Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Yashica RF

Yashica RF For all Yashica Rangefinder cameras, whether fixed lens or classic Leica Screw Mount !

Yashica Electro CC - no response with new battery
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
jonmanjiro

Yashica Electro CC - no response with new battery

I recently accidentally won this camera on the Yahoo Japan auctions. Not sure why I even bid on it but it seemed like a good idea at the time

Anyway, so the camera has almost no wear and looks like its been sitting on a shelf for 40 years. The back door seals were so rotted that they crumbled apart when I opened the back door. There is some fungus in the finder and lens which I expect will clean up ok. With a new battery, the frame counter lights up when the battery check button is pressed, but there is no response from the shutter and nothing lights up in the viewfinder. The shutter just fires at a single shutter speed, which it also does without the battery in the camera. So my question is how do I bring this little camera's shutter back to life? Is it a basket case? Or is there hope?

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Lucadomi

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/clas...tml?1362248932
not sure this could help

ôRevolutionary action might be unnecessary, but revolutionary thought is indispensable, and, as the outcome of thought, a rational and constructive hope." B.R.

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Nikos72

Remove the bottom of the camera and then remove the two (if I recall correctly) screws that hold the battery chamber. Pull carefully the battery chamber out and see if the white wire is still connected to the top of it. If not, solder it. Else it might have been disconnected from the top of the camera behind the battery test button. You will have to remove the top to fix this.
Also there is a chance that the electric circuit at the top of the camera is done.

That is what I hated on these beautiful cameras and got rid of all of them.

Here you will find lots of useful information:
http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/repair.html

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
jonmanjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucadomi View Post
Possibly. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos72 View Post
Remove the bottom of the camera and then remove the two (if I recall correctly) screws that hold the battery chamber. Pull carefully the battery chamber out and see if the white wire is still connected to the top of it. If not, solder it. Else it might have been disconnected from the top of the camera behind the battery test button. You will have to remove the top to fix this.
Also there is a chance that the electric circuit at the top of the camera is done.

That is what I hated on these beautiful cameras and got rid of all of them.

Here you will find lots of useful information:
http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/repair.html
The battery in this camera actually slots in under the cover just to the left of the battery check button on the top plate. Thanks for the link!

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
nukecoke

I was trying to get a GX on Yahoo Japan auction (since the price seems sweeter), but simply found that most of the listing these days are labelled as "junk". So I just forgot about it.
To me the most valuable feature of the Electro 35 series is their electronically controlled shutter. I hope you can have your CC fixed, it would be a sweet shooter.