Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Olympus 35 SP meter problem
Old 10-28-2005   #1
john neal
fallor ergo sum

Olympus 35 SP meter problem

Help!

The meter in my otherwise mint- Oly 35 Sp has suddenly gone deaf - it was fine up to a couple of weeks ago, now it only shows EV3 when about 2 inches from a 100watt bulb.

I'm using a new battery and the contacts are clean & bright. When I bought it, I was told that the camera had been adjusted to use alkaline batteries. It has always been around 1 stop off from most of my other cameras, but that is no biggy.

Now I get hardly any movement from the meter at all and use of the spot meter just drops one EV from the average reading.

I have read that these are prone to dry solder joints in the meter circuit - does anyone have any info on inspecting and repairing the meter?

Any suggestions most welcome

John