidth by not posting images larger than 800px on the longest side, and by removing image in a quote.
Together we can combat bandwidth waste (and image scrolling).

My Flickr | (one of) My Portfolio

Old 01-16-2013   #3
k__43
Registered Film User

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel M.A. View Post
Although I don't have my 35 f/2 Biogon anymore, I believe you will have some serious "vignetting" if you use a step-down ring on it; unless, of course, you're using an M8 or a m43 camera.

The filter thread of the Biogon is 43mm. I strongly advise getting the proper filter.
thanks for the reply.
damn .. this is what I thought too.
I also have 46mm filters for my C-sonnar so I could step up until I get the original hood.

Over the years I had so many different lenses and systems that I've collected at least a yellow or red filter in so many different sizes from rollei bay I to 67mm (Mamiya 43mm) - here comes another one

Old 01-16-2013   #4
Brian Legge

I ended up with 43mm as a standard as my Yashinon 5cm 1.8 uses it. The highly irrational part of my brain wants to justify a ZM 35/2 because its the same filter size.