Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > 120 RF Folders

120 RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Looking for Mamiya 6
Old 01-27-2007   #1
srtiwari
Daktari

Looking for Mamiya 6

After realizing that I was using RFs alone ,while the SLRs gathered dust in the closet, I think, I'll get rid of the Hasselblad and Mamiya SLR outfits and buy some mamiya 6 gear. All the 6x6 advantages in a smaller outfit, and no mirror slap !
My questions are-
How durable is the Mamiya 6 equipment- I have Leica M cameras as a comparison ?
How available are the outfits in the marketplace ?
Any regrets owning this system ?

Appreciate any help.

Subhash

Old 01-27-2007   #2
Pablito
coco frío

Aha!...the "Leica on steroids"! As durable as Leica M bodies, in my experience, and as easy and intuitive to use. I own two of them since the mid 90s, no problems whatsoever. Excellent optics - I have done blowups to 40x40 inches. Availablity - they are for sale regularly as kits, bodies or lenses only on the heave-bay. Search ended auctions for an idea of what's been sold recently. NO regrets whatsoever! I am thinking of parting with one of my bodies just because I"m using more Leica now- the body I used (very little) for backup which is in super condition- so PM me if interested.

Old 01-27-2007   #3
clarence
ダメ

I'm selling mine.

Old 01-27-2007   #4
srtiwari
Daktari

All right, gentlemen. Any photos, prices and "Want-in-trades" ? I personally prefer Mint/Mint- equipment, and mine is the same.

Old 01-27-2007   #5
srtiwari
Daktari

Ver nice pice BY the equipment , Clarence. Any pics OF the equipment ?

Old 04-07-2007   #6
Maineiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtiwari
After realizing that I was using RFs alone ,while the SLRs gathered dust in the closet, I think, I'll get rid of the Hasselblad and Mamiya SLR outfits and buy some mamiya 6 gear. All the 6x6 advantages in a smaller outfit, and no mirror slap !
My questions are-
How durable is the Mamiya 6 equipment- I have Leica M cameras as a comparison ?
How available are the outfits in the marketplace ?
Any regrets owning this system ?

Appreciate any help.

Subhash
Photo Market, Maine's largest camera store, in Portland has a brand new one in the box. Alas, they don't have a website. Don't know what price they're asking, but I'm sure it will be higher than buying used from KEH or somewhere like that. KEH's prices are quite good--I bought two lenses for my Mamiya 7-- and their grading is very conservative. Their "Excellent" is really "near mint" in anyone else's grading. Good folks to deal with.

Old 03-03-2012   #7
theeggcarton

Hi all...I am on the lookout for a Mamiya 6...body condition less important than clean glass and 100% functioning mechanics.
Anyone know of one for sale (or have one for sale) at a reasonable price?

Thanks!
Greg

Old 03-03-2012   #8
brian steinberger

The Mamiya 6 is an amazing camera. I also own two bodies but you'll have to pry one from my cold dead hands before I sell one!! Durability, not as tough as a Leica I don't think, but certainly tough, tougher than many other MF rangefinders I've used. They come up on ebay rather regularly. The aren't as rare as you may think. I'd buy from KEH if you're looking for something guaranteed in good shape. Prices keep going up.