Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Cosina Voigtlander Bessa

Bad 35mm frameline on Bessa R2?
Old 04-07-2012   #1
Adam_M

Bad 35mm frameline on Bessa R2?

Hi all,

I finally got my first rangefinder the other day after years or waiting, a lovely Bessa R2 in black, which does exactly what I want! no temptation of auto modes! lovely. Though I don't have any lenses for it yet! looking for the 35mm f/1.2 II soon.

However I've already noticed what could be a problem, on the 35mm frame liens the line on the right hand side seems to be dull or disappears in some light. Sometimes it's just as bright as the rest, but often not. The other lines are lovely and super bright.

Is this common, or is it broken? if it is broken, is it an easy fix?

If it's normal, I'll just quit my moaning and get on with it!

Cheers,

Adam

Old 04-10-2012   #2
dmc
Bessa Driver

Sorry no one has replied. I do have problems with the frame lines disappearing on my Bessa R, but discovered that this is a problem with my eye location and not the frame line. Try moving your eye a little left or right while looking through the view finder and the lines should brighten up. Worked for me.