Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras -

CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras - This new category of digital Compact System Cameras with interchangeable lenses was mislabeled for a time as "Mirrorless Cameras" by those forgetting about "Mirrorless" Rangefinder cameras.  Such confusion is easily understandable, since interchangeable rangefinder cameras were only recently introduced in 1932.  hmm.    CSC or Compact System Camera is probably the best category description to date, although I am fond of the old RFF desigation of  CEVIL  indicating Compact Electronic Viewfidner Interchangeable Lens.   This forum is here at RFF because via adapters these cameras offer an inexpensive way to use rangefinder lenses on digital cameras -- in addition of just about every 35mm SLR lens you can think of.  All  offer the photo enthusiast an incredible array of adopted lenses which was not possible before these new digital formats.   This group continues to grow in popularity and new camera models! 

Carl Zeiss - new family of CSC lenses FYI
Old 09-06-2012   #1
GaryLH

Carl Zeiss - new family of CSC lenses FYI

Cut and paste from this link
http://blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=2745

I wonder which cameras systems they are supporting, outside of Sony NEX line?

Gary

-----------------------

Another highlight will be the presentation of a design study, with which Carl Zeiss will offer a sneak preview of a new family of autofocus lenses for mirrorless system cameras (CSC) that will most likely be available in mid-2013. Due to their performance and high speed, these new lenses will be ideal for deliberate photo composition, making them perfect for more sophisticated photographers as well. Carl Zeiss plans to initially offer fixed focal lengths in the wide angle and standard range as well as a macro. „The trend toward mirrorless system cameras has accelerated since 2010 and we notice growing interest for them among ambitious photographers. We are convinced that as a result of the new and very high-quality cameras and lenses that are coming onto the scene, this market will become even more important. We see lots of potential, which is why we will offer more products for this target group in the future,” said Dr. Winfried Scherle, Senior Vice President of the Camera Lens Division of Carl Zeiss AG.

Old 09-18-2012   #2
gavinlg

http://blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=2864

"What sizes are the lenses designed for?
To showcase our high demands on imaging quality, we decided to focus on cameras with sensor size APS-C.

What focal lengths will be offered?
It will be a product family of its own. Three prime lenses are already in development: 2.8/12, 1.8/32 and 2.8/50 macro.

What type of bayonet (mounts) will be supported?
The new lenses will be available for Sony E-bayonet (Sony NEX cameras) and for Fujifilm X-bayonet (Fujifilm X cameras)."

Extremely exciting for fujifilm X and sony nex users!

Very interesting.
Old 09-18-2012   #3
GaryLH

Very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlg View Post
http://blogs.zeiss.com/photo/en/?p=2864

"What sizes are the lenses designed for?
To showcase our high demands on imaging quality, we decided to focus on cameras with sensor size APS-C.

What focal lengths will be offered?
It will be a product family of its own. Three prime lenses are already in development: 2.8/12, 1.8/32 and 2.8/50 macro.

What type of bayonet (mounts) will be supported?
The new lenses will be available for Sony E-bayonet (Sony NEX cameras) and for Fujifilm X-bayonet (Fujifilm X cameras)."

Extremely exciting for fujifilm X and sony nex users!
Alright !!!! Another third party doing x mount.. The 12f2.8 is kind of interesting. But I wish they would do a 16f2.8 instead.

Gary

Old 09-18-2012   #4
GaryLH

Thanks for the update, Gavin..

Gary

Old 09-18-2012   #5
Bill58
Native Texan

Will these lenses work on the Nikon 1 too?

I guess these were made by CV?

Old 09-18-2012   #6
GaryLH

At first blush I don't think so since they were designed for apsc cameras.. Does Nikon one have a third party adapter for Nex to nikon one?

Gary

Btw I like your quote about to many camera too little time

Old 09-18-2012   #7
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill58 View Post
Will these lenses work on the Nikon 1 too?

I guess these were made by CV?
Just sony nex and fujifilm X mount so far - no idea where they'll be made!

Old 09-18-2012   #8
bugmenot

To clarify, these are autofocus lenses, and not just an extension of the current manual focus line of Zeiss lenses available for Canon and Nikon mounts.

The lenses are designed with the specifications of the E-mount and XF-mount in mind, so the XF lenses have manual aperture rings, while the E-mount lenses have larger focusing rings for the DMF function of NEX cameras (and let's be honest, Fuji lenses and manual focusing aren't very... good).

Old 09-18-2012   #9
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
(and let's be honest, Fuji lenses and manual focusing aren't very... good).
The new firmware released today may just change that...

Old 09-18-2012   #10
guoshuo

well, now all these managers come from behind the backstage!

Old 09-18-2012   #11
BobYIL

A most welcome development.. First AF-Zeiss (!) lenses for the APS-C format, then the same for the AF-FF format too. AF- from Zeiss! Remarkable... Just a few FLs would secure Zeiss' position but also the future of the FF-mirrorless from Sony.

Old 10-15-2012   #12
Brody LeBlanc

I wish these were available now, I also read that the 24mm f1.8 is going to be released in the X mount. I will be in heaven.

Old 10-15-2012   #13
lam
Dave

Happy to hear 32mm f1.8 for Sony E-mount, my low-cost acquisition of a NEX-5n along with a 32/1.8 will be a joy to use.

Probably more so than the 24/1.8 I owned briefly on a NEX-7, which I also owned very briefly..

Old 10-15-2012   #14
bugmenot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody LeBlanc View Post
I wish these were available now, I also read that the 24mm f1.8 is going to be released in the X mount. I will be in heaven.
Highly unlikely, as the Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 for APS-C format is Sony produced and exclusive. It is a unique reverse Sonnar design that I have yet to see in any known lenses.